    It would be very helpful if you guys can give some suggestion to resolve the
    issue as I am pretty much at dead end on my troubleshooting.

    Regards
    =?Utf-8?B?aHVtYW5z?=, Jan 26, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?aHVtYW5z?=

    __spc__ Guest

    "humans" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a Intel (R) Pro/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection installed in my
    > laptop. It was working fine till last week when I did the mistake of
    > installing Windows update. It installed some 20 updates and after the
    > restart
    > the wireless connection is not stable. After every few minutes it
    > dissconnect
    > and search and connects back.
    >
    > This is very annoying but I tried so many things to no avail. I tried
    > disabling 802 authentication, configured the router for no encryption open
    > connection, tried all possible encryption and shared keys combinations,
    > reinstalled wireless card driver, restarting "Wireless Zero
    > Configuration"
    > service but end result is same the problem persists.
    >
    > Than I even run the XP setup again to revert back the changes done by
    > hotfixes but the problem remains. In the end also tried disabling
    > "Wireless
    > Zero Configuration" and installing Intel wireless card program to make the
    > connection but even with the Intel program the connection is unstable.
    >
    > It would be very helpful if you guys can give some suggestion to resolve
    > the
    > issue as I am pretty much at dead end on my troubleshooting.
    >
    > Regards

    There is a WIndows XP hotfix for WPA, which might do the trick.

    Alternatively, you could try a Google for winsockxpix.exe to repair your
    tcp/ip stack.

    It might also just be coincidental with a source of interference in your
    neighbourhood - try changing WiFi broadcast channel... 1 to 6, or 6 to 11
    i.e. non-overlapping channels
    :http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/image/wlan_channels.gif)
    __spc__, Jan 28, 2006

  3. Thanks for suggestions. I resolved the problem by resetting the router to
    factory defaults. Just for info hotfix for WPA was installed and also tried
    all the frequencies
    before resetting it to default and TCP was not at fault as wired connection
    was working fine.

    Regards

    =?Utf-8?B?aHVtYW5z?=, Jan 28, 2006