freeware: the swiss-knife of movie buffs

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Hector@coollector.com, Apr 9, 2007.

  1. Guest

    www.coollector.com

    MOVIES ENCYCLOPEDIA + VIDEO COLLECTION MANAGER + SHOPPING TOOL
    combined inside a child-play to use program. The swiss-knife of movie
    lovers, totally FREE !

    Coollector blends 3 types of information into a unique interface:
    1) your cinematographical culture and taste
    2) your video collection
    3) the videos available in store

    1) Coollector is a large movie encyclopedia. Only 14 MB to download,
    and you get a database of 33,000 movies and 68,000 persons.

    2) You can personalize all that data. You can rate all the movies and
    persons that you know. You can tell which movies you own in your
    collection, with all the technical details. You keep track of the
    movies you loaned. You manage your wish list.

    3) Coollector tells you what videos are available in online stores,
    and helps you find the best prices (prices are updated daily).
    , Apr 9, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > www.coollector.com

    Tried it. EPICALLY unimpressed.

    Well, whaddaya know? War WAS the answer, after all. Go figure.

    A lone Micronaut lost in a world of Star Wars action figures,
    (The Excessively Parenthetical) Geena-- Worrier Princess

    "Reciprocity... is the key to every relationship."
    --LAPD Capt. Dudley Smith (James Cromwell), in L.A. Confidential

    "Andy Warhol once said that everyone would be famous for fifteen
    minutes. The unfortunate corollary is that everyone will also appear in
    a Freddie Prinze, Jr. movie for fifteen minutes."
    --me

    "This is like driving a Rolls Royce, naked, in mink underpants."
    --Tony Bourdain

    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it
    but at the very least you need a beer."
    -- Frank Zappa

    "I'm not sayin' it's the best thing in the world FOR ya; I'm just sayin'
    it's the best thing in the world."
    -- Alton Brown

    "The most preposterous notion that H. sapiens has ever dreamed up is
    that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes,
    wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their
    prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet
    this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all
    the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in
    all history."
    -- Robert Heinlein
    Geena Phillips, Apr 13, 2007

  3. Guest

    > Tried it.

    Thank you for your time.

    > EPICALLY unimpressed.

    Could you please tell me more ? How long a try did you give it ? Are
    you a movie buff ? Why you were so disappointed ? What you would have
    liked ? Can you make suggestions ? If you were simply put off by the
    current lack of pictures (program can look a little dry like that), I
    can tell you that pictures will be added soon.

    Best regards,
    Hector.
    , Apr 14, 2007
  4. Guest

    Geena Phillips <> wrote:
    > Any comment I made right now might make people think I was arrogant
    > and judgmental, and lord knows we wouldn't want that. :)

    ;-)
    , Apr 14, 2007
  5. wrote:
    >> Tried it.

    > Thank you for your time.
    >

    >> EPICALLY unimpressed.

    > Could you please tell me more ? How long a try did you give it ? Are
    > you a movie buff ? Why you were so disappointed ? What you would have
    > liked ? Can you make suggestions ? If you were simply put off by the
    > current lack of pictures (program can look a little dry like that), I
    > can tell you that pictures will be added soon.

    Well, I found the database lacking in titles, for one thing. Also, it
    was difficult sorting through the different versions of titles. And,
    yeah, pictures might have helped.

    Geena Phillips, Apr 15, 2007
  6. Guest

    Thank you for the feedback !

    > I found the database lacking in titles.

    Right now, I'm doing big changes to the database, and when I'm
    finished, I'll allow users to contribute new movies.

    > yeah, pictures might have helped.

    I posted here because I consider the program is already pretty useful
    in its current state (I've had many good feedbacks). But it surely
    won't hurt to add some eye candies.

    > it was difficult sorting through the different versions of titles.

    I'm sorry, I don't understand this one. Do you mean the different
    videos available for a movie ? Why is it difficult to sort through ?
    First are listed the normal versions. Then the special editions
    (director's cut, etc...). And finally the packs that include the
    movie. How can I improve that ?
    , Apr 15, 2007
  7. MassiveProng Guest

    On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 20:32:00 -0400, Geena Phillips
    <> The avd Crappy Headed Ho gave us:

    >Well, I found the database lacking in titles, for one thing. Also, it
    >was difficult sorting through the different versions of titles. And,
    >yeah, pictures might have helped.

    What have you ever contributed, you Crappy Headed Ho!?
    MassiveProng, Apr 15, 2007
  8. Guest

    Please, I suggest that we all remain polite...

    "EPICALLY unimpressed", I admit that I was upset by this unfairly
    severe judgment.

    Words can kill :(
    , Apr 15, 2007
  9. MassiveProng Guest

    On 15 Apr 2007 06:13:02 -0700, Gave us:

    >Please, I suggest that we all remain polite...
    >
    >"EPICALLY unimpressed", I admit that I was upset by this unfairly
    >severe judgment.
    >
    >Words can kill :(

    Not her words...

    Just think "EPICALLY ineffectual". ;-]
    MassiveProng, Apr 15, 2007
  10. Stan Brown Guest

    Sat, 14 Apr 2007 20:32:00 -0400 from Geena Phillips
    <>:
    [35 lines of quotes]

    Lovely as the quotes may be, perhaps you could rotate them rather
    than post all of them every time?

    BTW, Usenet standard is four lines of signature.
    > http://groups.google.com/group/news...703e705b20?lnk=st&q=&rnum=16#41690e703e705b20

    is a good reference. (See question and answer 45.)

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    Stan Brown, Apr 15, 2007
  11. MassiveProng Guest

    On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 11:36:08 -0400, Stan Brown
    <> Gave us:

    >Lovely as the quotes may be, perhaps you could rotate them rather
    >than post all of them every time?

    The Crappy Headed Ho is immune to folks that don't like her retarded
    use of the Usenet "sig" capability.
    MassiveProng, Apr 15, 2007