    trendmicro free online scan and didnt find any viruses. My g15 keyboard
    shows my cpu is 50% and the ram is 23 %. What did I forget ? or do I need
    a 64 bit windows ? thanks

    DJ, Mar 30, 2008

  2. DJ

    old man Guest

    Look in hardware devices for any problems

    old man, Mar 30, 2008

  3. DJ wrote:

    > Hello, I am stuck. I just bought a used xp3800 dual core, an Asus A8N32
    > -
    > sli mobo, an EVGA 7800 gt sli videocard. 2 gigs of ddr 400 running in
    > dual core. I have 2 western digital 120 gig sata hard drives running in a
    > raid 0
    > setup. Heres my problem I just did a fresh format and install winxp pro
    > 32
    > bit edition. I didnt have a cd with the mobo so I went to Nvidia and
    > downloaded the chipset and videocard drivers. I also downloaded and
    > installed the AMD cpu driver. I then went to Asus and installed all the
    > devices. Whenever I try to run Battlefield 2 the system runs really slow,
    > the game is so choppy its unplayable. Did I forget to install a driver or
    > something ? I have avg free antivirus running, I did a check with
    > trendmicro free online scan and didnt find any viruses. My g15 keyboard
    > shows my cpu is 50% and the ram is 23 %. What did I forget ? or do I
    > need
    > a 64 bit windows ? thanks

    Do you have two cpu diagrams when viewing the "performance" in taskmanager?
    If the game uses 50% total cpu time, it probably uses one core only.
    But then, one core of a 3800x2 gives just 1.8 GHz ... a single core
    athlonxp3000 may beat that performance if only one core is used.
    Yes, I didn't count memory and cache performance and other enhancements
    here. Point is, a 6000x2 is not expensive either.

    wisdomkiller & pain, Mar 30, 2008
  4. "old man" <> wrote in message
    > Look in hardware devices for any problems

    Agreed. Look in device manager, make sure there aren't any yellow
    question marks.

    Also try getting rid of the RAID 0 setup and see if it helps.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Apr 8, 2008