    Dishes are still there.

    Kordia in the past have confirmed this problem but it still coming back..

    No one wishes to spend any money to fix it from what I was told..

    Woger, Jun 29, 2009

  2. On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 18:46:18 +1200, Woger <> wrote:

    >Most of the Day, its a problem with the System at Ngarara at Waikanae beach.
    >
    >Its also affecting the Analog that gets sent from them to another translator
    >at Tunapo Paekakariki
    >
    >These faults seem to come at the same time, this site at Ngarara gets its
    >feeds from Kaukau Wellington but is this the same place they get there
    >Digital from.?
    >
    >This site Ngarara is or was the Microwave link to Auckland or part of the
    >Post office system way back, have not seen it for some time to see if the
    >Dishes are still there.
    >
    >Kordia in the past have confirmed this problem but it still coming back..
    >
    >No one wishes to spend any money to fix it from what I was told..

    Sounds like you need to call the local reporters and see if they want
    to investigate. Ongoing stories in the papers are likely to make them
    want to fix it.

    Stephen Worthington, Jun 29, 2009

  3. Woger

    Woger Guest

    Re: Freeview playing up again & again

    On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 21:21:04 +1200, Stephen Worthington
    <34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote:

    >On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 18:46:18 +1200, Woger <> wrote:
    >

    >>Most of the Day, its a problem with the System at Ngarara at Waikanae beach.
    >>
    >>Its also affecting the Analog that gets sent from them to another translator
    >>at Tunapo Paekakariki
    >>
    >>These faults seem to come at the same time, this site at Ngarara gets its
    >>feeds from Kaukau Wellington but is this the same place they get there
    >>Digital from.?
    >>
    >>This site Ngarara is or was the Microwave link to Auckland or part of the
    >>Post office system way back, have not seen it for some time to see if the
    >>Dishes are still there.
    >>
    >>Kordia in the past have confirmed this problem but it still coming back..
    >>
    >>No one wishes to spend any money to fix it from what I was told..

    >Sounds like you need to call the local reporters and see if they want
    >to investigate. Ongoing stories in the papers are likely to make them
    >want to fix it.

    Well its still not Fixed some 24 hours later, so what is the Point in buying a
    $2000 that you can realy use..

    Woger, Jun 30, 2009
  4. Re: Freeview playing up again & again

    On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 19:14:12 +1200, Woger <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 21:21:04 +1200, Stephen Worthington
    ><34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 18:46:18 +1200, Woger <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Most of the Day, its a problem with the System at Ngarara at Waikanae beach.
    >>>
    >>>Its also affecting the Analog that gets sent from them to another translator
    >>>at Tunapo Paekakariki
    >>>
    >>>These faults seem to come at the same time, this site at Ngarara gets its
    >>>feeds from Kaukau Wellington but is this the same place they get there
    >>>Digital from.?
    >>>
    >>>This site Ngarara is or was the Microwave link to Auckland or part of the
    >>>Post office system way back, have not seen it for some time to see if the
    >>>Dishes are still there.
    >>>
    >>>Kordia in the past have confirmed this problem but it still coming back..
    >>>
    >>>No one wishes to spend any money to fix it from what I was told..

    >>Sounds like you need to call the local reporters and see if they want
    >>to investigate. Ongoing stories in the papers are likely to make them
    >>want to fix it.

    >Well its still not Fixed some 24 hours later, so what is the Point in buying a
    >$2000 that you can realy use..

    What do Kordia say when you advise them of these repeated outages?

    Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce, Jun 30, 2009
  5. Woger

    Woger Guest

    Re: Freeview playing up again & again

    On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 20:52:38 +1200, Collector€NZ <>
    wrote:

    >Woger wrote:
    >> On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 21:21:04 +1200, Stephen Worthington
    >> <34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote:

    >>> Sounds like you need to call the local reporters and see if they want
    >>> to investigate. Ongoing stories in the papers are likely to make them
    >>> want to fix it.

    >> Well its still not Fixed some 24 hours later, so what is the Point in buying a
    >> $2000 that you can realy use..
    >>

    >Thats why you buy a cheap one, then pay the balance to get someone with
    >skills to set it up

    ??????????????????????

    Woger, Jun 30, 2009
  6. Re: Freeview playing up again & again

    In message <>, Woger wrote:

    > ... so what is the Point in buying a $2000 that you can realy use..

    Depends on how much you paid for that $2000, I guess. If it was less than
    $2000, then you made on the deal. If it was more, then you lost.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 5, 2009
  7. Woger

    Richard Guest

    Woger wrote:
    > On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 12:16:27 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    > <_zealand> wrote:
    >
    >> In message <>, Woger wrote:
    >>
    >>> ... so what is the Point in buying a $2000 that you can realy use..

