    as I was worried about the very low temperatures that could occur at times.
    Would a standard unit operate at such temperatures? I am in UK.
    Thanks for any replies.
    Pancho, Jan 3, 2007

  2. Pancho

    Flying Rat Guest

    In article <x_Smh.23383$>,
    says...
    > I am thinking of installing a fridge/freezer in my garden shed as extra
    > storage space, does anybody know if I would be likely to run into problems,
    > as I was worried about the very low temperatures that could occur at times.
    > Would a standard unit operate at such temperatures? I am in UK.
    > Thanks for any replies.

    we used to have one in the garage. The only problem we had with it was
    corrosion due to being in an unheated area.

    FR
    Flying Rat, Jan 3, 2007

  3. Pancho

    old man Guest

    will work fine

    old man, Jan 3, 2007
  4. Pancho

    beenthere Guest

    "Pancho" <> wrote in message
    >I am thinking of installing a fridge/freezer in my garden shed as extra
    >storage space, does anybody know if I would be likely to run into problems,
    >as I was worried about the very low temperatures that could occur at times.
    >Would a standard unit operate at such temperatures? I am in UK.
    > Thanks for any replies.

    What FR says in his response is true.
    The heat exchanger behind/under the unit, creates heat.
    This, when it cools, draws moisture, which, in time, will
    create corrosion.
    Don`t forget sheds get damp, especially in winter.

    bw..OJ
    beenthere, Jan 3, 2007
  5. On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 18:55:25 GMT, "Pancho" <> wrote:

    >I am thinking of installing a fridge/freezer in my garden shed as extra
    >storage space, does anybody know if I would be likely to run into problems,
    >as I was worried about the very low temperatures that could occur at times.
    >Would a standard unit operate at such temperatures? I am in UK.
    >Thanks for any replies.

    The ones in the shed where I used to live in NW UK were OK for about
    twenty years. I can't remember which make they were.

    http://www.easynn.com
    Steve Wolstenholme, Jan 3, 2007
  6. beenthere wrote:

    > "Pancho" <> wrote in message
    >>I am thinking of installing a fridge/freezer in my garden shed as extra
    >>storage space, does anybody know if I would be likely to run into problems,
    >>as I was worried about the very low temperatures that could occur at times.
    >>Would a standard unit operate at such temperatures? I am in UK.
    >> Thanks for any replies.

    > What FR says in his response is true.
    > The heat exchanger behind/under the unit, creates heat.
    > This, when it cools, draws moisture, which, in time, will
    > create corrosion.
    > Don`t forget sheds get damp, especially in winter.

    Isn't it always winter in the UK?

    --
    Blinky T. "sunny southern Californian" Shark
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 3, 2007
  7. Pancho

    user Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > beenthere wrote:
    >>
    >> "Pancho" <> wrote in message
    >>>I am thinking of installing a fridge/freezer in my garden shed as extra
    >>>storage space, does anybody know if I would be likely to run into
    >>>problems,
    >>>as I was worried about the very low temperatures that could occur at
    >>>times.
    >>>Would a standard unit operate at such temperatures? I am in UK.
    >>> Thanks for any replies.

    >> What FR says in his response is true.
    >> The heat exchanger behind/under the unit, creates heat.
    >> This, when it cools, draws moisture, which, in time, will
    >> create corrosion.
    >> Don`t forget sheds get damp, especially in winter.

    > Isn't it always winter in the UK?

    Keep on taking the earth quake pills, numbnuts!
    user, Jan 3, 2007
  8. Pancho

    beenthere Guest

    > beenthere wrote:
    >>
    >> "Pancho" <> wrote in message
    >>>I am thinking of installing a fridge/freezer in my garden shed as extra
    >>>storage space, does anybody know if I would be likely to run into
    >>>problems,
    >>>as I was worried about the very low temperatures that could occur at
    >>>times.
    >>>Would a standard unit operate at such temperatures? I am in UK.
    >>> Thanks for any replies.

    >> What FR says in his response is true.
    >> The heat exchanger behind/under the unit, creates heat.
    >> This, when it cools, draws moisture, which, in time, will
    >> create corrosion.
    >> Don`t forget sheds get damp, especially in winter.

    > Isn't it always winter in the UK?

    This last summer was SO hot I nearly went for a swim,
    and then I thought........he might be over this way <g>.

    bw..OJ
    beenthere, Jan 3, 2007
  9. Pancho

    clot Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > beenthere wrote:
    >>
    >> "Pancho" <> wrote in message
    >>> I am thinking of installing a fridge/freezer in my garden shed as
    >>> extra storage space, does anybody know if I would be likely to run
    >>> into problems, as I was worried about the very low temperatures
    >>> that could occur at times. Would a standard unit operate at such
    >>> temperatures? I am in UK.
    >>> Thanks for any replies.

    >> What FR says in his response is true.
    >> The heat exchanger behind/under the unit, creates heat.
    >> This, when it cools, draws moisture, which, in time, will
    >> create corrosion.
    >> Don`t forget sheds get damp, especially in winter.

    > Isn't it always winter in the UK?

    :)

    On Christmas Day 'twas hotter in parts than in parts of Oz - their
    summer!
    clot, Jan 3, 2007
  10. Pancho

    Tony Guest

    Storage for what? You poms drink your beer warm from what understand. And
    the whole of the UK is a big fridge anyway....

    Tony, Jan 4, 2007
  11. user wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> beenthere wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Pancho" <> wrote in message
    >>> What FR says in his response is true.
    >>> The heat exchanger behind/under the unit, creates heat.
    >>> This, when it cools, draws moisture, which, in time, will
    >>> create corrosion.
    >>> Don`t forget sheds get damp, especially in winter.

