Freeware to Order GIFs, JPEGs, TIFFs, PNGs Numerically

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Martin, Mar 31, 2009.

  1. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Greetings!

    I am looking for a freeware which will automatically assign an ordered
    number to current and future images that I have.

    For example, let's say that I have 5,124 images, regardless of whether they
    are GIFs, JPEGs, TIFFs, PNGs, etc.

    Further, let's say that each has a description, such as, "At Beach During
    Vacation Last Year", "Sally With Her New Car", or "Photo of Sunset".

    Instead of the above text descriptions, I would prefer to have the first
    image titled "10,001", the second as "10,002", the third being "10,003", and
    so on.

    Is there a freeware that, upon installation, will automatically order all my
    images by number, and will continue to do so when a new image is saved or
    created?

    As always, thank you in advance for any constructive replies given.

    Regards,

    Martin

    Martin, Mar 31, 2009

  2. Martin

    thanatoid Guest

    "Martin" <> wrote in

    > Greetings!
    >
    > I am looking for a freeware which will automatically assign
    > an ordered number to current and future images that I have.
    >
    > For example, let's say that I have 5,124 images, regardless
    > of whether they are GIFs, JPEGs, TIFFs, PNGs, etc.

    <SNIP>

    The file manager from www.ghisler.com will do that in its
    extremely sophisticated rename/renumber/etc/etc/etc... function.
    It works forever in demo mode but it is well worth the $35.

    There is a stripped down free version by at
    www.freecommander.com but I haven't tried and it and it may not
    do what you want.

    --
    "Who knows what the OP is talking about?"
    (about thanatoid)

    thanatoid, Mar 31, 2009

  3. Martin

    thanatoid Guest

    "Martin" <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    > and will
    > continue to do so when a new image is saved or created?

    I do not believe ANY software will do THAT.
    SOME things we still have to do with our own little sweaty
    fingers.
    :)

    thanatoid, Mar 31, 2009
  4. Martin

    Guest

    "Martin" <> wrote:

    >Further, let's say that each has a description, such as, "At Beach During
    >Vacation Last Year", "Sally With Her New Car", or "Photo of Sunset".
    >
    >Instead of the above text descriptions, I would prefer to have the first
    >image titled "10,001", the second as "10,002", the third being "10,003", and
    >so on.

    Select the files you want renamed, The first file, name it to what you
    want - hit enter you should get:
    10,00X

    Sometimes you will get
    10,001
    10,001(1)
    10,001(2)
    10,001(X)

    If this happens or your not happy with the results - in windows
    Explorer under the EDIT menu, is an UNDO option, just click on that
    and you will be back where you started.

    --

    google trend...
    http://twitpic.com/2m53e

    , Apr 1, 2009
  5. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Hello,

    Thank you for the "heads-up" on what to do if I'm not happy with the
    results.

    Regards,

    Martin

    <> wrote in message
    : "Martin" <> wrote:
    :
    : >Further, let's say that each has a description, such as, "At Beach During
    : >Vacation Last Year", "Sally With Her New Car", or "Photo of Sunset".
    : >
    : >Instead of the above text descriptions, I would prefer to have the first
    : >image titled "10,001", the second as "10,002", the third being "10,003",
    and
    : >so on.
    :
    :
    : Select the files you want renamed, The first file, name it to what you
    : want - hit enter you should get:
    : 10,001
    : 10,002
    : 10,00X
    :
    : Sometimes you will get
    : 10,001
    : 10,001(1)
    : 10,001(2)
    : 10,001(X)
    :
    : If this happens or your not happy with the results - in windows
    : Explorer under the EDIT menu, is an UNDO option, just click on that
    : and you will be back where you started.
    :
    : --
    :
    : google trend...
    : http://twitpic.com/2m53e

    Martin, Apr 1, 2009
  6. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Good morning,

    Thanks for the two links. I'll check out the products and, I'm certain, at
    least one will meet my needs.

    Martin

    Martin, Apr 1, 2009
  7. Martin

    thanatoid Guest

    "Martin" <> wrote in

    > Good morning,
    >
    > Thanks for the two links. I'll check out the products and,
    > I'm certain, at least one will meet my needs.

    Have fun. If you take some time with it, you'll never use
    Windows Explorer as file manager again.
    Freedom and ability to do what you want with 3 keyboard clocks
    instead of 30 mins with the mouse!!!

    thanatoid, Apr 3, 2009