    think they are having Transmission problems, the normal thing when you
    have crap equipments or may be crap people running it, or is this Gov
    cut backs..?

    Frank Williams, Jan 5, 2012

  2. Frank Williams

    Geopelia Guest

    "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
    > National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
    > will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
    > be the only county with No free TV..?
    >
    > The so called Freeview is turning out to be a utter Joke with 4 channels
    > to close, 2 have all ready closed, the Sports CH , and Stratos.
    >
    > Seem more like Sky TV is running the country now.
    >
    > What a sad country we live in..
    >
    > Lots of complaints of Bad reception problems in the Kapiti coast in the
    > last 2 weeks, I am getting the same, my mate in the trade seems to
    > think they are having Transmission problems, the normal thing when you
    > have crap equipments or may be crap people running it, or is this Gov
    > cut backs..?

    Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?

    Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.

    Geopelia, Jan 5, 2012

  3. Frank Williams

    Ted Guest

    On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:34:21 +1300, "Geopelia" <>
    wrote:

    >"Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
    >> National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
    >> will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
    >> be the only county with No free TV..?
    >>
    >> The so called Freeview is turning out to be a utter Joke with 4 channels
    >> to close, 2 have all ready closed, the Sports CH , and Stratos.
    >>
    >> Seem more like Sky TV is running the country now.
    >>
    >> What a sad country we live in..
    >>
    >> Lots of complaints of Bad reception problems in the Kapiti coast in the
    >> last 2 weeks, I am getting the same, my mate in the trade seems to
    >> think they are having Transmission problems, the normal thing when you
    >> have crap equipments or may be crap people running it, or is this Gov
    >> cut backs..?
    >>

    >Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?
    >
    >Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.

    I'm sure that Sky and the government could come to a mutually
    satisfactory arrangement. The effect on the rest of us would be
    another matter.

    Ted, Jan 5, 2012
  4. Frank Williams

    -Newsman- Guest

    wrote:

    >"Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
    >> National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
    >> will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
    >> be the only county with No free TV..?
    >>
    >> The so called Freeview is turning out to be a utter Joke with 4 channels
    >> to close, 2 have all ready closed, the Sports CH , and Stratos.
    >>
    >> Seem more like Sky TV is running the country now.
    >>
    >> What a sad country we live in..
    >>
    >> Lots of complaints of Bad reception problems in the Kapiti coast in the
    >> last 2 weeks, I am getting the same, my mate in the trade seems to
    >> think they are having Transmission problems, the normal thing when you
    >> have crap equipments or may be crap people running it, or is this Gov
    >> cut backs..?
    >>

    >Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?

    TV1 and TV2 are not free. They are funded from your taxes.

    >Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.

    Sky has long since taken over the government.

    The crass philistinism pervading TV1 and TV2 nowadays - all of it
    condoned by the corporate 'Ignorance is Profit for our Foreign Mates''
    cockroaches that now infest the Beehive - is all the proof you need.

    -Newsman-, Jan 5, 2012
  5. On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:34:21 +1300, "Geopelia" <>
    wrote:

    >"Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
    >> National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
    >> will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
    >> be the only county with No free TV..?
    >>
    >> The so called Freeview is turning out to be a utter Joke with 4 channels
    >> to close, 2 have all ready closed, the Sports CH , and Stratos.
    >>
    >> Seem more like Sky TV is running the country now.
    >>
    >> What a sad country we live in..
    >>
    >> Lots of complaints of Bad reception problems in the Kapiti coast in the
    >> last 2 weeks, I am getting the same, my mate in the trade seems to
    >> think they are having Transmission problems, the normal thing when you
    >> have crap equipments or may be crap people running it, or is this Gov
    >> cut backs..?
    >>

    >Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?
    >
    >Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.

    From what I was told NO FREE TV at all.

