    to the old 1, 2, 3 etc

    Thanks,

    Nick

    Nick Rennie, Jan 10, 2010

  2. Nick Rennie

    EMB Guest

    On 11/01/2010 11:46 a.m., Nick Rennie wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can you with the Freeviw HD aerial (not the sat dish) pick up the normal TV
    > signal as well? So if you had say 3 TVs connected up to the aerial you
    > could have your Freeview decoder on one TV and the other 2 TVs just tuned in
    > to the old 1, 2, 3 etc

    No you can't as the Freeview aerial is for the UHF band and 1,2 and 3
    are transmitted on the VHF band. You will however probably be able to
    get the analog UHF channels such as Prime.

    EMB, Jan 10, 2010

  3. Nick Rennie

    Apteryx Guest

    Nick Rennie wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can you with the Freeviw HD aerial (not the sat dish) pick up the normal TV
    > signal as well? So if you had say 3 TVs connected up to the aerial you
    > could have your Freeview decoder on one TV and the other 2 TVs just tuned in
    > to the old 1, 2, 3 etc
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Nick

    It depends what reception is like in your area. If rabbits ears give you
    an OK picture from VHF, an outdoor UHF aerial (like for Freeview) should
    give you a better one. Just not as good as a proper outdoor VHF aerial.

    I have Sky Digital, but on the rare occasions I need to tune to analogue
    TV I use the UHF aerial that was installed earlier for Sky UHF.
    Sometimes there is a problem with TV3 on that aerial in my area.

    Apteryx

    Apteryx, Jan 10, 2010
  4. Nick Rennie

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:46:36 +1300, "Nick Rennie" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Can you with the Freeviw HD aerial (not the sat dish) pick up the normal TV
    >signal as well? So if you had say 3 TVs connected up to the aerial you
    >could have your Freeview decoder on one TV and the other 2 TVs just tuned in
    >to the old 1, 2, 3 etc
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Nick

    Freeview Teresteral is UHF, and I don't think that any TV1.2.3 channels use
    it..

    Mary Hanna, Jan 11, 2010
  5. Nick Rennie

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:54:05 +1300, Apteryx <> wrote:

    >Nick Rennie wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Can you with the Freeviw HD aerial (not the sat dish) pick up the normal TV
    >> signal as well? So if you had say 3 TVs connected up to the aerial you
    >> could have your Freeview decoder on one TV and the other 2 TVs just tuned in
    >> to the old 1, 2, 3 etc
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Nick

    >It depends what reception is like in your area. If rabbits ears give you
    >an OK picture from VHF, an outdoor UHF aerial (like for Freeview) should
    >give you a better one. Just not as good as a proper outdoor VHF aerial.
    >
    >I have Sky Digital, but on the rare occasions I need to tune to analogue
    >TV I use the UHF aerial that was installed earlier for Sky UHF.
    >Sometimes there is a problem with TV3 on that aerial in my area.
    >
    >Apteryx

    You can't use a UHF aerial on TV1.2.3 and Rabbits ears are a Total Joke..

    Do not use them..

    Mary Hanna, Jan 11, 2010
  6. Nick Rennie

    Apteryx Guest

    Mary Hanna wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:54:05 +1300, Apteryx <> wrote:
    >
    >> Nick Rennie wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Can you with the Freeviw HD aerial (not the sat dish) pick up the normal TV
    >>> signal as well? So if you had say 3 TVs connected up to the aerial you
    >>> could have your Freeview decoder on one TV and the other 2 TVs just tuned in
    >>> to the old 1, 2, 3 etc
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Nick

    >> It depends what reception is like in your area. If rabbits ears give you
    >> an OK picture from VHF, an outdoor UHF aerial (like for Freeview) should
    >> give you a better one. Just not as good as a proper outdoor VHF aerial.
    >>
    >> I have Sky Digital, but on the rare occasions I need to tune to analogue
    >> TV I use the UHF aerial that was installed earlier for Sky UHF.
    >> Sometimes there is a problem with TV3 on that aerial in my area.
    >>
    >> Apteryx

    > You can't use a UHF aerial on TV1.2.3 and Rabbits ears are a Total Joke..
    >
    > Do not use them..

    Sorry. I'll stop using my UHF aerial for them now if it offends you that
    much...

