    wires for lines 1&2 and the last two for line 3. Do multiple master sockets
    cause an issue, or can I only have one max on one line?

    Thanks for your help!

    Herman, Nov 7, 2006

  2. Herman

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Herman" <> wrote in
    message news:Yo14h.4351$
    > Just trying to expand my telephone cabling to make use of
    > the three lines on the FritzBox 7050. My questions are:
    >
    > * Lines 1 & 2 have an RJ11 socket (or similar socket with
    > RJ11 adapter - can't remember) but Line 3 is hard-wired
    > and expects two wires. I assume I need to connect up a
    > master socket to get a ring signal? * I want to use some
    > Cat6 cable solid core to wire up the telephone circuits -
    > is this suitable? * I want to use one Cat6 cable right
    > around the house, using three of the wires for lines 1&2
    > and the last two for line 3. Do multiple master sockets
    > cause an issue, or can I only have one max on one line?
    > Thanks for your help!

    The RJ11 ports are only two wire, so if you need a ring wire to the phone
    then yes you'll need a master socket. The supplied adaptors will include
    the capacitor. I wire my lines into the exchange line ports of my PABX so
    two wires are all I need.

    Multiple masters aren't recommended, I would recommend a separate cable
    for each line.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 7, 2006

  3. Herman

    Jono Guest

    Ivor Jones laid this down on his screen :
    > "Herman" <> wrote in
    > message news:Yo14h.4351$
    >> Just trying to expand my telephone cabling to make use of
    >> the three lines on the FritzBox 7050. My questions are:
    >>
    >> * Lines 1 & 2 have an RJ11 socket (or similar socket with
    >> RJ11 adapter - can't remember) but Line 3 is hard-wired
    >> and expects two wires. I assume I need to connect up a
    >> master socket to get a ring signal? * I want to use some
    >> Cat6 cable solid core to wire up the telephone circuits -
    >> is this suitable? * I want to use one Cat6 cable right
    >> around the house, using three of the wires for lines 1&2
    >> and the last two for line 3. Do multiple master sockets
    >> cause an issue, or can I only have one max on one line?
    >> Thanks for your help!

    > The RJ11 ports are only two wire, so if you need a ring wire to the phone
    > then yes you'll need a master socket. The supplied adaptors will include the
    > capacitor. I wire my lines into the exchange line ports of my PABX so two
    > wires are all I need.
    >
    > Multiple masters aren't recommended, I would recommend a separate cable for
    > each line.
    >
    > Ivor

    ......but what does he mean by "Lines 1 & 2 have an RJ11 socket (or
    similar socket with RJ11 adapter - can't remember) but Line 3 is
    hard-wired and expects two wires"....?

    Is this device a 3 port device....with only 2 ports..?

    Jono, Nov 7, 2006
  4. Herman

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > .....but what does he mean by "Lines 1 & 2 have an RJ11
    > socket (or similar socket with RJ11 adapter - can't
    > remember) but Line 3 is hard-wired and expects two
    > wires"....?
    > Is this device a 3 port device....with only 2 ports..?

    Simple, the first two ports have RJ11 sockets, the third has a small
    terminal block into which you have to insert 2 wires. I suppose there
    wasn't room for 3 RJ11 sockets.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 7, 2006
  5. Herman

    Jono Guest

    Ivor Jones formulated the question :

    >> Is this device a 3 port device....with only 2 ports..?

    > Simple, the first two ports have RJ11 sockets, the third has a small terminal
    > block into which you have to insert 2 wires. I suppose there wasn't room for
    > 3 RJ11 sockets.
    >
    > Ivor

    One RJ45 could power three 2-pair analogue ports.

    Jono, Nov 7, 2006
  6. Herman

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones formulated the question :
    >
    > > > Is this device a 3 port device....with only 2 ports..?

    > > Simple, the first two ports have RJ11 sockets, the
    > > third has a small terminal block into which you have to
    > > insert 2 wires. I suppose there wasn't room for 3 RJ11
    > > sockets.

    > One RJ45 could power three 2-pair analogue ports.

    Which is precisely what the 7170 does, one of the reasons I'm waiting for
    a UK version.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 8, 2006
  7. Herman

    Herman Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> Ivor Jones formulated the question :

    >> > Simple, the first two ports have RJ11 sockets, the
    >> > third has a small terminal block into which you have to
    >> > insert 2 wires. I suppose there wasn't room for 3 RJ11
    >> > sockets.

    >> One RJ45 could power three 2-pair analogue ports.

    > Which is precisely what the 7170 does, one of the reasons I'm waiting for
    > a UK version.
    >
    > Ivor

    Cheers for the info guys. I take it the Cat6 solid core cabling is OK for
    wiring up extensions?

    Thanks

    Herman, Nov 8, 2006
  8. Herman

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Herman" <> wrote in
    message news:3Zs4h.19869$
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > > > Ivor Jones formulated the question :

    > > > One RJ45 could power three 2-pair analogue ports.

    > > Which is precisely what the 7170 does, one of the
    > > reasons I'm waiting for a UK version.

    > Cheers for the info guys. I take it the Cat6 solid core
    > cabling is OK for wiring up extensions?

    I don't see why not, as long as you don't put a single RJ45 on the other
    end so it gets confused with a standard Ethernet cable. Not sure what
    would happen if you plugged a PC in to the phone ports..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 9, 2006