  1. My computer is freezing a lot lately.I have done all the usual virus scans
    etc but still freezes,Do you think it would pay me to reformat my hard
    drive.I an using win xp pro

    Geoffrey Coombes, Aug 9, 2003

  2. Geoffrey  Coombes

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Geoffrey Coombes said:

    > My computer is freezing a lot lately.I have done all the usual virus scans
    > etc but still freezes,Do you think it would pay me to reformat my hard
    > drive.I an using win xp pro

    The fact that we are having one of the hottest heatwaves for decades, you will
    probably find that your cpu's temperature is way above normal.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 9, 2003

  3. Geoffrey  Coombes

    Jimchip Guest

    On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 22:18:29 +0100, Geoffrey Coombes wrote:
    > My computer is freezing a lot lately.I have done all the usual virus scans
    > etc but still freezes,Do you think it would pay me to reformat my hard
    > drive.I an using win xp pro

    What kind of software are you running? What kind of hardware are you
    running?

    --
    "I give up, you don't want to see that there is a difference between
    being in something and being in something that is attached to, a part

    Jimchip, Aug 9, 2003
  4. Geoffrey  Coombes

    Jeremy Moss Guest

    It is worth a shot, but I have found Windows XP to be a very stable
    system. You may be having a hardware or driver problem. I would try
    downloading new and current drivers for all of your devices from the
    vendor before I did the reformat.

    Jeremy Moss, Aug 10, 2003