    freezes or just restarts the computer.

    if anybody can help that would be much appreciated.

    Thanks!
    Rob, Jul 22, 2008

  2. Rob

    Carlos Guest

    Rob,
    Looks like a hardware issue rather than software.
    1.- Overheating CPU when working "hard"? Check heatsink fixation and its fan.
    2.- Bad or overclocked memory module? If you have two sticks of RAM, use
    only one alternatively and see if the problem goes away. Try a lower memory
    speed also.
    3.- Power supply reaching its limit?
    And the list goes...
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 22, 2008

  3. Rob

    tim Guest

    Rob,

    I have the same problem,
    Didn't find an answer at the moment ?
    I have checked my cpu temp with the prog core temp (free donwload)
    So that isn't the problem
    Power supply reaching it's limit, can't be a problem because i have 800W
    supply
    should be more than enough.
    one thing i didn't try out yet is the memory.
    i read on other webpages it also could be a problem with the drivers.

    tim, Jul 25, 2008
  4. Even though 800W sounds O.K. - it does in reality depend on the number of
    consuming devices that you have attached. The overwhelming number of
    standard PSU's cannot deliver the full wattage on all 'lines' at once. A
    couple should be fine, but fill up the box and you may find it panting.

    If you have been wise, and took the expense and got yourself a quallity
    product (like PC Power & Cooling, Seasonic, Antec or whatever?) that is
    guarranted to deliver what you're expecting, then you should be clear, but
    do NOT blindly trust the add's without a proper measure of scepticism.

    With a power hungry PCI-E graphics card, a couple of HD's and a couple of
    CD/DVD's and the box full of fans and USB devices, you may find your system
    may well be 'panting' from a standard 800W PSU!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 26, 2008