    >> Depends on how much you paid for that $2000, I guess. If it was less than
    >> $2000, then you made on the deal. If it was more, then you lost.

    > Yes just under that.

    What exactly did you buy for just under $2000?

    > But the problems that I was having was caused I think by my Masthead Amp
    > loosing gain, only affected Freeview and the TV1-2 Analog ones but Not the TV3
    > & Prime UHF analog ones.

    masthead amp? Shouldnt need one for digital since it has a much lower
    signal requirement to work, and the cross modulation that a cheap crap
    wideband amp makes when fed with an entire 3/4 GHz slice of spectrum
    with other higher power users in it really kill digital but only put a
    little bit of herringbone on top of analog.

    > It cleared it self a few days later.
    >
    > But it seems from what I have read and what was on the Radio this morning that
    > Freeview is a Dead duck, I am referring to the UK one as well see my other
    > posts on NZ.tech..

    No, you read and heard something else, and misinterprited into the posts
    that you made.

    Richard, Jul 5, 2009
  8. Woger

    On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 10:41:44 +1200, Richard <> wrote:

    >Woger wrote:
    >> On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 12:16:27 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    >> <_zealand> wrote:

    >>> Depends on how much you paid for that $2000, I guess. If it was less than
    >>> $2000, then you made on the deal. If it was more, then you lost.

    >> Yes just under that.

    >What exactly did you buy for just under $2000?

    Dog Puu
    >> But the problems that I was having was caused I think by my Masthead Amp
    >> loosing gain, only affected Freeview and the TV1-2 Analog ones but Not the TV3
    >> & Prime UHF analog ones.

    >masthead amp? Shouldnt need one for digital since it has a much lower
    >signal requirement to work, and the cross modulation that a cheap crap
    >wideband amp makes when fed with an entire 3/4 GHz slice of spectrum
    >with other higher power users in it really kill digital but only put a
    >little bit of herringbone on top of analog.

    You know nothing about TV at all, I have a 4 way splitter and that is Why you
    need a masthead amp, and its made by GME Kingray, that is not a cheap brand,
    plus its used as a diplexer for the VHF III band..

    >> It cleared it self a few days later.
    >>
    >> But it seems from what I have read and what was on the Radio this morning that
    >> Freeview is a Dead duck, I am referring to the UK one as well see my other
    >> posts on NZ.tech..

    >No, you read and heard something else, and misinterprited into the posts
    >that you made.

    No Facts are Facts..

    Woger, Jul 6, 2009
  9. Woger

    victor Guest

    Woger wrote:
    > On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 10:41:44 +1200, Richard <> wrote:
    >
    >> Woger wrote:

    >>> Yes just under that.

    >> What exactly did you buy for just under $2000?

    > Dog Puu
    >>> But the problems that I was having was caused I think by my Masthead Amp
    >>> loosing gain, only affected Freeview and the TV1-2 Analog ones but Not the TV3
    >>> & Prime UHF analog ones.

    >> masthead amp? Shouldnt need one for digital since it has a much lower
    >> signal requirement to work, and the cross modulation that a cheap crap
    >> wideband amp makes when fed with an entire 3/4 GHz slice of spectrum
    >> with other higher power users in it really kill digital but only put a
    >> little bit of herringbone on top of analog.

    > You know nothing about TV at all, I have a 4 way splitter and that is Why you
    > need a masthead amp, and its made by GME Kingray, that is not a cheap brand,
    > plus its used as a diplexer for the VHF III band..

    Perhaps you should try getting rid of the diplexer and put up an antenna
    solely for the digital
    I have found that a simple whip works better in my location for DVB-T
    than my old analog antenna.

    >>> It cleared it self a few days later.
    >>>
    >>> But it seems from what I have read and what was on the Radio this morning that
    >>> Freeview is a Dead duck, I am referring to the UK one as well see my other
    >>> posts on NZ.tech..

    >> No, you read and heard something else, and misinterprited into the posts
    >> that you made.

    > No Facts are Facts..

    And making stuff up is just that.
    The radio spectrum has been re allocated for digital television and in
    future the only free to air option will be Freeview.

    victor, Jul 6, 2009
  10. Woger

    Richard Guest

    Woger wrote:

    >> What exactly did you buy for just under $2000?

    > Dog Puu

    Yeah, wouldnt put it past you

    >> masthead amp? Shouldnt need one for digital since it has a much lower
    >> signal requirement to work, and the cross modulation that a cheap crap
    >> wideband amp makes when fed with an entire 3/4 GHz slice of spectrum
    >> with other higher power users in it really kill digital but only put a
    >> little bit of herringbone on top of analog.

    > You know nothing about TV at all, I have a 4 way splitter and that is Why you
    > need a masthead amp, and its made by GME Kingray, that is not a cheap brand,
    > plus its used as a diplexer for the VHF III band..

