    wired to the router.
    Thanks So Much.
    Frank
    Frank, Jul 23, 2005

  2. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Sorry for this but, I am use to winxo pro. My friends have Home ed. Does
    this mean I should read up on Simple file sharig? I have it disabled on my
    pcs of course to get the security tab.My friends are not real worried about
    securirt with respect to fole sharing and as a stated, they only have a very
    slow dial up.
    Thanks
    Frank

    Frank, Jul 23, 2005

  3. Frank

    Andrew C Guest

    hi,

    you dont need a user profile on both computers that are the same. both
    computers have to be in the same workgroup. you can also share other folders
    on the computers other than shared docs. you just have to right click the
    folder you want to share and click sharing/security. maybe you should read
    up on simple file sharing. also, both firewalls have to be configured to
    allow the computers to access eachother. both computers have to be on to
    access the files.

    i think that is everything you have to do.

    Andrew

    Andrew C, Jul 29, 2005