    TYVM,
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Jun 19, 2007

  2. ~misfit~

    Sharktcwnwap Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > At least I think that's what you call them. I just want something to keep
    > track of family birthdays, maybe pop up a 'warning' a week or so in
    > advance. It's a PITA to keep track of them the way I currently do.
    >
    > Running XP Pro SP2.
    >
    > Any suggestions appreciated.

    I use Google calendar but apparently Evolution is now available for windows.

    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/E-mail/E-mail-Clients/Evolution-for-Windows.shtml

    --
    Sharktcwnwap
    Sharktcwnwap, Jun 19, 2007

  3. ~misfit~

    sam Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > At least I think that's what you call them. I just want something to keep
    > track of family birthdays, maybe pop up a 'warning' a week or so in advance.
    > It's a PITA to keep track of them the way I currently do.
    >
    > Running XP Pro SP2.
    >
    > Any suggestions appreciated.
    >
    > TYVM,

    Thunderbird mail with the Lightning calendar extension
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/lightning/

    It also integrates with google calendar, which is another option if you
    are always online

    Or Sunbird if you want standalone
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird/
    sam, Jun 19, 2007
  4. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    sam wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    > > At least I think that's what you call them. I just want something
    > > to keep track of family birthdays, maybe pop up a 'warning' a week
    > > or so in advance. It's a PITA to keep track of them the way I
    > > currently do. Running XP Pro SP2.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions appreciated.
    > >
    > > TYVM,

    > Thunderbird mail with the Lightning calendar extension
    > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/lightning/
    >
    > It also integrates with google calendar, which is another option if
    > you are always online
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/4631
    >
    > Or Sunbird if you want standalone
    > http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird/

    Thank you sam, very much appreciated.
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Jun 19, 2007
  5. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Sharktcwnwap wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > > At least I think that's what you call them. I just want something
    > > to keep track of family birthdays, maybe pop up a 'warning' a week
    > > or so in advance. It's a PITA to keep track of them the way I
    > > currently do. Running XP Pro SP2.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions appreciated.

    > I use Google calendar but apparently Evolution is now available for
    > windows.
    > http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/E-mail/E-mail-Clients/Evolution-for-Windows.shtml

    Cheers Shark. I tried to d/l Evo when it was first released but the servers
    were overloaded. Thuinking about it, I'm happy with FF so I won't bother at
    this stage. At least let them get the bugs out first.

    Google Calendar could be a go though, although (when I'm sufficiently
    medicated) I can envision a distant future when all of mankind bow down
    before the Google God-head and are enslaved by it.

    Mucho gracias,
    --
    Shaun. (Damn English dictionary won't spellcheck my attempt at spelling a
    Spanish thank you. You'd think they'd be *some* cross-over with common
    ~misfit~, Jun 19, 2007
  6. ~misfit~

    Sharktcwnwap Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > Sharktcwnwap wrote:
    >> "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> > At least I think that's what you call them. I just want something
    >> > to keep track of family birthdays, maybe pop up a 'warning' a week
    >> > or so in advance. It's a PITA to keep track of them the way I
    >> > currently do. Running XP Pro SP2.
    >> >
    >> > Any suggestions appreciated.

    >> I use Google calendar but apparently Evolution is now available for
    >> windows.
    >> http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/E-mail/E-mail-Clients/Evolution-for-Windows.shtml

    > Cheers Shark.

    No wuckers

    I tried to d/l Evo when it was first released but the servers
    > were overloaded. Thuinking about it, I'm happy with FF so I won't bother
    > at this stage. At least let them get the bugs out first.
    >
    > Google Calendar could be a go though, although (when I'm sufficiently
    > medicated) I can envision a distant future when all of mankind bow down
    > before the Google God-head and are enslaved by it.

    With the gmail drive option now http://tinyurl.com/4yg48 I have my docs,
    mail and calendar up there.

    > Mucho gracias,
    > --
    > Shaun. (Damn English dictionary won't spellcheck my attempt at spelling a
    > Spanish thank you. You'd think they'd be *some* cross-over with common
    > foreign phrases)

    It's a conspiracy.

    --
    Sharktcwnwap

    Sharktcwnwap, Jun 19, 2007
  7. ~misfit~

    none Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Sharktcwnwap wrote:
    >> I use Google calendar but apparently Evolution is now available for
    >> windows.
    >> http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/E-mail/E-mail-Clients/Evolution-for-Windows.shtml

    > Cheers Shark. I tried to d/l Evo when it was first released but the servers
    > were overloaded. Thuinking about it, I'm happy with FF so I won't bother at
    > this stage. At least let them get the bugs out first.

    FF = Firefox = Browser

    Evo = Evolution = Mail Client

    o_0
    none, Jun 19, 2007
  8. In message <46775465$>, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Mucho gracias,
    > --
    > Shaun. (Damn English dictionary won't spellcheck my attempt at spelling a
    > Spanish thank you. You'd think they'd be *some* cross-over with common
    > foreign phrases)

    For some reason I keep thinking the phrase should be "muchas gracias",
    not "mucho gracias"?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 19, 2007
  9. ~misfit~

    Gordon Guest

    On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:18:49 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > At least I think that's what you call them. I just want something to
    > keep track of family birthdays, maybe pop up a 'warning' a week or so in
    > advance. It's a PITA to keep track of them the way I currently do.

    Since you use Fire Fox, the reminder extension for it might work for you.
    Gordon, Jun 19, 2007
  10. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:18:49 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    > > At least I think that's what you call them. I just want something to
    > > keep track of family birthdays, maybe pop up a 'warning' a week or
    > > so in advance. It's a PITA to keep track of them the way I
    > > currently do.
    > >

    > Since you use Fire Fox, the reminder extension for it might work for
    > you.

    I shall look into it. Thank you.
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Jun 19, 2007
  11. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    none wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    > > Sharktcwnwap wrote:
    > > > I use Google calendar but apparently Evolution is now available
    > > > for windows.
    > > > http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/E-mail/E-mail-Clients/Evolution-for-Windows.shtml

    > > Cheers Shark. I tried to d/l Evo when it was first released but the
    > > servers were overloaded. Thuinking about it, I'm happy with FF so I
    > > won't bother at this stage. At least let them get the bugs out
    > > first.

    > FF = Firefox = Browser
    >
    > Evo = Evolution = Mail Client
    >
    > o_0

    I knew that! <cough>

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Jun 19, 2007
  12. ~misfit~

    Cima Guest

    On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:18:49 +1200, "~misfit~" <> wrote:

    >At least I think that's what you call them. I just want something to keep
    >track of family birthdays, maybe pop up a 'warning' a week or so in advance.
    >It's a PITA to keep track of them the way I currently do.
    >
    >Running XP Pro SP2.
    >
    >Any suggestions appreciated.

    There's a few mentioned in alt.comp.freeware, this one seems popular:
    http://www.essentialpim.com/

    and some reviews
    http://www.buzzys.net/previous.html#8
    Cima, Jun 19, 2007
  13. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Cima wrote:
    > On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:18:49 +1200, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > At least I think that's what you call them. I just want something
    > > to keep track of family birthdays, maybe pop up a 'warning' a week
    > > or so in advance. It's a PITA to keep track of them the way I
    > > currently do.
    > >
    > > Running XP Pro SP2.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions appreciated.
    > >

    > There's a few mentioned in alt.comp.freeware, this one seems popular:
    > http://www.essentialpim.com/
    >
    > and some reviews
    > http://www.buzzys.net/previous.html#8

    Thank you kindly. :)