    Anyone with suggestions please help me.
    Regards
    Anne

    cowlingfamily, Sep 7, 2003

  2. cowlingfamily

    area 51 Guest

    "cowlingfamily" <> wrote in message
    news:bjene4$d45$...
    > Hi
    > For the past couple of days I have been unable to sustain a proper use

    of
    > IE. I can connect no problem both to IE and OE however when I am in IE

    and I
    > want to navigate using the tool bar at the top it wont work. If I want

    > click on something within the page I can but then I get a white hand

    that
    > stays like that all the time therefore not allowing access to anything

    else.
    > I have to keep using Ctrl, Alt +Del to escape. MS then asks if I want

    > send an error report and I have said yes, it informs me that there

    could be
    > fix for it by updating to the next version of IE - I click on the link

    and I
    > get the same thing - a white hand.
    > I scan for viruses every night and nothing has been picked up.
    > Anyone with suggestions please help me.
    > Regards
    > Anne

    If your anti virus is not completely up to date and you want to put your
    mind to rest, use housecall for a online check.
    It does take a bit of time if you are on dialup, so be patient.
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    area 51, Sep 7, 2003

  3. Hi
    Thanks for replying, I have automatic update that will hopefully ensure that
    i am covered!!, do you have any other suggestions?
    Cheers
    Anne

    cowlingfamily, Sep 7, 2003
  4. cowlingfamily

    area 51 Guest

    > "cowlingfamily" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > For the past couple of days I have been unable to sustain a proper

    use
    > of
    > > IE. I can connect no problem both to IE and OE however when I am in

    IE
    > and I
    > > want to navigate using the tool bar at the top it wont work. If I

    want
    > > click on something within the page I can but then I get a white hand

    > that
    > > stays like that all the time therefore not allowing access to

    anything
    > else.
    > > I have to keep using Ctrl, Alt +Del to escape. MS then asks if I

    want
    > > send an error report and I have said yes, it informs me that there

    > could be
    > > fix for it by updating to the next version of IE - I click on the

    link
    > and I
    > > get the same thing - a white hand.
    > > I scan for viruses every night and nothing has been picked up.
    > > Anyone with suggestions please help me.
    > > Regards
    > > Anne
    > >

    > If your anti virus is not completely up to date and you want to put

    your
    > mind to rest, use housecall for a online check.
    > It does take a bit of time if you are on dialup, so be patient.
    > http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    Have you a disc, could try reinstalling IE?

    area 51, Sep 7, 2003
  5. Hi
    As far as I am aware I don't have a disc - should I??

    cowlingfamily, Sep 7, 2003
  6. cowlingfamily

    > Hi
    > As far as I am aware I don't have a disc - should I??
    > "area 51" <top @secret..org> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "area 51" <top @secret..org> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "cowlingfamily" <> wrote in message

    proper
    > > use
    > > > of

    in
    > > IE
    > > > and I

    > > want

    hand
    > > > that

    > > anything
    > > > else.

    > > want

    there
    > > > could be

    the
    > > link
    > > > and I
    > > > >
    > > > If your anti virus is not completely up to date and you want to

    put
    > > your
    > > > mind to rest, use housecall for a online check.
    > > > It does take a bit of time if you are on dialup, so be patient.
    > > > http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    > > >

    > > Have you a disc, could try reinstalling IE?

    Any computer magazine will have IE6 on the cover disc in the utilities
    section

    area 51, Sep 7, 2003
  7. Thanks for your help

    cowlingfamily, Sep 7, 2003
  8. cowlingfamily

    Boomer Guest

    cowlingfamily said:

    > Hi
    > For the past couple of days I have been unable to sustain a
    > proper use of IE. I can connect no problem both to IE and OE
    > however when I am in IE and I want to navigate using the tool
    > bar at the top it wont work. If I want to click on something
    > within the page I can but then I get a white hand that stays
    > like that all the time therefore not allowing access to anything
    > else. I have to keep using Ctrl, Alt +Del to escape. MS then
    > asks if I want to send an error report and I have said yes, it
    > informs me that there could be fix for it by updating to the
    > next version of IE - I click on the link and I get the same
    > thing - a white hand. I scan for viruses every night and nothing
    > has been picked up. Anyone with suggestions please help me.
    > Regards
    > Anne

    Hi

    Have you tried to repair IE?
    Control Panel> Add-Remove Programs.
    Highlight your IE entry and click on the "Add/Remove" button.
    Choose to repair.

    If you need to update and can't you might try
    Windows Update Troubleshooter
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

    HTH

    Boomer, Sep 7, 2003
  9. cowlingfamily

    Mike0000 Guest

    Use another browser to goto the IE download site and download the IE 6
    installer. Download the .exe and run it.

    --
    Mike
    Block Banner Ads Now

    Mike0000, Sep 7, 2003