    TIA

    --
    Some1
    Some1, Dec 8, 2004

  2. Some1

    Guest

    , Dec 8, 2004

  3. Some1

    Guest

    , Dec 8, 2004
  4. Some1

    Some1 Guest

    <> escribió en el mensaje
    news:...

    > I use Prevx, which I think is much better.
    > http://www1.prevx.com/prevxhome.asp

    Thank you for the link.

    Prevx Home *anonymously and automatically transmits threat data each time an
    attack is made on your PC*. This threat data is used to drive the new "ask
    the audience" feature that helps users make the decision to accept or deny
    each security event alert

    Unquote

    Emphasis * * is my addition to the quote.

    Do they really transmit data *anonymously*? What kind of data? Should I be
    concerned about breach of privacy?

    --
    Some1
    Some1, Dec 8, 2004
  5. Some1

    ImhoTech Guest

    How the **** wold you know what "most" people do?
    ImhoTech, Dec 8, 2004
  6. Some1

    Guest

    On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 13:43:51 -0500, "Some1" <> wrote:

    |> <> escribió en el mensaje
    |>

    |> > I use Prevx, which I think is much better.
    |> > http://www1.prevx.com/prevxhome.asp

    I really should quit pushing this program, while very good at what it
    does, and I like it for it's low resource usage. It does take some work
    to insure security (to my satisfaction).

    |> Thank you for the link.

    |> Prevx Home *anonymously and automatically transmits threat data each time an
    |> attack is made on your PC*. This threat data is used to drive the new "ask
    |> the audience" feature that helps users make the decision to accept or deny
    |> each security event alert
    |>
    |> Unquote
    |>
    |> Emphasis * * is my addition to the quote.
    |>
    |> Do they really transmit data *anonymously*? What kind of data? Should I be
    |> concerned about breach of privacy?

    I read all EULA's and don't get malware/spyware or haven't yet.
    And this one was just weird, I figured it was just a translation error.
    anonymously meaning in the background, and audience being yourself.

    Back to how I ensure security with this.

    They demand an E-mail address I used:
    http://spamhole.com/

    On installation it calls home to finish the install.
    (I'm a NAT system, and gave it that call)

    It want's to upgrade itself every so often (It's free until after 3
    updates) by it's very nature it doesn't require updating (no dat files)
    so I edited the registry to bump up the date a few years.

    No it doesn't call out, ZoneAlarm has never asked for it's access.

    Stick with TeaTimer as it comes with Spybot-S&D which you should have
    installed anyhow. I just gave you that link as it answer'd your
    question.

    --
    , Dec 8, 2004
  7. Some1

    Guest

    On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:13:43 -0500, "ImhoTech" <>
    wrote:

    |> > Most people use TeaTimer, bundled with Spybot-S&D.
    |> > http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
    |> >

    |> How the **** wold you know what "most" people do?

    The program comes bundled with Spybot-S&D which this group links to
    everybody and a should have program. The statement is a given.

    Little clue here dude.

    --
    , Dec 8, 2004
  8. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Wed,
    8 Dec 2004 14:13:43 -0500, "ImhoTech" <> screamed
    from behind the mulberry bush:

    ><> wrote in message

    >> Most people use TeaTimer, bundled with Spybot-S&D.
    >> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
    >>
    >> I use Prevx, which I think is much better.
    >> http://www1.prevx.com/prevxhome.asp
    >>

    >> --

    >How the **** wold you know what "most" people do?

    She's psychic. Or is that psychotic? I forget.......
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Dec 9, 2004