    just used all the Microsoft versions of my hardware except for the video
    which is dual Nvidia's get force 8800 gtx's
    Opinions please.
    David B. Mathews, Dec 16, 2008

  2. David B. Mathews

    Carlos Guest

    David,
    It is advisable not to use Microsoft "vanilla" hardware drivers.
    They will surely get installed first during the initial setup but, later on,
    there is no harm in updating each piece of hardware with the original
    manufacturer driver.
    Graphic cards are one excellent example.
    In the case of closed boxes like yours (i.e.: not manually assembled at
    home) it is recommended to use the drivers available in the PC manufacturer's
    site (Dell, HP, etc.).
    Only if you know what you are doing you can drill deeper and use hardware
    drivers for specific chipsets (southbridge, network, raid, etc.) downloaded
    from their original manufacturers (e.g.: realtek for network/audio, jmicron
    for hd controllers, etc.).
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 16, 2008