    STi 7126 chip, it can record 2 channels on the same mux and watch a 3rd.

    Note: It does use a custom format for the hard drive so you cant put
    the recordings onto a PC.
    Roger Brown, Mar 20, 2012

  2. Roger Brown

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Roger Brown <> wrote in
    news::

    > Note: It does use a custom format for the hard drive so you cant put
    > the recordings onto a PC.

    Probably almost all will do that now. Thanks for keeping up the research.
    :)

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Mar 20, 2012

  3. Roger Brown

    Richard Guest

    On 3/20/2012 8:12 PM, Roger Brown wrote:

    > Yes have tested 2 PVR boxes that have a EPG recording options, if you
    > try to set recordings for TV3+1 they all get set for TV3 times, not the
    > delayed times.
    >
    > One firm got back to me regarding this and stated that it was a Freeview
    > thing..

    Failing to see how this is a problem sorry.

    > One box that I can recommend is the DTVS-T1 no reception problems so
    > far and a decent laid out remote, not like the 2 T1020, that I had but
    > got my money back.
    >
    > STi 7126 chip, it can record 2 channels on the same mux and watch a 3rd.
    >
    > Note: It does use a custom format for the hard drive so you cant put
    > the recordings onto a PC.

    I think they all do that to be freeview approved because they are
    paranoid that someone will get the stuff off that rather than just
    directly snatching the in the clear DVB-T stream. Idiocy IMO since other
    devices even let you copy off it over the network.
    Richard, Mar 25, 2012
  4. On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 16:55:19 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    >On 3/20/2012 8:12 PM, Roger Brown wrote:
    >>

    >> Yes have tested 2 PVR boxes that have a EPG recording options, if you
    >> try to set recordings for TV3+1 they all get set for TV3 times, not the
    >> delayed times.
    >>
    >> One firm got back to me regarding this and stated that it was a Freeview
    >> thing..

    >Failing to see how this is a problem sorry.

    I wanted to record a program that I misted the start off so tried TV8 no
    luck at all thinks its TV3..

    >> One box that I can recommend is the DTVS-T1 no reception problems so
    >> far and a decent laid out remote, not like the 2 T1020, that I had but
    >> got my money back.
    >>
    >> STi 7126 chip, it can record 2 channels on the same mux and watch a 3rd.
    >>
    >> Note: It does use a custom format for the hard drive so you cant put
    >> the recordings onto a PC.

    >I think they all do that to be freeview approved because they are
    >paranoid that someone will get the stuff off that rather than just
    >directly snatching the in the clear DVB-T stream. Idiocy IMO since other
    >devices even let you copy off it over the network.

    Yes but only in SD.
    Frank Williams, Mar 25, 2012