    just wondered if Ivor Jones is about? I have some Fritzbox questions and
    I know he as one!

    Bob

    bob garbutt, Jun 6, 2008

  2. bob garbutt

    Nick Guest

    "bob garbutt" <> wrote in message
    news:5V62k.75171$2...
    > just wondered if Ivor Jones is about? I have some Fritzbox questions and
    > I know he as one!
    >
    > Bob

    You know Ivor is "one" of what?

    Nick, Jun 6, 2008

  3. bob garbutt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:bLa2k.29665$2,
    Nick <> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
    : "bob garbutt" <> wrote in message
    : news:5V62k.75171$2...
    : > just wondered if Ivor Jones is about? I have some Fritzbox
    : > questions and I know he as one!
    : >
    : > Bob
    :
    : You know Ivor is "one" of what?

    Careful ;-)

    Which model Fritz and what do you want to know..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 6, 2008
  4. bob garbutt

    Nick Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > In news:bLa2k.29665$2,
    > Nick <> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
    > : "bob garbutt" <> wrote in message
    > : news:5V62k.75171$2...
    > : > just wondered if Ivor Jones is about? I have some Fritzbox
    > : > questions and I know he as one!
    > : >
    > : > Bob
    > :
    > : You know Ivor is "one" of what?
    >
    > Careful ;-)
    >
    > Which model Fritz and what do you want to know..?
    >
    > Ivor

    Well it woke you up:)

    At the third stroke, it will be two hairs past a pimple. - - -

    Nick, Jun 6, 2008
  5. bob garbutt

    Nick Guest

    Nick, Jun 6, 2008
  6. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > In news:bLa2k.29665$2,
    > Nick <> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
    > : "bob garbutt" <> wrote in message
    > : news:5V62k.75171$2...
    > : > just wondered if Ivor Jones is about? I have some Fritzbox
    > : > questions and I know he as one!
    > : >
    > : > Bob
    > :
    > : You know Ivor is "one" of what?
    >
    > Careful ;-)
    >
    > Which model Fritz and what do you want to know..?
    >
    > Ivor

    hi,

    I have the 1020 fone ata, I use justvoip for outgoing calls and sipgate
    for incoming calls, and have the two account set-up to use fon 1, I use
    sipgate to sigate account when calling other sipgate users! I dont get
    any echo but people I call say there is a echo and also a delay at
    times. I used to use the sipura 1001 and there are settings that you can
    change for codecs etc, have you had any echo problems?

    The other thing is call waiting, Do I have to enable this from the phone
    because it does not seem to work, I put in the star codes from the phone
    and just get three beeps?

    I hope this makes sense?

    Regards, Bob

    bob garbutt, Jun 6, 2008
  7. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    Nick wrote:
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:bLa2k.29665$2,
    >> Nick <> typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
    >> : "bob garbutt" <> wrote in message
    >> : news:5V62k.75171$2...
    >> : > just wondered if Ivor Jones is about? I have some Fritzbox
    >> : > questions and I know he as one!
    >> : >
    >> : > Bob
    >> :
    >> : You know Ivor is "one" of what?
    >>
    >> Careful ;-)
    >>
    >> Which model Fritz and what do you want to know..?
    >>
    >> Ivor
    >>

    > Well it woke you up:)
    >
    > At the third stroke, it will be two hairs past a pimple. - - -

    yer wot

    bob garbutt, Jun 7, 2008
  8. bob garbutt

    Ivor Jones Guest

    In news:tBe2k.88341$2,
    bob garbutt <> typed, for some strange, unexplained
    reason:
    : Ivor Jones wrote:
    : > In news:bLa2k.29665$2,
    : > Nick <> typed, for some strange, unexplained
    : > reason:
    : > : "bob garbutt" <> wrote in message
    : > : news:5V62k.75171$2...
    : > : > just wondered if Ivor Jones is about? I have some Fritzbox
    : > : > questions and I know he as one!
    : > : >
    : > : > Bob
    : > :
    : > : You know Ivor is "one" of what?
    : >
    : > Careful ;-)
    : >
[...]

    Hmm, not sure, don't really know that particular device, I have the
    original Fritz!Box Fon (without wireless) and the 7170, but I assume the
    VoIP settings are similar.

    Never had any echo problems, can't see any options to change codecs as
    such but there is this option under "Advanced Settings" under "Internet
    Telephony" which may be on your box somewhere. The first selection
    (automatic) is the default and I haven't changed it.

    ----------
    Select here how to use the bandwidth of the DSL connection for telephone
    calls.
    automatic selection of voice coding (recommended)
    FRITZ!Box adjusts the voice coding automatically according to the speed of
    your DSL connection.

    always use voice coding in fixed-line network quality
    FRITZ!Box always uses lossless voice coding as in the fixed-line network.

    always use voice coding with compression
    FRITZ!Box uses voice coding with compression to reduce the data volume for
    Internet calls.

    Indicate Type of Service

    Marking the voice packets in this way makes it possible for these packets
    to be prioritized by routers that support this indication.

    Indicate SIP packets
    Value
    Indicate RTP packets
    Value

    Hope this helps. As for call waiting, I don't like it so don't use it.
    Anybody ringing me while I'm on the phone gets the busy tone, all my VoIP
    accounts are only set to go to voicemail if I don't answer, never when the
    number's busy. If it's important they'll either use one of the other
    numbers or try again later. However I don't see why you should have to
    enable it from the phone.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 7, 2008