Friken Idiots with Computers...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by The Hobbit, Nov 2, 2004.

  1. The Hobbit

    The Hobbit Guest

    Great - the wife just got an email from one of the exhibitors at the home
    show who decided to send a 'courtesy email' to tell us that we'll be getting
    something in the post - however they also managed to include ALL the email
    addresses of everyone else who'd left their details with them.

    They're blaming a 'technical glitch' which in truth boils down to them
    installing ACT! and some one not configuring it correctly so that their
    group emails aren't BCCed.

    They're apologetic enough, but it's just sloppiness on their part
    (especially since even a simple test post prior to using potential customers
    email addresses would have highlighted the issues to anyone looking for it)
    but what really rips my nightie is they're blaming the software and not the
    complete waste of oxygen who configured it for the stuff up. Ah well,
    there's a few major law firms domains on the list - I hope one of them give
    them a whacking too.

    Anyone want 26 highly qualified leads for renovation supplies?

    /rant

    The Hobbit, Nov 2, 2004

  2. The Hobbit

    steve Guest

    steve, Nov 2, 2004

  3. The Hobbit

    Snufkin Guest

    In article <HgFhd.2227$>,
    "The Hobbit" <> wrote:

    > Anyone want 26 highly qualified leads for renovation supplies?

    Only 26 leads? It was hardly worth have a stall at the Home Show.

    --
    ......Snufkin

    Snufkin, Nov 2, 2004
  4. In article <HgFhd.2227$>, "The Hobbit" <> wrote:
    >Great - the wife just got an email from one of the exhibitors at the home
    >show who decided to send a 'courtesy email' to tell us that we'll be getting
    >something in the post - however they also managed to include ALL the email
    >addresses of everyone else who'd left their details with them.
    >
    >They're blaming a 'technical glitch' which in truth boils down to them
    >installing ACT! and some one not configuring it correctly so that their
    >group emails aren't BCCed.
    >
    >They're apologetic enough, but it's just sloppiness on their part
    >(especially since even a simple test post prior to using potential customers
    >email addresses would have highlighted the issues to anyone looking for it)
    >but what really rips my nightie is they're blaming the software and not the
    >complete waste of oxygen who configured it for the stuff up. Ah well,
    >there's a few major law firms domains on the list - I hope one of them give
    >them a whacking too.

    :)

    I once got 4 emails from one supplier ... 3.95 of them were just the email
    addresses of the others it was sent to.
    I was polite in my request for this not to happen again ... and they pretty
    much admitted it was (as you say) human error. The good news is, they have
    learned and never done it again :)

    Bruce

    ------------------------------
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals
    dying of nothing.

    -Redd Foxx

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 2, 2004
  5. The Hobbit

    Gordon Guest

    On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 18:52:26 +1300, The Hobbit wrote:

    > Great - the wife just got an email from one of the exhibitors at the home
    > show who decided to send a 'courtesy email' to tell us that we'll be getting
    > something in the post - however they also managed to include ALL the email
    > addresses of everyone else who'd left their details with them.

    WOW! Some people just do not know how to deal with the technology do they
    now?

    Others fail to realise this. ;-)

    Gordon, Nov 3, 2004