Freeware Information and Links

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Bear Bottoms, Sep 27, 2006.

  1. Bear Bottoms

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    A good way to find freeware is via search engines though they provide a
    tremendous amount of information to sift through.

    A better way to find great freeware is to visit some great freeware sites
    though most have so much it is a timely chore:

    http://www.sixfiles.com/
    http://www.onlythebestfreeware.com/default.asp
    http://www.snapfiles.com/
    http://sourceforge.net/index.php

    A quicker way to find good freeware is asking here in alt.comp.freeware and
    you will get a variety of answers.

    I also offer a much quicker way to find great freeware at my website which
    gives you some great choices, links and is quickly viewable. I get nothing
    for this effort. I do not sell ads or in any way make any gains. It is
    simply an offer to help.
    --
    I research freeware: http://bearbottoms1.com
    Bear Bottoms, Sep 27, 2006

  2. From: "Bear Bottoms" <>

    | A good way to find freeware is via search engines though they provide a
    | tremendous amount of information to sift through.
    |
    | A better way to find great freeware is to visit some great freeware sites
    | though most have so much it is a timely chore:

    < snip >

    Are you thick ?

    You have been asked nicely to post On Topic and to stop spamming.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
    David H. Lipman, Sep 27, 2006

  3. Bear Bottoms

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 21:55:24 GMT, David H. Lipman wrote:

    > From: "Bear Bottoms" <>
    >
    >| A good way to find freeware is via search engines though they provide a
    >| tremendous amount of information to sift through.
    >|
    >| A better way to find great freeware is to visit some great freeware sites
    >| though most have so much it is a timely chore:
    >|

    > < snip >
    >
    > Are you thick ?
    >
    > You have been asked nicely to post On Topic and to stop spamming.

    You think it is off topic. I disagree. Many people come to ng's to find
    relevant information on the topic of the ng. Much of that is found on my
    website...in an easy format to use. It cuts to the chase.
    --
    I research freeware: http://bearbottoms1.com
    Bear Bottoms, Sep 27, 2006
  4. David H. Lipman, Sep 27, 2006
  5. Bear Bottoms

    kurt wismer Guest

    Bear Bottoms wrote:
    > On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 21:55:24 GMT, David H. Lipman wrote:
    > > From: "Bear Bottoms" <>
    > >
    > >| A good way to find freeware is via search engines though they provide a
    > >| tremendous amount of information to sift through.
    > >|
    > >| A better way to find great freeware is to visit some great freeware sites
    > >| though most have so much it is a timely chore:
    > >|

    > > < snip >
    > >
    > > Are you thick ?
    > >
    > > You have been asked nicely to post On Topic and to stop spamming.

    > You think it is off topic. I disagree.

    you are cross posting to groups about malware and computer security...
    until such time as your posts are about malware and/or computer
    security your posts will be off topic and unwelcome in these groups...

    and no, posts about freeware in general do not qualify as posts about
    malware and/or computer security...

    > Many people come to ng's to find
    > relevant information on the topic of the ng. Much of that is found on my
    > website...in an easy format to use. It cuts to the chase.

    if it's so easy to find then you can bloody well make targetted posts
    to these groups that point people to the *security-related* freeware...
    kurt wismer, Sep 28, 2006
  6. Bear Bottoms

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    On 27 Sep 2006 16:24:27 -0700, kurt wismer wrote:

    > Bear Bottoms wrote:
    >> On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 21:55:24 GMT, David H. Lipman wrote:
    >>> From: "Bear Bottoms" <>

    >>> < snip >
    >>>
    >>> Are you thick ?
    >>>
    >>> You have been asked nicely to post On Topic and to stop spamming.

    >> You think it is off topic. I disagree.

    > you are cross posting to groups about malware and computer security...
    > until such time as your posts are about malware and/or computer
    > security your posts will be off topic and unwelcome in these groups...
    >
    > and no, posts about freeware in general do not qualify as posts about
    > malware and/or computer security...
    >
    >> Many people come to ng's to find
    >> relevant information on the topic of the ng. Much of that is found on my
    >> website...in an easy format to use. It cuts to the chase.

    > if it's so easy to find then you can bloody well make targetted posts
    > to these groups that point people to the *security-related* freeware...

    Naugh, my website is relevant to all Freeware. If you want security, I
    have what I consider the best freeware security page out there.

    If you want the other great freeware, it's there as well.

    If you only want a list of all the Microsoft freeware, well there is a page
    for that.