    I have an 8 way splitter, and off one port of that another 4 way. No
    masthead because I am using a distribution amp which is what is designed
    for that. A masthead is to take weak signals up to a level that is
    usable by a single reciever.

    Also the last kingray I looked at had a bare board in a flimsy plastic
    box with saddleclamp terminals - IMO a piece of shit thats not gonna
    last. Still, better then some which just had spring terminals.

    what magic have gme put into this amp to stop it overloading when
    someone uses a PRS or similar nearby - hell, even FM overload is a
    problem with masthead amps, does yours have an FM trap in it?

    Loose the junk, get a dist amp with F connectors, direct cable to the
    UHF since you have no need for a band I or III antenna now and see how
    you go.

    >>> It cleared it self a few days later.
    >>>
    >>> But it seems from what I have read and what was on the Radio this morning that
    >>> Freeview is a Dead duck, I am referring to the UK one as well see my other
    >>> posts on NZ.tech..

    >> No, you read and heard something else, and misinterprited into the posts
    >> that you made.

    > No Facts are Facts..

    Yes, and you are posting your interpritation of what has being given,
    and the majorty seem to think that its wrong. go figure.

    Richard, Jul 6, 2009
  11. Woger

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > Woger wrote:
    >
    >>> What exactly did you buy for just under $2000?

    >> Dog Puu

    > Yeah, wouldnt put it past you
    >

    >>> masthead amp? Shouldnt need one for digital since it has a much lower
    >>> signal requirement to work, and the cross modulation that a cheap crap
    >>> wideband amp makes when fed with an entire 3/4 GHz slice of spectrum
    >>> with other higher power users in it really kill digital but only put a
    >>> little bit of herringbone on top of analog.

    >> You know nothing about TV at all, I have a 4 way splitter and that is
    >> Why you
    >> need a masthead amp, and its made by GME Kingray, that is not a cheap
    >> brand,
    >> plus its used as a diplexer for the VHF III band..

    > I have an 8 way splitter, and off one port of that another 4 way. No
    > masthead because I am using a distribution amp which is what is designed
    > for that. A masthead is to take weak signals up to a level that is usable
    > by a single reciever.
    >
    > Also the last kingray I looked at had a bare board in a flimsy plastic box
    > with saddleclamp terminals - IMO a piece of shit thats not gonna last.
    > Still, better then some which just had spring terminals.
    >
    > what magic have gme put into this amp to stop it overloading when someone
    > uses a PRS or similar nearby - hell, even FM overload is a problem with
    > masthead amps, does yours have an FM trap in it?
    >
    > Loose the junk, get a dist amp with F connectors, direct cable to the UHF
    > since you have no need for a band I or III antenna now and see how you go.

    He still needs analogue remember he has 6 vcrs ..

    Craig Sutton, Jul 6, 2009
  12. Woger

    Woger Guest

    Re: Freeview playing up again & again

    On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 01:58:18 +1200, "Craig Sutton" <>
    wrote:

    >"Richard" <> wrote in message

    >>> Dog Puu

    >> Yeah, wouldnt put it past you

    >>> You know nothing about TV at all, I have a 4 way splitter and that is
    >>> Why you
    >>> need a masthead amp, and its made by GME Kingray, that is not a cheap
    >>> brand,
    >>> plus its used as a diplexer for the VHF III band..

    >> I have an 8 way splitter, and off one port of that another 4 way. No
    >> masthead because I am using a distribution amp which is what is designed
    >> for that. A masthead is to take weak signals up to a level that is usable
    >> by a single reciever.
    >>
    >> Also the last kingray I looked at had a bare board in a flimsy plastic box
    >> with saddleclamp terminals - IMO a piece of shit thats not gonna last.
    >> Still, better then some which just had spring terminals.
    >>
    >> what magic have gme put into this amp to stop it overloading when someone
    >> uses a PRS or similar nearby - hell, even FM overload is a problem with
    >> masthead amps, does yours have an FM trap in it?
    >>
    >> Loose the junk, get a dist amp with F connectors, direct cable to the UHF
    >> since you have no need for a band I or III antenna now and see how you go.
    >>

    >He still needs analogue remember he has 6 vcrs ..

    The VHF III TV1&2 is used as a backup and feeds to the TV's in other rooms,
    seems to me this chap needs a brain..

    Woger, Jul 7, 2009
  13. Woger

    Richard Guest

    Woger wrote:

    > The VHF III TV1&2 is used as a backup and feeds to the TV's in other rooms,
    > seems to me this chap needs a brain..

    So why take the band 3 and all the noise that the amp brings in to the
    freeview tuner that only deals with digital on UHF?

    Richard, Jul 7, 2009