    at all on UK ADSL
    Also will these boxes work on ADSL max ?

    Thanks
    Jim, Apr 21, 2006

  2. Jim wrote:
    > I notice that this comes in 2 flavours Annex A (international ADSL) or Annex
    > B (Germany)

    > What is the difference between these 2 standards ? Will an Annex B not work
    > at all on UK ADSL

    I thought Annex B was ADSL over ISDN and would not work in the UK. Annex
    A being ADSL over PSTN and what we use in the UK.
    Colin Forrester, Apr 21, 2006

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Thanks Colin - looks like I will need an Annex A then
    Jim, Apr 21, 2006
  4. Jim

    Paul Hayes Guest

    Colin Forrester wrote:
    > Jim wrote:
    >
    >> I notice that this comes in 2 flavours Annex A (international ADSL) or
    >> Annex B (Germany)

    >> What is the difference between these 2 standards ? Will an Annex B not
    >> work at all on UK ADSL

    > I thought Annex B was ADSL over ISDN and would not work in the UK. Annex
    > A being ADSL over PSTN and what we use in the UK.

    Correct. Annex B is common in Germany but rare in the UK.
    Paul Hayes, Apr 21, 2006
  5. Paul Hayes wrote:

    >>> I notice that this comes in 2 flavours Annex A (international ADSL)
    >>> or Annex B (Germany)

    >>> What is the difference between these 2 standards ? Will an Annex B
    >>> not work at all on UK ADSL

    >> I thought Annex B was ADSL over ISDN and would not work in the UK.
    >> Annex A being ADSL over PSTN and what we use in the UK.

    > Correct. Annex B is common in Germany but rare in the UK.

    Rare as in non-existent in the UK?
    Colin Forrester, Apr 21, 2006