    Connected to TV via standard SCART lead.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Feb 1, 2006

  2. Kenny

    SJP Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    news:drq04s$el9$...
    > Only recently got Freewiew but the picture seems a bit washed out, colours
    > not as vibrant as "normal" TV picture. Thought it was faulty so got it
    > replaced for different brand but still the same.
    > Is this normal for Freeview?
    > Could it be a problem with my TV?
    > Connected to TV via standard SCART lead.

    My freeview pic is fine. Do you have freeview box connected via quality
    scart cable?

    SJP, Feb 1, 2006

  3. Kenny

    dfrog Guest

    "SJP" <> wrote in message

    > "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    >> Only recently got Freewiew but the picture seems a bit washed out,
    >> colours not as vibrant as "normal" TV picture. Thought it was faulty so
    >> got it replaced for different brand but still the same.
    >> Is this normal for Freeview?
    >> Could it be a problem with my TV?
    >> Connected to TV via standard SCART lead.
    >>

    > My freeview pic is fine. Do you have freeview box connected via quality
    > scart cable?

    I just got Freeview for first time also, always had what I considered a good
    picture on analogue, but had a wide band arial fitted after 1 week and
    picture quality improved considerably (as did ability to receive all
    freeview channels without breakup:) )

    dfrog

    dfrog, Feb 1, 2006
  4. Kenny

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-02-01, Kenny <> wrote:
    > Only recently got Freewiew but the picture seems a bit washed out, colours
    > not as vibrant as "normal" TV picture. Thought it was faulty so got it
    > replaced for different brand but still the same.
    > Is this normal for Freeview?
    > Could it be a problem with my TV?
    > Connected to TV via standard SCART lead.

    I find that the digital picture lacks some of the 'depth' and 'subtlety'
    of the analogue version; that shouldn't be entirely surprising - after
    all, the digital channel takes up a lot less bandwidth than the analogue
    so some of the information has to be lost. Most of the interference is
    also lost, of course.

    Try adjusting the 'colour', 'brightness', and 'contrast', settings on the
    TV.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Feb 1, 2006
  5. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Thanks for the replies. Adjusting contrast etc. does improve the quality
    but then when I then switch back to normal channels these settings are too
    high.
    Before anyone says don't use the ordinary channels I live in N. Ireland and
    we have 5 Irish channels besides the 5 UK ones and these aren't on Freeview.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Feb 1, 2006