Fresh images from my latest sailing expedition to Antarctica

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by T.Heslenfeld, Dec 22, 2008.

  1. T.Heslenfeld

    T.Heslenfeld Guest

    T.Heslenfeld, Dec 22, 2008

  2. T.Heslenfeld

    aquadiver Guest

    On Dec 22, 10:44 am, "T.Heslenfeld" <> wrote:
    > It's becoming kind of an addiction, I sailed to Antarctica again on
    > board the barque Europa.....posted some images in gallery Antarctica
    > 2008:http://www.thijsheslenfeld.com/frame.php?itemId=136999
    >
    > Enjoy them if you like!
    >
    > T. Heslenfeldwww.thijsheslenfeld.com

    Those are some excellent images, T. I'm envious!

    gc
    aquadiver, Dec 22, 2008

  3. T.Heslenfeld

    SteveG Guest

    SteveG, Dec 22, 2008
  4. T.Heslenfeld

    Mark Thomas Guest

    John Navas wrote:
    > On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 16:01:49 -0600, Jeffers P <>
    > wrote in <>:

    >>> Some stunning images Thijs :)

    >> We obviously have a different definition of "stunning" or you must not get out
    >> much, or at all. Tourist snapshots is all I see. Okay fodder for a personal
    >> scrapbook of memories but not anything worth buying, in any form. It's difficult
    >> to imagine anyone going to that much expense and effort to come back with only
    >> that.
    >>
    >> Keep trying I guess. Maybe you'll get 1 or 2 each year, if you keep shooting
    >> enough.

    > Ah, yes, mindless bashing, r.p.d at its best.

    Sigh. "Jeffers P" was of course, the Keoeeit/anti-dslr-troll again.
    *His* standard of images can be found here (and this is NO joke):
    http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/attachment.php?id=96685
    http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/attachment.php?id=96597
    http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/attachment.php?id=97424
    http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/attachment.php?id=99180
    http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/attachment.php?id=100233

    Personally, I prefer Thijs' work, but that's just me...
    Mark Thomas, Dec 22, 2008
  5. T.Heslenfeld

    SteveG Guest

    Jeffers P wrote:
    > On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 20:25:30 GMT, SteveG <_@_._> wrote:
    >
    >> T.Heslenfeld wrote:
    >>> It's becoming kind of an addiction, I sailed to Antarctica again on
    >>> board the barque Europa.....posted some images in gallery Antarctica
    >>> 2008:http://www.thijsheslenfeld.com/frame.php?itemId=136999
    >>>
    >>> Enjoy them if you like!
    >>>

    >>> T. Heslenfeld
    >>> www.thijsheslenfeld.com
    >>>

    >> Some stunning images Thijs :)

    > We obviously have a different definition of "stunning" or you must not get out
    > much, or at all. Tourist snapshots is all I see. Okay fodder for a personal
    > scrapbook of memories but not anything worth buying, in any form. It's difficult
    > to imagine anyone going to that much expense and effort to come back with only
    > that.
    >
    > Keep trying I guess. Maybe you'll get 1 or 2 each year, if you keep shooting
    > enough.

    It's a subjective word .. leaving each to form his/her own
    interpretation .. and doesn't require travel experience to formulate a
    view. I don't see you offering to let us critique your work .. or have I
    missed something?

    Thijs didn't ask if we thought they were commercially viable he simply
    offered them up to be looked at. There's an old saying that goes
    something like "if you can't say nothing nice it's better to say nothing
    at all". In your case that should keep you quite for some considerable
    time, except that the irony will be lost on you and you'll feel
    compelled to respond aggressively (again).

    Have a nice life .... it doesn't need to involve abusing others :)

    --
    Regards

    Steve G
    SteveG, Dec 22, 2008
  6. T.Heslenfeld

    SteveG Guest

    Mark Thomas wrote:

    > Sigh. "Jeffers P" was of course, the Keoeeit/anti-dslr-troll again.
    > *His* standard of images can be found here (and this is NO joke):
    > http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/attachment.php?id=96685
    > http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/attachment.php?id=96597
    > http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/attachment.php?id=97424
    > http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/attachment.php?id=99180
    > http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/attachment.php?id=100233
    >
    > Personally, I prefer Thijs' work, but that's just me...

    You are joking right? Please tell me this isn't the same person that
    just berated me for using the word "stunning" and criticised Thijs for
    taking holiday snaps .... unbelievable!

    --
    Regards

    Steve G
    SteveG, Dec 22, 2008
  7. T.Heslenfeld

    Paul Furman Guest

    Jeffers P <vern> wrote:
    > SteveG wrote:
    >> T.Heslenfeld wrote:

    >>> It's becoming kind of an addiction, I sailed to Antarctica again on
    >>> board the barque Europa.....posted some images in gallery Antarctica
    >>> 2008:http://www.thijsheslenfeld.com/frame.php?itemId=136999
    >>>
    >>> Enjoy them if you like!
    >>>

    >> Some stunning images Thijs :)

    > We obviously have a different definition of "stunning" or you must not get out
    > much, or at all. Tourist snapshots is all I see. Okay fodder for a personal
    > scrapbook of memories but not anything worth buying, in any form. It's difficult
    > to imagine anyone going to that much expense and effort to come back with only
    > that.
    >
    > Keep trying I guess. Maybe you'll get 1 or 2 each year, if you keep shooting
    > enough.

    I agree this particular Antarctic trip doesn't have much in the way of
    keepers. Look in the menu above for the earlier series. Some of those
    portraits are stunning too!

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, Dec 22, 2008
  8. T.Heslenfeld

    Mark Thomas Guest

    OT Re: Fresh images from my latest sailing expedition to Antarctica

    SteveG wrote:
    > Mark Thomas wrote:
    >

    >> Sigh. "Jeffers P" was of course, the Keoeeit/anti-dslr-troll again.
    >> *His* standard of images can be found here (and this is NO joke):
    >> http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/attachment.php?id=96685
    >> http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/attachment.php?id=96597
    >> http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/attachment.php?id=97424
    >> http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/attachment.php?id=99180
    >> http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/attachment.php?id=100233
    >>
    >> Personally, I prefer Thijs' work, but that's just me...

    > You are joking right? Please tell me this isn't the same person that
    > just berated me for using the word "stunning" and criticised Thijs for
    > taking holiday snaps .... unbelievable!

    No, I am not kidding. The anti-dslr-troll has been traced back (it is
    very easy to do) to a poster called 'Keoeeit' on Steve's Forums. He was
    banned there, but left those images for us all to enjoy...

    He can also be found as Keoeeit at many other interesting locations
    (same attitude everywhere, often banned), including at DPReview where he
    also posts as "Dave Ingols".
    Mark Thomas, Dec 22, 2008
  9. T.Heslenfeld

    SteveG Guest

    Jessie Thomlin wrote:

    > Ah, you missed this spamming troll's last photo on that page where it is selling
    > its book of tourist's snapshot images?

    SG: Uh, no I didn't ... I saw it :)

    > You are indeed as brain-dead as you have always proved yourself to be.

    I may be brain dead but if the alternative is to be like you then all
    hail to the deceased grey matter ;-)

    --
    Regards

    Steve G