  1. Can he even use outlook (he goes from place to place with it, such as
    school, internet cafes, ect.) for his email?

    Thanks

    Bradley Burton, May 8, 2004

  2. Bradley Burton

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Bradley Burton" <> wrote in news:K5Zmc.48646
    $0H1.4604211@attbi_s54:

    > Can he even use outlook (he goes from place to place with it, such as
    > school, internet cafes, ect.) for his email?

    If he can plug it in and get internet access, he should be able to
    /receive/ emails fine like normal. Sending emails he wouldn't normally be
    able to do. As a lock down precaution against spam, most email servers
    automatically reject anything from someone who is outside their domain (as
    in, if you are on service b, sending mail through service a's email server,
    whether or not you have an account it isn't allowed to send).

    News can be a different story. If his news server does RADIUS
    authentication (where you connect to your ISP and they authenticate you to
    the news service) you /must/ be on your ISPs network. If they give you a
    username and password for news service, you should be able to use it
    anywhere, from any connection.

    Hope this helps.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, May 8, 2004

  3. Bradley Burton

    Chet Guest

    That depends, at least in part, on his ISP. My cable-modem ISP provides
    specific "hooks" for accessing all of their services from other types of
    connection. I have used it from hotel lobbies, cruise ships, etc.

    Chet, May 8, 2004
  4. Bradley Burton

    Global_Killa Guest

    "Chet" <> wrote in message
    > That depends, at least in part, on his ISP. My cable-modem ISP provides
    > specific "hooks" for accessing all of their services from other types of
    > connection. I have used it from hotel lobbies, cruise ships, etc.
    > "Bradley Burton" <> wrote in message
    > > Can he even use outlook (he goes from place to place with it, such as
    > > school, internet cafes, ect.) for his email?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    My ISP wont let me recieve any E-mail, or connect to their newsgroup server
    without using their connection.

    If you are using Hotmail, you can recieve and send E-mail from any location
    using Outlook Express =)

    --
    Global_Killa

    http://punkthenation.tk