    desktop will open alright but after choosing to open Outlook Express, the
    computer freezes and all the icons disappear from the desktop. We can then
    do nothing else other than switch off. Thanks for any advice.

    john royce, Sep 30, 2009

  2. john royce wrote:
    > We have windows xp and when starting up the Acer Aspire One computer the
    > desktop will open alright but after choosing to open Outlook Express, the
    > computer freezes and all the icons disappear from the desktop. We can then
    > do nothing else other than switch off. Thanks for any advice.

    How much RAM?
    Model of Puter?
    Age of puter?
    What outlook? Express? Office Pro?

    Really not information to assist.

    Google may assist:

    http://tinyurl.com/yg9uj8d

    Otherwise please come back with much more detail.

    Cheers

    Caulfield Man, Sep 30, 2009

  3. john royce

    john royce Guest

    "Caulfield Man" <why@pleasephoneme> wrote in message
    > john royce wrote:
    >> We have windows xp and when starting up the Acer Aspire One computer the
    >> desktop will open alright but after choosing to open Outlook Express, the
    >> computer freezes and all the icons disappear from the desktop. We can
    >> then do nothing else other than switch off. Thanks for any advice.

    > How much RAM?
    > Model of Puter?
    > Age of puter?
    > What outlook? Express? Office Pro?

    Thanks. 108GB Ram. Acer Aspire One. One year old. Running Outlook
    Express 6 and Internet Explorer 8.

    john royce, Sep 30, 2009
  4. Wibble wrote:
    > "john royce" <> wrote in message
    >> "Caulfield Man" <why@pleasephoneme> wrote in message
    >>> How much RAM?
    >>> Model of Puter?
    >>> Age of puter?
    >>> What outlook? Express? Office Pro?

    >> Thanks. 108GB Ram. Acer Aspire One. One year old. Running Outlook
    >> Express 6 and Internet Explorer 8.
    >>

    > 108Gb of RAM...thats impressive!

    Er your RAM figure seems modestly exaggerated; can you have another look.

    Have you ever considered a much better piece of software namely just
    about anything? Suggestion: Thunderbird?

    Come back with a better RAM number and we'll chat some more. ALso do you
    apply all the patches offered by Microsoft and are you running some form
    of regularly updated virus checker.

    Caulfield Man, Sep 30, 2009
  5. john royce

    > Wibble wrote:
    >> "john royce" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Caulfield Man" <why@pleasephoneme> wrote in message
    >>> Thanks. 108GB Ram. Acer Aspire One. One year old. Running Outlook
    >>> Express 6 and Internet Explorer 8.
    >>>

    >> 108Gb of RAM...thats impressive!

    > Er your RAM figure seems modestly exaggerated; can you have another look.
    >
    > Have you ever considered a much better piece of software namely just about
    > anything? Suggestion: Thunderbird?
    >
    > Come back with a better RAM number and we'll chat some more. ALso do you
    > apply all the patches offered by Microsoft and are you running some form
    > of regularly updated virus checker.

    Sorry thats 512 MB of Ram. Comodo antivirus is up to date and running. All
    Microsoft updates installed.

    john royce, Sep 30, 2009
  6. john royce wrote:
    > "Caulfield Man" <why@pleasephoneme> wrote in message
    >> Wibble wrote:
    >>> "john royce" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> 108Gb of RAM...thats impressive!

    >> Er your RAM figure seems modestly exaggerated; can you have another look.
    >>
    >> Have you ever considered a much better piece of software namely just about
    >> anything? Suggestion: Thunderbird?
    >>
    >> Come back with a better RAM number and we'll chat some more. ALso do you
    >> apply all the patches offered by Microsoft and are you running some form
    >> of regularly updated virus checker.

    > Sorry thats 512 MB of Ram. Comodo antivirus is up to date and running. All
    > Microsoft updates installed.

    Did any of the google results in the link above work?

    Caulfield Man, Sep 30, 2009
  7. On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 22:45:10 +1000, Caulfield Man pinched out a steaming
    pile of:

    > john royce wrote:
    >> "Caulfield Man" <why@pleasephoneme> wrote in message

    >>> Er your RAM figure seems modestly exaggerated; can you have another look.
    >>>
    >>> Have you ever considered a much better piece of software namely just about
    >>> anything? Suggestion: Thunderbird?
    >>>
    >>> Come back with a better RAM number and we'll chat some more. ALso do you
    >>> apply all the patches offered by Microsoft and are you running some form
    >>> of regularly updated virus checker.

    >> Sorry thats 512 MB of Ram. Comodo antivirus is up to date and running. All
    >> Microsoft updates installed.
    >>>

    > Did any of the google results in the link above work?

    He's prolly trying to keep from smashing keybord!

    He shud start safe m0de: F8
    Tehn follwo instrucshins:
    http://www.insideoe.com/problems/errors.htm

    ^_^