    eventually catches up - takes about 30 seconds - but it's a little
    annoying. Anyone know how to stop it? Is it the refresh rate? It's a
    digital LCD monitor. Thanks!
    Smerd Yakov, May 20, 2006

  2. Smerd Yakov

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-05-20, Smerd Yakov <> wrote:
    > I added some RAM recently and have since been getting the message,
    > "Frequency out of range" when I boot up or restart. The monitor
    > eventually catches up - takes about 30 seconds - but it's a little
    > annoying. Anyone know how to stop it? Is it the refresh rate? It's a
    > digital LCD monitor. Thanks!

    What makes you think that adding RAM will have changed the settings in
    your video driver? I'd suspect that the new RAM might be faulty or badly
    installed, or might not be compatible with the original RAM, or the
    motherboard; or that you accidentally displaced or damaged something else
    inside the case while it was open.

    Start by removing the new RAM and see if things go back to normal.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, May 20, 2006

  3. Smerd Yakov

    Shep© Guest

    On Sat, 20 May 2006 13:57:38 -0400 Too Much Ying and you will Pay With
    Yang then Smerd Yakov <> sent this :

    >I added some RAM recently and have since been getting the message,
    >"Frequency out of range" when I boot up or restart. The monitor
    >eventually catches up - takes about 30 seconds - but it's a little
    >annoying. Anyone know how to stop it? Is it the refresh rate? It's a
    >digital LCD monitor. Thanks!

    You haven't stated what operating system.I'll assume XP.

    Control Panel/Display/Monitor and set the refresh rate to 75hz.

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Shep©, May 21, 2006
  4. Smerd Yakov

    Plato Guest

    Smerd Yakov wrote:

    > I added some RAM recently and have since been getting the message,
    > "Frequency out of range" when I boot up or restart. The monitor

    Means you set too high of a refresh rate.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, May 21, 2006
  5. Smerd Yakov

    Margolotta Guest

    On Sun, 21 May 2006 00:16:56 +0100, Shep© wrote
    (in article <>):

    > On Sat, 20 May 2006 13:57:38 -0400 Too Much Ying and you will Pay With
    > Yang then Smerd Yakov <> sent this :
    >
    >> I added some RAM recently and have since been getting the message,
    >> "Frequency out of range" when I boot up or restart. The monitor
    >> eventually catches up - takes about 30 seconds - but it's a little
    >> annoying. Anyone know how to stop it? Is it the refresh rate? It's a
    >> digital LCD monitor. Thanks!

    > You haven't stated what operating system.I'll assume XP.
    >
    > Control Panel/Display/Monitor and set the refresh rate to 75hz.
    >
    > HTH :)

    Why 75Hz? Not all LCDs have the same refresh - the native refresh for mine is
    60Hz. Yours might be 75, but OMMV.
    Margolotta, May 21, 2006
  6. Smerd Yakov

    Shep© Guest

    On Sun, 21 May 2006 02:46:59 +0100 Too Much Ying and you will Pay With
    Yang then Margolotta <> sent
    this :

    >On Sun, 21 May 2006 00:16:56 +0100, Shep© wrote
    >(in article <>):
    >
    >> On Sat, 20 May 2006 13:57:38 -0400 Too Much Ying and you will Pay With
    >> Yang then Smerd Yakov <> sent this :
    >>
    >>> I added some RAM recently and have since been getting the message,
    >>> "Frequency out of range" when I boot up or restart. The monitor
    >>> eventually catches up - takes about 30 seconds - but it's a little
    >>> annoying. Anyone know how to stop it? Is it the refresh rate? It's a
    >>> digital LCD monitor. Thanks!

    >> You haven't stated what operating system.I'll assume XP.
    >>
    >> Control Panel/Display/Monitor and set the refresh rate to 75hz.
    >>
    >> HTH :)
    >>

    >Why 75Hz? Not all LCDs have the same refresh - the native refresh for mine is
    >60Hz. Yours might be 75, but OMMV.

    OP gave such little information soo.....,

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Shep©, May 21, 2006