    Apteryx

    Apteryx, Jan 11, 2010
  7. Nick Rennie

    Richard Guest

    Mary Hanna wrote:

    > You can't use a UHF aerial on TV1.2.3 and Rabbits ears are a Total Joke..
    >
    > Do not use them..

    Work fine for me here other than TV1 because its on VHF-low that doesnt
    make it indoors very well.

    Just because you choose to live in a hole in a hilly part of NZ that
    clearly has reception issues doesnt mean they are no good for other people.

    Richard, Jan 11, 2010
  8. Nick Rennie

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:44:10 +1300, Apteryx <> wrote:

    >Mary Hanna wrote:

    >>> It depends what reception is like in your area. If rabbits ears give you
    >>> an OK picture from VHF, an outdoor UHF aerial (like for Freeview) should
    >>> give you a better one. Just not as good as a proper outdoor VHF aerial.
    >>>
    >>> I have Sky Digital, but on the rare occasions I need to tune to analogue
    >>> TV I use the UHF aerial that was installed earlier for Sky UHF.
    >>> Sometimes there is a problem with TV3 on that aerial in my area.
    >>>
    >>> Apteryx

    >> You can't use a UHF aerial on TV1.2.3 and Rabbits ears are a Total Joke..
    >>
    >> Do not use them..

    >Sorry. I'll stop using my UHF aerial for them now if it offends you that
    >much...
    >
    >Apteryx

    Seems to me you have know knowledge about TV at all.

    Mary Hanna, Jan 11, 2010
  9. Nick Rennie

    A _L_ P Guest

    Mary Hanna wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:44:10 +1300, Apteryx <> wrote:
    >
    >> Mary Hanna wrote:

    >>> You can't use a UHF aerial on TV1.2.3 and Rabbits ears are a Total Joke..
    >>>
    >>> Do not use them..

    >> Sorry. I'll stop using my UHF aerial for them now if it offends you that
    >> much...
    >>
    >> Apteryx

    > Seems to me you have know knowledge about TV at all.

    Yes butt he get's TV repection and he can spel.

    A L P

    A _L_ P, Jan 11, 2010
  10. Nick Rennie

    Fred Guest

    "Mary Hanna" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:44:10 +1300, Apteryx <> wrote:
    >
    >>Mary Hanna wrote:

    >>> You can't use a UHF aerial on TV1.2.3 and Rabbits ears are a Total
    >>> Joke..
    >>>
    >>> Do not use them..

    >>Sorry. I'll stop using my UHF aerial for them now if it offends you that
    >>much...
    >>
    >>Apteryx

    > Seems to me you have know knowledge about TV at all.

    Surely you mean know noledge.

    Fred, Jan 11, 2010
  11. Nick Rennie

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-01-11, Mary Hanna <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:46:36 +1300, "Nick Rennie" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Can you with the Freeviw HD aerial (not the sat dish) pick up the normal TV
    >>signal as well? So if you had say 3 TVs connected up to the aerial you
    >>could have your Freeview decoder on one TV and the other 2 TVs just tuned in
    >>to the old 1, 2, 3 etc
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>Nick
    >>

    > Freeview Teresteral is UHF, and I don't think that any TV1.2.3 channels use
    > it..

    Wrong. Freeview is 12 channels on eithier via the saterllite or the
    terrestial areial.

    Try not confuse the goods, with the method of them being transported.

    Gordon, Jan 11, 2010
  12. Nick Rennie

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-01-11, Richard <> wrote:
    > Mary Hanna wrote:
    >
    >> You can't use a UHF aerial on TV1.2.3 and Rabbits ears are a Total Joke..
    >>
    >> Do not use them..

    > Work fine for me here other than TV1 because its on VHF-low that doesnt
    > make it indoors very well.
    >
    > Just because you choose to live in a hole in a hilly part of NZ that
    > clearly has reception issues doesnt mean they are no good for other people.

    This is where the saterlite wins hands down. Everyone has sky above them.

    Gordon, Jan 11, 2010
  13. Nick Rennie

    Richard Guest

    Gordon wrote:

    >> Just because you choose to live in a hole in a hilly part of NZ that
    >> clearly has reception issues doesnt mean they are no good for other people.

    > This is where the saterlite wins hands down. Everyone has sky above them.

    Sorry, to me a small settop antenna wins over needing to have something
    installed and cabled to the TV.

