Freeware x64 printer driver

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Apr 10, 2007.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Apr 10, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Anyone tried this on Vista64? I did months ago and the driver wasn't
    signed. I am using CutePDF Writer which works fine.

    John Barnes, Apr 10, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Jane C Guest

    Downloading it now - will give it a whirl on VBus x64.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP Windows Shell/User

    Jane C, Apr 10, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Jane C Guest

    Thanks Carlos :) Will try it on Vista Business x64 and see if it plays.

    Jane C, Apr 10, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Jane C Guest

    Installed fine, with no mention of unsigned drivers, so I guess they had
    them signed :)

    Tested by converting a multipage Word doc to pdf - worked fine.

    Jane C, Apr 10, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks Jane. You aren't one of those who has set the registry to bypass
    driver signing are you? :)

    John Barnes, Apr 10, 2007
  7. Bypassing driver signing... hmmm... let me look inside my Pandora box.

    Here it is!
    Run from an elevated command prompt the following:
    Bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON
    and reboot.

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Apr 10, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Jane C Guest

    Nope, don't intend to go down that path either :)

    Jane C, Apr 10, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Piers James Guest

    Works fine on Vista Home Premium x64. Been using it since I upgraded to
    Vista. Used for yonks on both Win XP and XP x64 previously.

    Piers James, Apr 10, 2007
  10. A wise choice. Yes, the pain is slightly higher right now. But in the long
    run, I think we'll all benefit.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64