    I also link the best free online tech sites, the best free online scanner
    sites...it is a comprehensive place for anyone to go to. Plus a few
    treats.

    It's free. I make nothing from it...simply a very helpful place. If you
    want to try and make something bad out of that...well, it is a free
    country. Right?

    --
    I research freeware: http://bearbottoms1.com
    Bear Bottoms, Sep 28, 2006
  7. Bear Bottoms

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 22:53:04 GMT, David H. Lipman wrote:

    > From: "Bear Bottoms" <>
    >

    >| You think it is off topic. I disagree. Many people come to ng's to find
    >| relevant information on the topic of the ng. Much of that is found on my
    >| website...in an easy format to use. It cuts to the chase.
    >
    > < PLONK ! >

    I love it when mouth pieces commit self-censorship. What is even more
    funny is when they think they are making a statement instead of just doing
    it. :)
    --
    I research freeware: http://bearbottoms1.com
    Bear Bottoms, Sep 28, 2006
  8. From: "Bear Bottoms" <>

    | I love it when mouth pieces commit self-censorship. What is even more
    | funny is when they think they are making a statement instead of just doing
    | it. :)

    You are a person who came to these news groups very recently.
    You have been told by numerous individuals to stop.

    Kurt and I have been in a.c.v and a.c.a-v since approx. their respective creation.
    We know what we are talking about. You don't know what you are taling about.

    I will ask you just one last time to PLEASE stop posting Off Topic and spamming.

    Your cooperation in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

    David H. Lipman, Sep 28, 2006
  9. Bear Bottoms

    kurt wismer Guest

    Bear Bottoms wrote:
    > On 27 Sep 2006 16:24:27 -0700, kurt wismer wrote:
    > > Bear Bottoms wrote:

    [snip]
    > >> Many people come to ng's to find
    > >> relevant information on the topic of the ng. Much of that is found on my
    > >> website...in an easy format to use. It cuts to the chase.

    > > if it's so easy to find then you can bloody well make targetted posts
    > > to these groups that point people to the *security-related* freeware...

    > Naugh, my website is relevant to all Freeware.

    and freeware, per se, is not relevant to these groups...

    your off-topic posts are not welcome here and since you can't seem to
    respect that fact, you are not welcome here...
    kurt wismer, Sep 28, 2006
  10. Bear Bottoms

    Sniper .308 Guest

    On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:57:26 -0500, Bear Bottoms
    <> wrote:

    >I love it when mouth pieces commit self-censorship. What is even more
    >funny is when they think they are making a statement instead of just doing
    >it. :)

    What is even more fun is having the web site of some arrogant peice of
    shit spammer taken down.
    Sniper .308, Sep 28, 2006
  11. Bear Bottoms

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    On 28 Sep 2006 06:43:52 -0700, kurt wismer wrote:

    > Bear Bottoms wrote:
    >> On 27 Sep 2006 16:24:27 -0700, kurt wismer wrote:
    >>> Bear Bottoms wrote:

    > [snip]
    >>>
    >>> if it's so easy to find then you can bloody well make targetted posts
    >>> to these groups that point people to the *security-related* freeware...

    >> Naugh, my website is relevant to all Freeware.

    > and freeware, per se, is not relevant to these groups...
    >
    > your off-topic posts are not welcome here and since you can't seem to
    > respect that fact, you are not welcome here...

    Good thing this is America and I don't need your permission. Such evil in
    response to great help for folks.
    --
    I research freeware: http://bearbottoms1.com
    Bear Bottoms, Sep 28, 2006
  12. From: "Bear Bottoms" <>

    | Good thing this is America and I don't need your permission. Such evil in
    | response to great help for folks.

    No. This is NOT America. This is an International News Groups whose members are all over
    the globe. As a News Group its members, collectively, decide what is appropriate. You
    "just" decided to post in the se security and virus related News Groups. We have been here
    for years.

    Respect the community's wishes or leave. It is that simple.

    David H. Lipman, Sep 28, 2006
  13. Bear Bottoms

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:45:31 GMT, David H. Lipman wrote:

    > From: "Bear Bottoms" <>
    >

    >| Good thing this is America and I don't need your permission. Such evil in
    >| response to great help for folks.
    >
    > No. This is NOT America. This is an International News Groups whose members are all over
    > the globe. As a News Group its members, collectively, decide what is appropriate. You
    > "just" decided to post in the se security and virus related News Groups. We have been here
    > for years.
    >
    > Respect the community's wishes or leave. It is that simple.