    >> Isn't it always winter in the UK?
    >>

    > Keep on taking the earth quake pills, numbnuts!

    Never heard of 'em.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 4, 2007
  12. beenthere wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> beenthere wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Pancho" <> wrote in message
    >>> What FR says in his response is true.
    >>> The heat exchanger behind/under the unit, creates heat.
    >>> This, when it cools, draws moisture, which, in time, will
    >>> create corrosion.
    >>> Don`t forget sheds get damp, especially in winter.

    >> Isn't it always winter in the UK?
    >>

    > This last summer was SO hot I nearly went for a swim,
    > and then I thought........he might be over this way <g>.

    I wasn't, but I have friends all over and probably could have called in
    a strike. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 4, 2007
  13. clot wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> beenthere wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Pancho" <> wrote in message
    >>> What FR says in his response is true.
    >>> The heat exchanger behind/under the unit, creates heat.
    >>> This, when it cools, draws moisture, which, in time, will
    >>> create corrosion.
    >>> Don`t forget sheds get damp, especially in winter.

    >> Isn't it always winter in the UK?

    >:)
    >
    > On Christmas Day 'twas hotter in parts than in parts of Oz - their
    > summer!

    Damn. If that didn't melt your igloos, I'll bet it at least softened
    'em up some. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 4, 2007
  14. Pancho

    Senti Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > beenthere wrote:
    >> "Pancho" <> wrote in message
    >>> I am thinking of installing a fridge/freezer in my garden shed as extra
    >>> storage space, does anybody know if I would be likely to run into problems,
    >>> as I was worried about the very low temperatures that could occur at times.
    >>> Would a standard unit operate at such temperatures? I am in UK.
    >>> Thanks for any replies.

    >> What FR says in his response is true.
    >> The heat exchanger behind/under the unit, creates heat.
    >> This, when it cools, draws moisture, which, in time, will
    >> create corrosion.
    >> Don`t forget sheds get damp, especially in winter.

    > Isn't it always winter in the UK?

    You're thinking Canada. ;)
    Senti, Jan 4, 2007
  15. Pancho

    parko Guest

    On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 21:59:50 +0000, clot wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> beenthere wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Pancho" <> wrote in message
    >>> What FR says in his response is true.
    >>> The heat exchanger behind/under the unit, creates heat.
    >>> This, when it cools, draws moisture, which, in time, will
    >>> create corrosion.
    >>> Don`t forget sheds get damp, especially in winter.

    >> Isn't it always winter in the UK?

    > :)
    >
    > On Christmas Day 'twas hotter in parts than in parts of Oz - their
    > summer!

    Yeah, It snowed in them thar mountains--between the bushfires!
    http://www.theage.com.au/news/natio...-cold-snap-hits/2006/12/25/1166895241344.html

    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345
    parko, Jan 4, 2007
  16. Senti wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> beenthere wrote:
    >>> "Pancho" <> wrote in message
    >>> What FR says in his response is true. The heat exchanger
    >>> behind/under the unit, creates heat. This, when it cools, draws
    >>> moisture, which, in time, will create corrosion. Don`t forget sheds
    >>> get damp, especially in winter.

    >> Isn't it always winter in the UK?

    > You're thinking Canada. ;)

    A Canadian friend sent me (a USan) an image of a simple map of Canada
    and the US. The legend was, "We're bigger and we're on top. It's a good
    thing for you this isn't prison." :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 4, 2007
  17. Pancho

    clot Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > clot wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> Isn't it always winter in the UK?

    >> :)
    >>
    >> On Christmas Day 'twas hotter in parts than in parts of Oz - their
    >> summer!

    > Damn. If that didn't melt your igloos, I'll bet it at least softened
    > 'em up some. :)

    Loved it! Keep 'em coming! :)
    clot, Jan 4, 2007
  18. Pancho

    Frosty Guest

    On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 18:55:25 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk "Pancho"
    <>, cocked his hammer and shot:
    >I am thinking of installing a fridge/freezer in my garden shed as extra
    >storage space, does anybody know if I would be likely to run into problems,
    >as I was worried about the very low temperatures that could occur at times.
    >Would a standard unit operate at such temperatures? I am in UK.
    >Thanks for any replies.

    Just put your food out there in the low temps and take it in when it's
    not so low.
    Frosty, Jan 5, 2007
  19. Pancho

    Top Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >Senti wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Isn't it always winter in the UK?

    >> You're thinking Canada. ;)

    > A Canadian friend sent me (a USan) an image of a simple map
    > of Canada and the US. The legend was, "We're bigger and
    > we're on top. It's a good thing for you this isn't prison."
    > :)

    Was his name Bubba?

    Top

    --
    “I am a success today because I had a friend who believed in me
    and I didn't have the heart to let him down...”
    Top, Jan 5, 2007
  20. Pancho

    Pancho Guest

    "Frosty" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 18:55:25 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk "Pancho"
    > <>, cocked his hammer and shot:
    >>I am thinking of installing a fridge/freezer in my garden shed as extra
    >>storage space, does anybody know if I would be likely to run into
    >>problems,
    >>as I was worried about the very low temperatures that could occur at
    >>times.
    >>Would a standard unit operate at such temperatures? I am in UK.
    >>Thanks for any replies.
    >>

    > Just put your food out there in the low temps and take it in when it's
    > not so low.

    Who mentioned food?
    Pancho, Jan 5, 2007