    able to connect to an external hot spot, making that
    computer a server running ICS?

    --David
    David Ellis, Dec 14, 2005

  2. David Ellis

    Malke Guest

    David Ellis wrote:

    > 1) Can one make a two-computer LAN with two Linksys wireless
    > adapters, say a WUSB54G (desktop) and a WPC54G (notebook)
    > without using an access point?
    >
    > 2) If above can be done, would one of the adapters also be
    > able to connect to an external hot spot, making that
    > computer a server running ICS?
    >
    > --David

    For question 1:

    Making the Wireless Home Network Connection in Windows XP Without a
    Router - MVP Barb Bowman
    http://tinyurl.com/2zkon

    For question 2: sorry, but I don't know.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    Malke, Dec 14, 2005

  3. David Ellis

    Frankster Guest

    > 1) Can one make a two-computer LAN with two Linksys wireless adapters, say
    > a WUSB54G (desktop) and a WPC54G (notebook) without using an access point?

    Yes.

    > 2) If above can be done, would one of the adapters also be able to connect
    > to an external hot spot, making that computer a server running ICS?

    No. You cannot connect to two networks (internal net and external hotspot
    net) at the same time with one adapter.

    -Frank
    Frankster, Dec 14, 2005