    LOL...I've heard from what 3 people. Who think they own this NG. I am
    posting on topic...live with it.
    --
    I research freeware: http://bearbottoms1.com
    Bear Bottoms, Sep 28, 2006
  14. Bear Bottoms

    Bear Bottoms Guest

    On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:45:31 GMT, David H. Lipman wrote:

    > From: "Bear Bottoms" <>
    >

    >| Good thing this is America and I don't need your permission. Such evil in
    >| response to great help for folks.
    >
    > No. This is NOT America. This is an International News Groups whose members are all over
    > the globe. As a News Group its members, collectively, decide what is appropriate. You
    > "just" decided to post in the se security and virus related News Groups. We have been here
    > for years.
    >
    > Respect the community's wishes or leave. It is that simple.

    BTW, I live in America...I don't care where you live...but I hope it is in
    a place where there is freedom.
    --
    I research freeware: http://bearbottoms1.com
    Bear Bottoms, Sep 28, 2006
  15. Bear Bottoms

    Dustin Guest

    "kurt wismer" <> wrote in

    > Bear Bottoms wrote:
    >> On 27 Sep 2006 16:24:27 -0700, kurt wismer wrote:
    >> > Bear Bottoms wrote:

    > [snip]
    >> >
    >> > if it's so easy to find then you can bloody well make targetted
    >> > posts to these groups that point people to the *security-related*
    >> > freeware...

    >> Naugh, my website is relevant to all Freeware.

    > and freeware, per se, is not relevant to these groups...
    >
    > your off-topic posts are not welcome here and since you can't seem to
    > respect that fact, you are not welcome here...

    Kurt,

    is anyone really welcome here? :)

    --
    Dustin Cook
    Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool
    Dustin, Sep 29, 2006
  16. Bear Bottoms

    Dustin Guest

    Sniper .308 <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:57:26 -0500, Bear Bottoms
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>I love it when mouth pieces commit self-censorship. What is even more
    >>funny is when they think they are making a statement instead of just
    >>doing it. :)

    > What is even more fun is having the web site of some arrogant peice of
    > shit spammer taken down.

    Why the hell was this crossposted to a binaries group? :(

    --
    Dustin Cook
    Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool
    Version 1.9.3 Released September 8th, 2006
    Last Pattern Update: September 24th, 2006
    http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk
    Dustin, Sep 29, 2006
  17. David H. Lipman, Sep 29, 2006
  18. Bear Bottoms

    Dustin Guest

    "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in news:zIYSg.9305
    $422.4150@trnddc03:

    > From: "Dustin" <>
    >

    >| Kurt,
    >|
    >| is anyone really welcome here? :)
    >|

    > Even you. That is when you aren't dragging the Kooks along with 'ya !

    The kook problem is fixed. Xnews has a scoring file. It's the best
    autoplonker system I've seen going. hehe.

    > Now go treat that Flu :)

    Aye.. I'm feeling better today, but I think thats mostly the dayquil I've
    been taking.. hehe :)

    TTYl Dave!

    --
    Dustin Cook
    Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool
    Version 1.9.3 Released September 8th, 2006
    Last Pattern Update: September 28th, 2006
    http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk
    Awarded 5 doves by completelyfreesoftware.com
    100% clean award by softpedia.com
    http://www.softpedia.com/progClean/BugHunter-Clean-50616.html
    Dustin, Sep 29, 2006
  19. Bear Bottoms

    Phil Weldon Guest

    'Bear Bottoms' wrote, in part:
    | LOL...I've heard from what 3 people. Who think they own this NG. I am
    | posting on topic...live with it.
    _____

    By the evidence you continue to post, you are interested mainly in
    satisfying your need for attention rather than contributing and exchanging
    information. When accompanied by belligerence, it's call Usenet rage - how
    do you act out on the road and in the air?

    Phil Weldon

    "Bear Bottoms" <> wrote in message
    | On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:45:31 GMT, David H. Lipman wrote:
    |
    | > From: "Bear Bottoms" <>

    | >|

    Phil Weldon, Sep 29, 2006
  20. Bear Bottoms wrote:

    > Good thing this is America and I don't need your permission.

    Indeed. You're exercising your right to act like a total asshat to its
    fullest. A shining testimonial. Congratulations on a job well done.
    Borked Pseudo Mailed, Sep 29, 2006