    Frank Williams, Jan 5, 2012
  6. Frank Williams

    victor Guest

    On 6/01/2012 12:59 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
    > On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:34:21 +1300, "Geopelia"<>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> "Frank Williams"<> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
    >>> National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
    >>> will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
    >>> be the only county with No free TV..?
    >>>
    >>> The so called Freeview is turning out to be a utter Joke with 4 channels
    >>> to close, 2 have all ready closed, the Sports CH , and Stratos.
    >>>
    >>> Seem more like Sky TV is running the country now.
    >>>
    >>> What a sad country we live in..
    >>>
    >>> Lots of complaints of Bad reception problems in the Kapiti coast in the
    >>> last 2 weeks, I am getting the same, my mate in the trade seems to
    >>> think they are having Transmission problems, the normal thing when you
    >>> have crap equipments or may be crap people running it, or is this Gov
    >>> cut backs..?
    >>>

    >> Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?
    >>
    >> Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.
    >>

    > From what I was told NO FREE TV at all.

    I expect it is wrong because sky only has subscriptions from 48% of
    households, and the broadcasters who own Freeview are happy with the ad
    supported free to air model. Kordia who provide transmission services to
    both Freeview and Sky are an SOE so the government doesn't lose either way.
    Is your mate the usual local clot with an appliance shop who you quote
    as the font of all wisdom ?
    But good riddance anyway, less x-factor and kalgoolie cops is all good.

    victor, Jan 6, 2012
  7. Frank Williams

    > On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:34:21 +1300, "Geopelia" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
    >>> National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
    >>> will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
    >>> be the only county with No free TV..?
    >>>
    >>> The so called Freeview is turning out to be a utter Joke with 4 channels
    >>> to close, 2 have all ready closed, the Sports CH , and Stratos.
    >>>
    >>> Seem more like Sky TV is running the country now.
    >>>
    >>> What a sad country we live in..
    >>>
    >>> Lots of complaints of Bad reception problems in the Kapiti coast in the
    >>> last 2 weeks, I am getting the same, my mate in the trade seems to
    >>> think they are having Transmission problems, the normal thing when you
    >>> have crap equipments or may be crap people running it, or is this Gov
    >>> cut backs..?
    >>>

    >>Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?
    >>
    >>Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.
    >>

    > From what I was told NO FREE TV at all.

    As long as it doesn't cost any more than the old TV licence, and we get the
    sports programs back that Sky has pinched,
    people will probably be willing to pay.

    But with a computer and the radio, and DVDs for hire, how long will
    expensive TV programs still keep going? If many people won't pay for Sky now
    (like us), won't the new pay programs meet with the same resistance?

    They will have to make the programs worth the money. How many people would
    bother with Coronation Street as it has deteriorated over the last few
    years, if they had to pay for it?
    And will people still stand for all the ad breaks and repeats?

    One big question, will people be charged for the programs they watch, or for
    just having a set in the home whether switched on or not? Will there be some
    sort of meter?

    How much would you be willing to pay per week?
    $5, $10, $20? That's $260, $520, $1040 per year!
    Think about it.

    I grew up before TV, and it wouldn't worry me to drop it.

    Geopelia, Jan 6, 2012
  8. On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 15:02:36 +1300, victor <> wrote:

    >On 6/01/2012 12:59 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
    >> On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:34:21 +1300, "Geopelia"<>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Frank Williams"<> wrote in message

    >>> Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?
    >>>
    >>> Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.
    >>>

    >> From what I was told NO FREE TV at all.

    >I expect it is wrong because sky only has subscriptions from 48% of
    >households, and the broadcasters who own Freeview are happy with the ad
    >supported free to air model. Kordia who provide transmission services to
    >both Freeview and Sky are an SOE so the government doesn't lose either way.
    >Is your mate the usual local clot with an appliance shop who you quote
    >as the font of all wisdom ?
    >But good riddance anyway, less x-factor and kalgoolie cops is all good.

    And NZ will be the ONLY country with out Free TV..

    Frank Williams, Jan 6, 2012
  9. On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 17:19:06 +1300, "Geopelia" <>
    wrote:

    >"Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:34:21 +1300, "Geopelia" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Frank Williams" <> wrote in message

    >>>Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?
    >>>
    >>>Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.
    >>>

    >> From what I was told NO FREE TV at all.

