    Thanks if you can help me install the dictionary properly!
    --
    a.
    Albédo, Nov 2, 2007

  2. Albédo

    yogi22 Guest

    On Nov 2, 12:29 pm, "Albédo" <> wrote:
    > Hello.
    > Using Firefox and Thunderbird, I am having problems with the
    > French dictionary: once downloaded from Firefox (or so it
    > seems) it doesn't seem to be properly installed! This page :https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/browse/type:3
    > keeps offering me to install the dictionary, and in
    > Thunderbird > Tools > Options > Rédaction (that's the French
    > name of the menu) > Spelling, nothing appears for
    > "Languages".
    > Thanks if you can help me install the dictionary properly!
    > --
    > a.

    Unlike FF, TB does not install extensions automatically. You must
    download the extension file to your hard drive, then install it from
    the addons menu in ThunderBird.

    IOW, on the webpage, right-click the green "French/Francais" button
    and choose "Save Link as". Once the download is complete, in
    Thunderbird, go

    Tools > Addons > Extensions > Install

    You will get a "Select an extension to install" dialogue box. Browse
    to the downloaded file,
    "dictionnaire_myspell_en_fran__ais__r__forme_1990_-1.5-fx+tb+sm.xpi".
    Select it, then click "Open" and "Bob's your Uncle" or "Robert est ton
    oncle"

    Alternatively, Google "install thunderbird extension" and first hit
    will lead you to:

    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Extensions_(Thunderbird)>
    ff
    kk
    yogi22, Nov 2, 2007

  3. Albédo wrote:
    > Hello.
    > Using Firefox and Thunderbird, I am having problems with the
    > French dictionary: once downloaded from Firefox (or so it
    > seems) it doesn't seem to be properly installed! This page :
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/browse/type:3
    > keeps offering me to install the dictionary, and in
    > Thunderbird > Tools > Options > Rédaction (that's the French
    > name of the menu) > Spelling, nothing appears for
    > "Languages".
    > Thanks if you can help me install the dictionary properly!

    those are dictionaries for FF and not TB. You'll find TB
    dics here:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/browse/type:3
    and read the instructions at the top on what to do.

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Nov 2, 2007
  4. Albédo

    Albédo Guest

    Thanks, yogi22 and Peter!
    --