    I can carry the freeview TV anywhere in the house and give it power and
    have HD pictures. Cant do that with a satellite.

    Richard, Jan 11, 2010
  14. Nick Rennie

    victor Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > On 2010-01-11, Richard <> wrote:
    >> Mary Hanna wrote:
    >>
    >>> You can't use a UHF aerial on TV1.2.3 and Rabbits ears are a Total Joke..
    >>>
    >>> Do not use them..

    >> Work fine for me here other than TV1 because its on VHF-low that doesnt
    >> make it indoors very well.
    >>
    >> Just because you choose to live in a hole in a hilly part of NZ that
    >> clearly has reception issues doesnt mean they are no good for other people.

    > This is where the saterlite wins hands down. Everyone has sky above them.

    Although not everyone has a clear path to the satellite bearing and
    elevation.

    victor, Jan 11, 2010
  15. Nick Rennie

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:47:00 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    >Mary Hanna wrote:
    >
    >> You can't use a UHF aerial on TV1.2.3 and Rabbits ears are a Total Joke..
    >>
    >> Do not use them..

    >Work fine for me here other than TV1 because its on VHF-low that doesnt
    >make it indoors very well.
    >
    >Just because you choose to live in a hole in a hilly part of NZ that
    >clearly has reception issues doesnt mean they are no good for other people.

    If you know some thing about TV then you would not send such a stupid reply..

    Mary Hanna, Jan 11, 2010
  16. Nick Rennie

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 18:51:34 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    >Gordon wrote:
    >

    >>> Just because you choose to live in a hole in a hilly part of NZ that
    >>> clearly has reception issues doesnt mean they are no good for other people.

    >> This is where the saterlite wins hands down. Everyone has sky above them.

    >Sorry, to me a small settop antenna wins over needing to have something
    >installed and cabled to the TV.
    >
    >I can carry the freeview TV anywhere in the house and give it power and
    >have HD pictures. Cant do that with a satellite.

    And what about the set top box..?

    I have not seen Small LCD TV's with built in Freeview

    Mary Hanna, Jan 11, 2010
  17. Nick Rennie

    Richard Guest

    Mary Hanna wrote:

    >> I can carry the freeview TV anywhere in the house and give it power and
    >> have HD pictures. Cant do that with a satellite.

    > And what about the set top box..?

    There are no available tvs with a satillite reciver in them, so anyone
    wanting to recieve that has to have a settop in anycase.

    > I have not seen Small LCD TV's with built in Freeview

    samsung LA22B450 is a 22" with it in it. THere are plenty of tiny ones
    with the older mpeg2 dvb-t recievers in them, as h264 playback off
    memory devices is becoming more expected I would say that well before
    analog switch off there will be tiny 15" or so ones that have the needed
    tuner in them.

    Not seen any yet with diversity reception in them which is a shame. Only
    seen a handful of car tuners that were mpeg2 only that do it.

    Richard, Jan 11, 2010
  18. Nick Rennie

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 09:17:15 +1300, "geoff" <> wrote:

    >Mary Hanna wrote:

    >>> Sorry, to me a small settop antenna wins over needing to have
    >>> something installed and cabled to the TV.
    >>>
    >>> I can carry the freeview TV anywhere in the house and give it power
    >>> and have HD pictures. Cant do that with a satellite.

    >> And what about the set top box..?
    >>
    >> I have not seen Small LCD TV's with built in Freeview

    >What about many laptop PCs now ?
    >
    >geoff

    Laptop PC's don't have Freeview

    Mary Hanna, Jan 11, 2010
  19. Nick Rennie

    Nick Rennie Guest

    "Nick Rennie" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can you with the Freeviw HD aerial (not the sat dish) pick up the normal
    > TV signal as well? So if you had say 3 TVs connected up to the aerial you
    > could have your Freeview decoder on one TV and the other 2 TVs just tuned
    > in to the old 1, 2, 3 etc
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Nick

    Thanks guys!

    Nick

    Nick Rennie, Jan 12, 2010
  20. Nick Rennie

    Richard Guest

    Mary Hanna wrote:
    > On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 09:17:15 +1300, "geoff" <> wrote:
    >> What about many laptop PCs now ?
    >>
    >> geoff

    > Laptop PC's don't have Freeview

    Correct, as they are not certified, but there are many available with
    dvb-t tuners in them.

    Richard, Jan 12, 2010