    find for days, then suddenly start freezing.

    Any ideas?

    Thnaks

    t8769, Oct 4, 2007

  2. t8769

    t8769 Guest

    I did put in 2G of memory, which I bought off Ebay. That's worked fine
    for 4 months, could that be the problem?

    t8769, Oct 4, 2007

  3. t8769

    John Holmes Guest

    t8769 "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I'm running Xp with LiveOneCare (and sometimes AVG).
    >
    > REcently its started freezing, it still receives the webt, but it goes
    > very very slow, then a few minutes later it'll be fine.
    >
    > I've tried everything, but nothing I do can solve this.
    >
    > I've searched for viruses with SPyware Dr, and sometimes it can be
    > find for days, then suddenly start freezing.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >

    > Thnaks

    Your PC isn't freezing, it's looking for something that can't be found.
    Clearing the MRU cache would cure this behaviour.

    John Holmes, Oct 4, 2007
  4. t8769

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 14:29:34 -0700, t8769 wrote:

    > I'm running Xp with LiveOneCare (and sometimes AVG).
    >
    > REcently its started freezing, it still receives the webt, but it goes
    > very very slow, then a few minutes later it'll be fine.
    >
    > I've tried everything, but nothing I do can solve this.
    >
    > I've searched for viruses with SPyware Dr, and sometimes it can be
    > find for days, then suddenly start freezing.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >

    > Thnaks

    When it slows down, run the task manager and see what process is using up
    your CPU time.

    Meat Plow, Oct 4, 2007
  5. t8769

    who'sthat Guest

    On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 14:45:17 -0700, t8769 <> wrote:

    >I did put in 2G of memory, which I bought off Ebay. That's worked fine
    >for 4 months, could that be the problem?

    Right click in MyComputer, Properties and see how much RAM is being
    reported

    who'sthat, Oct 4, 2007
  6. t8769

    t8769 Guest

    > Right click in MyComputer, Properties and see how much RAM is being
    > reported

    Thanks for the tips.

    It says 1.99GB Ram..

    That looks a bit strange..

    Is that ok?

    t8769, Oct 5, 2007
  7. t8769

    Guest

    On Oct 5, 4:39 am, t8769 <> wrote:
    > > Right click in MyComputer, Properties and see how much RAM is being
    > > reported

    > Thanks for the tips.
    >
    > It says 1.99GB Ram..
    >
    > That looks a bit strange..
    >
    > Is that ok?

    You cannot possibly have a RAM of 1.99GB. It is rediculus.
    Take out RAM and clean its contacts with after shave and also with a
    fine rubber eraser, and then try.

    sk

    , Oct 5, 2007
  8. t8769

    Alfred Guest

    On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 16:43:09 -0000, wrote:

    >On Oct 5, 4:39 am, t8769 <> wrote:
    >> > Right click in MyComputer, Properties and see how much RAM is being
    >> > reported

    >> Thanks for the tips.
    >>
    >> It says 1.99GB Ram..
    >>
    >> That looks a bit strange..
    >>
    >> Is that ok?

    >You cannot possibly have a RAM of 1.99GB. It is rediculus.
    >Take out RAM and clean its contacts with after shave and also with a
    >fine rubber eraser, and then try.

    It may be his machine is using some for display in which case it will
    report what is available for the system

    Alfred, Oct 5, 2007
  9. t8769

    t8769 Guest

    I bought the memory on Ebay, and now realise that one should never buy
    electronics on Ebay..

    Its still at 1.99GB

    I'll try what you suggest

    t8769, Oct 5, 2007
  10. t8769

    Plato Guest

    t8769 wrote:

    > I did put in 2G of memory, which I bought off Ebay. That's worked fine
    > for 4 months, could that be the problem?

    Probably not, as you would have noticed a problem sooner than that if it
    was due to ram.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Oct 7, 2007