    A. I can watch movies, I can think, and I can write.
    From Dale's Movie Page at
    http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Academy/7309/movies.html
    --
    http://agrgic.tripod.com | http://agrgic.tripod.com/rew
    * STOP nekvalitetnim DVD izdanjima! Potpisite peticiju, prijavite lose DVD-e...
    * http://www33.brinkster.com/stoplosidvd

    Arminio Grgic, May 21, 2004

  2. Arminio Grgic

    Spookshow Guest

    I certainly hope any new release includes audio commentary from William
    Freidkin. He's right up there with Ridley Scott when it comes to engrossing
    discussion of his films.

    Spookshow, May 21, 2004

  3. On Fri, 21 May 2004, Spookshow wrote:

    > I certainly hope any new release includes audio commentary from William
    > Freidkin. He's right up there with Ridley Scott when it comes to engrossing
    > discussion of his films.

    Except for that revised Exorcist DVD...one of those "describing the
    onscreen action" commentaries if ever there was one.

    swac

    Stephen Cooke, May 21, 2004
  4. Arminio Grgic

    Arminio Guest

    "Spookshow" <> wrote in message news:<40adc510$0$8701$>...
    > I certainly hope any new release includes audio commentary from William
    > Freidkin. He's right up there with Ridley Scott when it comes to engrossing
    > discussion of his films.

    Look here:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...&selm=3d612529.17865399%40news.fina.hr&rnum=1

    But, too much time passed and stil no new release :((((

    I would like to get that old one that still can't be found on eBay but
    I don't know is it pan&scan or open-matte fullframe ?

    Arminio, May 21, 2004
  5. (Arminio Grgic) writes:

    > Is the only DVD release of Sorcerer in pan&scan or fullframe aspect
    > ratio?

    I'm not 100% sure, but I'd suspect its pan&scan. I have an old
    vhs copy taped from tv broadcast and the picture was squashed
    a bit horizontally (looks good in 16:9 mode :), colours are
    awful though, no compare to the old laserdisc release).
    In the days of laserdisc I compared this copy to LD transfer (ntsc).
    The full screen (4:3) LD was missing some picture from sides.
    In one scene, when this french guy was selling his watch, there
    was a clear pan from left to right, which wasn't present on
    the vhs copy. I haven't seen the DVD, but its likely the same way.

    This film was originally 1:66:1 or 1.85:1, so pan&scan or full screen
    transfer is not a total disaster.

    --
    Paikka on varattu
    vali deille

    Pentti Lajunen, May 22, 2004
  6. I have this DVD and on the case it says 1.33:1 Full Frame. I also seem
    to remember some previous discussion of it being an open matte transfer.

    --
    My DVD collection:
    http://www.geocities.com/nmzdfilms/dvdlibrary.html

    Noise is a byproduct of inefficiency.

    Neo Maxi Zoom Dweeby, May 22, 2004
  7. On Sat, 22 May 2004 12:20:02 -0400, (Neo Maxi
    Zoom Dweeby) wrote:

    >I have this DVD and on the case it says 1.33:1 Full Frame. I also seem
    >to remember some previous discussion of it being an open matte transfer.

    I read that info too. I think it is open matte...
    We'll se when I get it (yes, I ordered) ... :)

    --
    Q. What are your qualifications to be a film critic?
    A. I can watch movies, I can think, and I can write.
    From Dale's Movie Page at

    Arminio Grgic, May 24, 2004