    >As long as it doesn't cost any more than the old TV licence, and we get the
    >sports programs back that Sky has pinched,
    >people will probably be willing to pay.
    >
    >But with a computer and the radio, and DVDs for hire, how long will
    >expensive TV programs still keep going? If many people won't pay for Sky now
    >(like us), won't the new pay programs meet with the same resistance?
    >
    >They will have to make the programs worth the money. How many people would
    >bother with Coronation Street as it has deteriorated over the last few
    >years, if they had to pay for it?
    >And will people still stand for all the ad breaks and repeats?
    >
    >One big question, will people be charged for the programs they watch, or for
    >just having a set in the home whether switched on or not? Will there be some
    >sort of meter?
    >
    >How much would you be willing to pay per week?
    >$5, $10, $20? That's $260, $520, $1040 per year!
    >Think about it.
    >
    >I grew up before TV, and it wouldn't worry me to drop it.

    So NZ will end up the most Backwards country in the World, to me its 90%
    there already..

    Frank Williams, Jan 6, 2012
  10. Frank Williams

    Ted Guest

    On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 18:58:28 +1300, Frank Williams
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 17:19:06 +1300, "Geopelia" <>
    >wrote:

    >>I grew up before TV, and it wouldn't worry me to drop it.

    >So NZ will end up the most Backwards country in the World, to me its 90%
    >there already..

    No, no, Frank! Without the TV-induced mind rot, NZ will end up the
    most clear-thinking country in the world.

    Ted, Jan 6, 2012
  11. Frank Williams

    Gib Bogle Guest

    On 6/01/2012 10:34 a.m., Geopelia wrote:
    > "Frank Williams"<> wrote in message
    >>

    >> A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
    >> National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
    >> will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
    >> be the only county with No free TV..?
    >>
    >> The so called Freeview is turning out to be a utter Joke with 4 channels
    >> to close, 2 have all ready closed, the Sports CH , and Stratos.
    >>
    >> Seem more like Sky TV is running the country now.
    >>
    >> What a sad country we live in..
    >>
    >> Lots of complaints of Bad reception problems in the Kapiti coast in the
    >> last 2 weeks, I am getting the same, my mate in the trade seems to
    >> think they are having Transmission problems, the normal thing when you
    >> have crap equipments or may be crap people running it, or is this Gov
    >> cut backs..?
    >>

    > Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?
    >
    > Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.

    It's more likely that Sky will take over the government. Murdoch is
    after all the most powerful man in the world.

    Gib Bogle, Jan 6, 2012
  12. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-01-05, Frank Williams <> wrote:

    > A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
    > National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
    > will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
    > be the only county with No free TV..?

    Freeview is a marketing name to get people to go digital. Allows fergis to
    do his thing.

    Now TV7, the free from ads viewing has been cut as of 30 June this year.

    Yes, TV is going down to lowest common denominator.

    Gordon, Jan 6, 2012
  13. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-01-05, Geopelia <> wrote:

    > "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
    >> National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
    >> will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
    >> be the only county with No free TV..?
    >>
    >> The so called Freeview is turning out to be a utter Joke with 4 channels
    >> to close, 2 have all ready closed, the Sports CH , and Stratos.
    >>
    >> Seem more like Sky TV is running the country now.
    >>
    >> What a sad country we live in..
    >>
    >> Lots of complaints of Bad reception problems in the Kapiti coast in the
    >> last 2 weeks, I am getting the same, my mate in the trade seems to
    >> think they are having Transmission problems, the normal thing when you
    >> have crap equipments or may be crap people running it, or is this Gov
    >> cut backs..?
    >>

    > Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?

    Nope, they are paid for by ads.

    Gordon, Jan 6, 2012
  14. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-01-06, Geopelia <> wrote:

    > "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message

    [Snip about possibility of no more "free' TV]

    > How much would you be willing to pay per week?
    > $5, $10, $20? That's $260, $520, $1040 per year!
    > Think about it.

    While on this matter, TV7 costs a mere $15 million a year to run, which
    sounds a great deal until you do the maths.

    Lets say it cost $16 million per year and there are 4 million people in NZ.
    That is $4 per year per person. Now say 10% watch, that is $40/year, or
    80 cents per *week*. Slightly more than the cost of sending a letter, less
    than newspaper.

