    my modem from a brick into a rock solid router. I'm on a long, 60dB, line
    and used to lose sync a few times a day. Since installing the new firmware I
    haven't dropped sync once nor have I had to reconnect to voipfone.
    JohnF, Jan 24, 2008

  2. JohnF

    Brian A Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:57:45 -0000, "JohnF" <> wrote:

    >Last week AVM released a new firmware revision for the 7140 which has turned
    >my modem from a brick into a rock solid router. I'm on a long, 60dB, line
    >and used to lose sync a few times a day. Since installing the new firmware I
    >haven't dropped sync once nor have I had to reconnect to voipfone.

    I am pleased to hear that. I stopped using mine and went back to using
    my old router because 90% of the time my computer wouldn't connect and
    I had to keep resetting it. Good, I'll get the new firmware on and
    hope all improves. I am hoping that they will improve the voip
    settings provision some time too - it is far too primitive for me.

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---
    Brian A, Jan 24, 2008