    island are to have all the Freeview channels shifted down to around 30,
    I think that my C67 goes down to 34, these are the RF channels.

    It was stated to be on Monday but did not state which Monday.

    Possible, May 9, 2011

  2. Possible

    David Empson Guest

    Possible <> wrote:

    > I don't know about up north but the lower north island and the south
    > island are to have all the Freeview channels shifted down to around 30,

    Not an issue for anyone who has a Freeview approved receiver, as they
    should adjust automatically. Non-approved receivers may need to be
    retuned (twice, apparently).

    > I think that my C67 goes down to 34, these are the RF channels.

    If your receiver only goes down to RF channel 34 then it isn't going to
    be able to receive some channels, since they will be as low as 32 in
    some areas. Auckland is already using channels as low as 28.

    <http://www.freeviewnz.tv/setup_support/questions_answers/category/recep
    tion>

    See the question "What are the channel frequencies used on the
    Freeview|HD® service ?".

    (These are the existing channels, not the new ones.)

    > It was stated to be on Monday but did not state which Monday.

    Stated where? You aren't very good at providing references, Roger.

    Here is the government's page on the subject.

    <http://www.rsm.govt.nz/cms/policy-and-planning/current-projects/digital
    -terrestrial-television-frequency-restacking>

    See the "Timing and channel information" linked page for regional
    details.

    Auckland will not be changing, but everywhere else in the country will.

    The change starts with Waikato and Kapiti in May, but the specific dates
    haven't been announced (or the page hasn't been updated to include that
    information). Wellington is to follow in June, other areas later.

    --
    David Empson

    David Empson, May 9, 2011

  3. Possible

    Possible Guest

    On Mon, 9 May 2011 19:35:36 +1200, (David Empson)
    wrote:

    >Possible <> wrote:
    >
    >> I don't know about up north but the lower north island and the south
    >> island are to have all the Freeview channels shifted down to around 30,

    >Not an issue for anyone who has a Freeview approved receiver, as they
    >should adjust automatically. Non-approved receivers may need to be
    >retuned (twice, apparently).
    >
    >> I think that my C67 goes down to 34, these are the RF channels.

    Sorry it was Kapiti Ngarara May 2011 TV33 TV35 TV37 from
    TV53 TV45 TV57

    That web site you can save it as a PDF for all the 7 listed sites,
    Thanks for that.

    http://www.rsm.govt.nz/cms/policy-and-planning/current-projects/digital
    -terrestrial-television-frequency-restacking

    >If your receiver only goes down to RF channel 34 then it isn't going to
    >be able to receive some channels, since they will be as low as 32 in
    >some areas. Auckland is already using channels as low as 28.
    >
    ><http://www.freeviewnz.tv/setup_support/questions_answers/category/recep
    >tion>
    >
    >See the question "What are the channel frequencies used on the
    >Freeview|HD® service ?".
    >
    >(These are the existing channels, not the new ones.)
    >
    >> It was stated to be on Monday but did not state which Monday.

    >Stated where? You aren't very good at providing references, Roger.

    Just a comments my old TV boss stated to me today, some thing he got in
    the mail or some thing like that.

    >Here is the government's page on the subject.
    >
    ><http://www.rsm.govt.nz/cms/policy-and-planning/current-projects/digital
    >-terrestrial-television-frequency-restacking>
    >
    >See the "Timing and channel information" linked page for regional
    >details.
    >
    >Auckland will not be changing, but everywhere else in the country will.
    >
    >The change starts with Waikato and Kapiti in May, but the specific dates
    >haven't been announced (or the page hasn't been updated to include that
    >information). Wellington is to follow in June, other areas later.

    Been lots of problems around here Harvey Norman sated that they had 100
    of calls because Telstra Clear tuned off there Analog Cable feeds.

    Even my old Boss had a problem installed a new LCD TV on Friday only to
    find that the customer only had a Cable feed.

    Possible, May 9, 2011
  4. Possible

    Boots Guest

    On Mon, 09 May 2011 20:18:00 +1200, Possible wrote:

    > Been lots of problems around here Harvey Norman sated that they had 100
    > of calls because Telstra Clear tuned off there Analog Cable feeds.

    Sorry, what was it that you said?

    Boots, May 9, 2011
  5. Possible

    David Empson Guest

    Re: TelstraClear switching off analog TV over cable

    Possible <> wrote:

    > Been lots of problems around here Harvey Norman sated that they had 100
    > of calls because Telstra Clear tuned off there Analog Cable feeds.
    >
    > Even my old Boss had a problem installed a new LCD TV on Friday only to
    > find that the customer only had a Cable feed.

    I was wondering when TelstraClear would finally pull the plug on analog
    TV via their cable. They had been aggressively upgrading customers on
    analog to digital, so if they turned it off that either means:

    (a) The very expensive piece of equipment that was required to do the
    analog TV transmission over cable just developed a fault; or

    (b) All of TelstraClear's paying analog TV customers (at least on some
    cable segments or in one region) have been converted to digital, so
    TelstraClear switched off the analog TV service on that segment or in
    that area.

    If (b), those complaining will have been getting the free to air
    channels from the cable without paying for cable TV service.

    Elimination of analog TV over the cable will make room for more digital
    TV channels, or HD digital TV channels, or more cable modem customers,
    or improved cable modem speeds.

    Sounds good to me.

    --
    David Empson

    David Empson, May 9, 2011
  6. Re: TelstraClear switching off analog TV over cable

    (David Empson) writes:

    >Elimination of analog TV over the cable will make room for more digital
    >TV channels, or HD digital TV channels, or more cable modem customers,
    >or improved cable modem speeds.

    Elimination of analog TV over the cable will make room for

    [X] more digital TV channels,
    [ ] HD digital TV channels,
    [X] more cable modem customers,
    [ ] improved cable modem speeds.

    >Sounds good to me.

    You're a Telstra stockholder then?

    Peter.

    Peter Gutmann, May 9, 2011
  7. Possible

    Possible Guest

    Re: TelstraClear switching off analog TV over cable

    On 9 May 2011 15:15:33 GMT, (Peter Gutmann)
    wrote:

    > (David Empson) writes:
    >
    >>Elimination of analog TV over the cable will make room for more digital
    >>TV channels, or HD digital TV channels, or more cable modem customers,
    >>or improved cable modem speeds.

    >Elimination of analog TV over the cable will make room for
    >
    >[X] more digital TV channels,
    >[ ] HD digital TV channels,
    >[X] more cable modem customers,
    >[ ] improved cable modem speeds.
    >
    >>Sounds good to me.

    >You're a Telstra stockholder then?
    >
    >Peter.

    All Crap Telstra stoped updating there cable network.

    Plus there are only a Few HD channels from what I have been told, these
    are Ported Sky ones.

    Possible, May 10, 2011