    husband is involved in on-line poker tournaments and a disconnect is
    DEVASTATING for him. I am using the only dial-up number available without
    incurring long distance charges.
    sarah newland, Jan 27, 2004

  2. In article <jRARb.122145$6y6.2412832@bgtnsc05-
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, says...
    > I have spent a considerable amount of time going through all the automated
    > menus on the telephone trying to find a category to report the disconnects.
    > This has been so frustrating because none of the categories fit!!! Took me a
    > while to figure out why I kept getting an error message when trying to
    > access the newsgroups.Now that I have that fixed, I'm here to ask what can
    > be done to stop this problem. I have been on unlimited time for two years
    > with no problem until recently, now we get a DISCONNECT at least twice a
    > day!!! THERE ARE NO WEATHER -RELATED PROBLEMS HERE IN THE NORTHWEST!!! My
    > husband is involved in on-line poker tournaments and a disconnect is
    > DEVASTATING for him. I am using the only dial-up number available without
    > incurring long distance charges.

    This isn't a WorldNet/ATT support desk. Your request for help may go
    un-noticed.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 27, 2004

  3. sarah newland

    SgtMinor Guest

    Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    > In article <jRARb.122145$6y6.2412832@bgtnsc05-
    > news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, says...
    > > I have spent a considerable amount of time going through all the automated
    > > menus on the telephone trying to find a category to report the disconnects.
    > > This has been so frustrating because none of the categories fit!!! Took me a
    > > while to figure out why I kept getting an error message when trying to
    > > access the newsgroups.Now that I have that fixed, I'm here to ask what can
    > > be done to stop this problem. I have been on unlimited time for two years
    > > with no problem until recently, now we get a DISCONNECT at least twice a
    > > day!!! THERE ARE NO WEATHER -RELATED PROBLEMS HERE IN THE NORTHWEST!!! My
    > > husband is involved in on-line poker tournaments and a disconnect is
    > > DEVASTATING for him. I am using the only dial-up number available without
    > > incurring long distance charges.

    > This isn't a WorldNet/ATT support desk. Your request for help may go
    > un-noticed.

    In such a case, consider the "Posted & Mailed" approach.
    SgtMinor, Jan 27, 2004
  4. sarah newland

    trout Guest

    sarah newland wrote:

    > I have spent a considerable amount of time going through all the
    > automated menus on the telephone trying to find a category to report
    > the disconnects. This has been so frustrating because none of the
    > categories fit!!! Took me a while to figure out why I kept getting an
    > error message when trying to access the newsgroups.Now that I have
    > that fixed, I'm here to ask what can be done to stop this problem. I
    > have been on unlimited time for two years with no problem until
    > recently, now we get a DISCONNECT at least twice a day!!! THERE ARE
    > NO WEATHER -RELATED PROBLEMS HERE IN THE NORTHWEST!!! My husband is
    > involved in on-line poker tournaments and a disconnect is DEVASTATING
    > for him. I am using the only dial-up number available without
    > incurring long distance charges.

    I suggest you try one of the AT&T Worldnet Help Newsgroups listed
    here:
    http://help.att.net/care/index/newsgroups_list.html?platform=none
    --
    "Good luck."
    trout, Jan 27, 2004
  5. In article <>,
    lid says...
    > Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    > >
    > > In article <jRARb.122145$6y6.2412832@bgtnsc05-
    > > news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, says...
    > > > I have spent a considerable amount of time going through all the automated
    > > > menus on the telephone trying to find a category to report the disconnects.
    > > > This has been so frustrating because none of the categories fit!!! Took me a
    > > > while to figure out why I kept getting an error message when trying to
    > > > access the newsgroups.Now that I have that fixed, I'm here to ask what can
    > > > be done to stop this problem. I have been on unlimited time for two years
    > > > with no problem until recently, now we get a DISCONNECT at least twice a
    > > > day!!! THERE ARE NO WEATHER -RELATED PROBLEMS HERE IN THE NORTHWEST!!! My
    > > > husband is involved in on-line poker tournaments and a disconnect is
    > > > DEVASTATING for him. I am using the only dial-up number available without
    > > > incurring long distance charges.

    > > This isn't a WorldNet/ATT support desk. Your request for help may go
    > > un-noticed.

    > In such a case, consider the "Posted & Mailed" approach.

    This is UseNet - ask here, get your answer here. As the OP figured out
    how to post here she should be able to find her way back.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 27, 2004
  6. sarah newland

    SgtMinor Guest

    Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > lid says...
    > > Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    > > >
    > > > In article <jRARb.122145$6y6.2412832@bgtnsc05-
    > > > news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, says...
    > > >
    > > > This isn't a WorldNet/ATT support desk. Your request for help may go
    > > > un-noticed.

    > > In such a case, consider the "Posted & Mailed" approach.

    > This is UseNet - ask here, get your answer here. As the OP figured out
    > how to post here she should be able to find her way back.

    I know what "this" is. What you seem to miss is that many people 'post'
    when they are trying to send an email. And "ask here, get your answer
    here" applies only to those who consciously post to a group and request
    an email response.

    SgtMinor, Jan 27, 2004
  7. In article <>,
    lid says...
    > Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    > >
    > > In article <>,
    > > lid says...

    > > > In such a case, consider the "Posted & Mailed" approach.

    > > This is UseNet - ask here, get your answer here. As the OP figured out
    > > how to post here she should be able to find her way back.

    > I know what "this" is. What you seem to miss is that many people 'post'
    > when they are trying to send an email. And "ask here, get your answer
    > here" applies only to those who consciously post to a group and request
    > an email response.

    Would the OP not have figured out the she wasn't sending an email
    address when she didn't enter one? If people can't be arsed to figure
    out the basics should we be arsed to help?

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 28, 2004