Friday Fun

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Jose Saamuel, Apr 30, 2004.

  1. Jose Saamuel

    Jose Saamuel Guest

    Jose Saamuel, Apr 30, 2004

  2. Jose Saamuel

    LnkWizard Guest

    "Jose Saamuel" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > http://tinyurl.com/33kwb

    Jose, please post full length url as our lead sys admin has now filtered
    all web hosting sites like "tiny url" on our network. Since he controls
    the filter software we lower level admins can't get past it. Many thanks
    ---
    LnkWizard MCNGP 2^5

    ---
    LnkWizard, Apr 30, 2004

  3. LnkWizard wrote:
    > "Jose Saamuel" <> wrote in message
    >> http://tinyurl.com/33kwb
    >>

    > Jose, please post full length url as our lead sys admin has now
    > filtered all web hosting sites like "tiny url" on our network. Since
    > he controls the filter software we lower level admins can't get past
    > it. Many thanks

    For good reason, too. I wouldn't click a shortened url from someone I don't
    know. No idea if it's SFW or just plain safe or not.

    --
    Fris "no glove no love" bee®

    Certaholics
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Apr 30, 2004
  4. Jose Saamuel

    LnkWizard Guest

    That's sounds like another good reason for putting the full
    length url, even if it wraps.

    ---
    LnkWizard MCNGP 2^5

    ---

    LnkWizard, Apr 30, 2004
  5. Jose Saamuel

    JaR Guest

    On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 07:42:44 -0500, LnkWizard declaimed:

    > "Jose Saamuel" <> wrote in message
    >> http://tinyurl.com/33kwb
    >>

    > Jose, please post full length url as our lead sys admin has now filtered
    > all web hosting sites like "tiny url" on our network. Since he controls
    > the filter software we lower level admins can't get past it. Many thanks

    Mine has .tar & .gz filtered. I asked why, and was told "because they are
    viruses"

    ..exe .pif .scr however, come thru just fine.

    *sigh*

    And he makes about 3 times what I do.

    JaR
    Underpaid Thug
    JaR, Apr 30, 2004
  6. JaR wrote:
    > On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 07:42:44 -0500, LnkWizard declaimed:
    >

    >> "Jose Saamuel" <> wrote in message
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/33kwb
    >>>

    >> Jose, please post full length url as our lead sys admin has now
    >> filtered all web hosting sites like "tiny url" on our network.
    >> Since he controls the filter software we lower level admins can't
    >> get past it. Many thanks

    > Mine has .tar & .gz filtered. I asked why, and was told "because they
    > are viruses"

    That's just silly. He should have .tar and .nicotine filtered.

    --
    Fris "2 cigarettes left..." bee®

    Certaholics
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Apr 30, 2004
  7. Jose Saamuel

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > --
    > Fris "2 cigarettes left..." bee®

    Fris "until 3:00" bee®

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Apr 30, 2004
  8. Jose Saamuel

    Kat Guest

    > Mine has .tar & .gz filtered. I asked why, and was told "because they are
    > viruses"
    >
    > .exe .pif .scr however, come thru just fine.
    >
    > *sigh*

    Our virus scanner filters everything from zips to mdb's (really).

    yet our "regular" mail filter just let through an very "smelly"
    envelope- looks like it was drenched in oil, and stinks like wet dog- at
    a center for disease control, you'd think they would be suspicious of
    soemthing like that :p

    I have to go for a breather, stench is killing me...

    --
    Kat - MCNGP #29
    Kat, Apr 30, 2004
  9. Jose Saamuel

    Neil Guest

    Kat <> wrote in news:40929888$:

    > yet our "regular" mail filter just let through an very "smelly"
    > envelope- looks like it was drenched in oil, and stinks like wet dog

    hey that might be from me...(I sent you my laundry)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, Apr 30, 2004