    It is a pity that the viewers could not pay the $1 for a good programme
    easily, I am sure TV7 would pay for itself. And make a profit

    Gordon, Jan 6, 2012
  15. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-01-06, Ted <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 18:58:28 +1300, Frank Williams
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 17:19:06 +1300, "Geopelia" <>
    >>wrote:

    >>>I grew up before TV, and it wouldn't worry me to drop it.

    >>So NZ will end up the most Backwards country in the World, to me its 90%
    >>there already..

    > No, no, Frank! Without the TV-induced mind rot, NZ will end up the
    > most clear-thinking country in the world.

    And that is going to cause some people great concern.

    Gordon, Jan 6, 2012
  16. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-01-06, geoff <> wrote:
    > -Newsman- wrote:
    >> On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:34:21 +1300, "Geopelia" <>
    >>>
    >>> Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?

    >> TV1 and TV2 are not free. They are funded from your taxes.
    >>>
    >>> Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.

    >> Sky has long since taken over the government.
    >>
    >> The crass philistinism pervading TV1 and TV2 nowadays - all of it
    >> condoned by the corporate 'Ignorance is Profit for our Foreign Mates''
    >> cockroaches that now infest the Beehive - is all the proof you need.

    > Even One is barely worth watching these days. All yank crap, cooking, and
    > 'reality'.

    Psst, are you able to get TV7? I watch it alot and yet to have it any of the
    above on it. In fact it actually has some US of A programmes which are
    interesting. No ads makes them much more enjoyable to watch

    Gordon, Jan 6, 2012
  17. Frank Williams

    victor Guest

    On 6/01/2012 10:15 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:

    > OZZ and Canada still have a free advert channels also in the UK but
    > you need a licence that's not cheap.
    >
    > So NZ will be the only Commonwealth country with out one..

    Hooray

    victor, Jan 6, 2012
  18. Frank Williams

    victor Guest

    On 6/01/2012 7:09 p.m., Ted wrote:
    > On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 18:58:28 +1300, Frank Williams
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 17:19:06 +1300, "Geopelia"<>
    >> wrote:

    >>> I grew up before TV, and it wouldn't worry me to drop it.

    >> So NZ will end up the most Backwards country in the World, to me its 90%
    >> there already..

    > No, no, Frank! Without the TV-induced mind rot, NZ will end up the
    > most clear-thinking country in the world.

    And healthy too.
    Fast food chains will die.
    Bunnings and Mitre 10 Mega will only be able to do flyers in letterboxes.

    victor, Jan 6, 2012
  19. Frank Williams

    Geopelia Guest

    "Gib Bogle" <> wrote in message
    > On 6/01/2012 10:34 a.m., Geopelia wrote:
    >> "Frank Williams"<> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> A friend in the trade is stating no more Freeview, seems like the
    >>> National Party does not like Free TV, so the New Igloo (Freeview Plus)
    >>> will be the thing as the Gov will get a 49% cut out of that, so will NZ
    >>> be the only county with No free TV..?
    >>>
    >>> The so called Freeview is turning out to be a utter Joke with 4 channels
    >>> to close, 2 have all ready closed, the Sports CH , and Stratos.
    >>>
    >>> Seem more like Sky TV is running the country now.
    >>>
    >>> What a sad country we live in..
    >>>
    >>> Lots of complaints of Bad reception problems in the Kapiti coast in the
    >>> last 2 weeks, I am getting the same, my mate in the trade seems to
    >>> think they are having Transmission problems, the normal thing when you
    >>> have crap equipments or may be crap people running it, or is this Gov
    >>> cut backs..?
    >>>

    >> Will TVOne, Two, Three etc still be free?
    >>
    >> Perhaps the government needs to take over Sky.

    > It's more likely that Sky will take over the government. Murdoch is after
    > all the most powerful man in the world.

    If he could scrap the News of the World as he did, he could scrap Sky just
    the same.

    Geopelia, Jan 6, 2012
  20. Frank Williams

    Dave Doe Guest