    I would like to start my MCSA. Where and how should I start? Any suggestion.

    regards,
    ALI

    Nightmare, Feb 4, 2007

  2. You start by performing RESEARCH. Have you visited the Microsoft
    Learning Site? The MCSA certification site? What track do you wish to
    pursue -- 2000 or 2003? All these links can be found on my blog (link
    below). Research your question on the sites I suggested and then
    determine the best course of action for yourself. If you would like us
    to review your action steps and make suggestions, we would not mind.
    However your question is a little vague and the answers can be very
    broad. Review the sites I listed on my blog and get back with us.

    Good Luck!

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Feb 4, 2007

  3. Nightmare

    Nightmare Guest

    Thanks Jonathan,
    but don't you think that 70-620 will replace 70-270 soon?

    Nightmare, Feb 5, 2007
  4. Nightmare

    Nightmare Guest

    Thanks Michael for the help.
    My original plan is to start with 2003 path by taking some courses and
    reading some books. But now I think that Windows Vista 70-620 will replace
    Windows XP 70-270 very soon. So, may be I should start with Windows server
    2003 until the new materials for Windows Vista getting published.

    your advice please:)

    Nightmare, Feb 5, 2007
  5. Windows XP, nor the 70-270 exam, is not going anywhere. Many business
    have openly voiced no immediate plans to roll out Vista in the near
    future. Microsoft will continue to support Windows XP for awhile. Taking
    the 70-270 exam will not be a waste of your time or resources. After
    achieving your MCSA, you can test out on Vista. I will tell you this:
    You will run into issues with your MCSA by not knowing how Windows XP
    operates in a Windows 2003 network.

    In viewing the "Skills being Measured" from the Microsoft Learning
    website (visit my blog to easily locate the objectives) you will not see
    Windows Vista anywhere on the objectives. The Vista exams are being
    reevaluated (delayed) yet again. I totally appreciate how Microsoft
    wants to "get it right." Let them take their time in producing a well
    thought exam with the correct about of difficulty and content. In the
    meantime, people and business will still continue to run Windows XP.
    Remember this: Windows Vista's biggest competitor is not Apple, not any
    flavor of mainstream Linux or UNIX; it is Windows XP.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Feb 5, 2007
  6. Nightmare

    Maincat Guest

    "Nightmare" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks Michael for the help.
    > My original plan is to start with 2003 path by taking some courses and
    > reading some books. But now I think that Windows Vista 70-620 will replace
    > Windows XP 70-270 very soon. So, may be I should start with Windows server
    > 2003 until the new materials for Windows Vista getting published.

    I think Windows XP will be supported until 2011. Do 70-270. But do visit
    the Microsoft Learning site for more information.

    --
    Steve
    CompTIA A+, Network+, MCP

    Maincat, Feb 5, 2007
  7. Nightmare

    catwalker63 Guest

    Nightmare prattled ceaselessly:

    > Thanks Jonathan,
    > but don't you think that 70-620 will replace 70-270 soon?

    No. Businesses are even still using Windows 2000 on many desktops. The
    only people who should be using Vista right now are developers and
    testers. Until an MS operating system reaches the first service pack
    and has been in a test environment long enough to resolve issues, it
    should not be deployed on the average desktop. You're looking at least
    a year before it's ready for that. XP is not going anywhere for a long
    while and you will need to know how to support it.

    All that said, the first thing you need to do is get some experience.
    Do you have experience with the MS products you plan to certify on?
    --

    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    catwalker63, Feb 5, 2007
  8. Nightmare

    Nightmare Guest

    Thanks catwalker63.
    I am already working on Windows XP and Windows 2003 server at my work.
    I shall start studying for 70-270 exam:).

    Nightmare, Feb 6, 2007
  9. Nightmare

    Nightmare Guest

    Thanks Jonathan,
    I will start my learning:).

    Nightmare, Feb 6, 2007
  10. Nightmare

    Nightmare Guest

    Thanks Maincat. I will do so.

    Nightmare, Feb 6, 2007
  11. Nightmare

    Nightmare Guest

    Thanks Michael.
    I will start my learning and preparation for 70-270 exam.

    Nightmare, Feb 6, 2007
  12. Nightmare

    Manuel Moore Guest

    On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 14:37:03 -0600, catwalker63
    <> wrote:

    >Nightmare prattled ceaselessly:
    >
    >> Thanks Jonathan,
    >> but don't you think that 70-620 will replace 70-270 soon?
    >>

    >No. Businesses are even still using Windows 2000 on many desktops. The
    >only people who should be using Vista right now are developers and
    >testers. Until an MS operating system reaches the first service pack
    >and has been in a test environment long enough to resolve issues, it
    >should not be deployed on the average desktop. You're looking at least
    >a year before it's ready for that. XP is not going anywhere for a long
    >while and you will need to know how to support it.
    >
    >All that said, the first thing you need to do is get some experience.
    >Do you have experience with the MS products you plan to certify on?

    It is like catwalker63 said:
    We have one major company down here that is just now slowly preparing
    to migrate to Windows XP. They're waiting that long because now they
    can be sure that there are no bugs left in the system.
    And with Microsoft stating that support for Windows XP will continue
    till 2014 I wouldn't worry that 70-270 is going to be replaced in the
    next years

    Manuel

    Manuel Moore, Feb 10, 2007