Freezing Up and CD ROM drive not working or showing up as hardware

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sharon Russell, Aug 15, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    We are having issues with our computer and would like to get your comments
    on what you think is wrong!

    Information about our system:

    Dell OptiPlex GX110 P3 667MHZ

    128 MB main memory

    15 GB Hard Disk(6GB being used)

    3.5 1.44MB floppy disk

    Cd-Rom Drive which isn't working

    Windows 98ME Operating System

    Microsoft Office-Small Business edition

    Corel WordPerfect Suite 8

    Internet service provider is Time Warner-Road Runner

    Internet Explorer Version 6 Browser

    Using Outlook Express and Yahoo for emails.

    Things that have already been done to try to resolve problems/issues:

    Deleted cookies and temporary internet files

    Defragmentation of Hard Drive

    Virus Scan using MCAfee Anti virus software.

    66,256 files

    0 Infected

    0 cleaned

    0 quarantined

    0 deleted

    Gary Lee

    922 Division St.

    Green Bay WI. 54303

    920-490-7931(Fax and Phone)

    email addresses

    Sharon Russell, Aug 15, 2004

  2. Sharon Russell

    reid decker Guest

    As far as your CD Rom not working, if it turns, try one of those laser
    cleaners which brushes the lens clean.

    reid decker, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Sharon Russell

    Alan G Guest

    On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 10:52:41 -0400, "Sharon Russell"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >

    >We are having issues with our computer and would like to get your comments
    >on what you think is wrong!

    Download and run a utility like spybot or addaware.

    If that's clean then check the processor temperature. If you don't
    have on board monitoring then open the case and see if the fan is
    working okay.

    >Information about our system:
    >
    > Dell OptiPlex GX110 P3 667MHZ
    >
    > 128 MB main memory
    >
    > 15 GB Hard Disk(6GB being used)
    >
    > 3.5 1.44MB floppy disk
    >
    > Cd-Rom Drive which isn't working

    Check the drive cables. Make sure they are plugged in securely at both
    ends. If the system isn't seing the drive it may be stuffed. New
    drives are cheap these days

    Alan G, Aug 16, 2004
  4. Sharon Russell

    rika Guest