    with Windows Commander to erase the folder for it but 24 hours later
    its back again."

    How does a programme keep installing itself?
    GraB, Aug 16, 2005

  2. GraB

    steve Guest

    GraB wrote:

    > or it might be frustrating friend with problem:
    >
    > "After telling you that Repair Registry Pro had gone it has suddenly
    > popped up again and at its old tricks. Nothing that I can throw at
    > it will erase it. Every avenue seems to be locked up. I did manage
    > with Windows Commander to erase the folder for it but 24 hours later
    > its back again."
    >
    > How does a programme keep installing itself?

    Sounds like a virus...... :)
    steve, Aug 16, 2005

  3. GraB

    Sticky Guest

    steve wrote:

    > GraB wrote:
    >

    >>or it might be frustrating friend with problem:
    >>
    >>"After telling you that Repair Registry Pro had gone it has suddenly
    >>popped up again and at its old tricks. Nothing that I can throw at
    >>it will erase it. Every avenue seems to be locked up. I did manage
    >>with Windows Commander to erase the folder for it but 24 hours later
    >>its back again."
    >>=================================================
    >>
    >>How does a programme keep installing itself?

    > Sounds like a virus...... :)

    Could be, but there's gotta be data there somewhere for it to unpack
    and install.

    There are lots of ways if dealing with this. (I'll assume XP) Have you
    tried START|RUN|msconfig and select the Startup tab. Look to see any
    suspicious startups.
    Also check out SYSTEM.INI and WIN.INI - you never know.

    Registry : MAKE A BACKUP then Run regedit and then hit Control+F and
    then delete everything to do with the program you're trying to shift,
    don't stuff around, hack into it... delete anything that looks like
    the stuff you don't want, you've always got the backup if things go
    pearshaped. Find out the makers name of the software. Sometimes the
    registry will use their name rather than the program name.

    Also - search your entire PC for *anything that has the right name. It
    could be a CAB file, delete *everything more than a day old in all the
    temp directories e.g. "C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Local
    Settings\Temp"

    --
    Jim
    Sticky, Aug 17, 2005