Freetalk to Vonage-Issues?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Fred, Oct 6, 2006.

  1. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Hi Folks
    Anyone been having call quality issues since transferring over to Vonage
    from Freetalk? I have been getting screeching white noise down the line in
    calls as well as pops/clicks!
    Thanks
    Fred.
     
    Fred, Oct 6, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Fred

    Guest

    On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 21:32:17 GMT, "Fred" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi Folks
    >Anyone been having call quality issues since transferring over to Vonage
    >from Freetalk? I have been getting screeching white noise down the line in
    >calls as well as pops/clicks!
    >Thanks
    >Fred.
    >

    Vonage provides it customers with free technical support 24/7 in order
    to sort out these matters when thy arise Fred just dial 150 from your
    vonage phone .
    I have no problems with Vonage by the way Fred incidentally Vonage is
    a dirty word to one contributor to this forum on the other hand
    mention Sipgate one hundred times or so and you will be
    ok:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) .
     
    , Oct 6, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Fred

    Tony Blare Guest

    On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 21:32:17 GMT, Fred wrote:

    >Anyone been having call quality issues since transferring over to Vonage
    >from Freetalk?


    No.
     
    Tony Blare, Oct 6, 2006
    #3
  4. Fred

    Yawn Guest

    On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 22:35:46 GMT, said:

    >...incidentally Vonage is
    >a dirty word to one contributor to this forum on the other hand
    >mention Sipgate one hundred times or so and you will be
    >ok:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) .


    Please stop your childish handbagging, ponce.
     
    Yawn, Oct 6, 2006
    #4
  5. Fred

    Guest

    On 7 Oct 2006 00:43:26 +0200, Yawn <Á@> wrote:

    >On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 22:35:46 GMT, said:
    >
    >>...incidentally Vonage is
    >>a dirty word to one contributor to this forum on the other hand
    >>mention Sipgate one hundred times or so and you will be
    >>ok:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) .

    >
    >Please stop your childish handbagging, ponce.

    Please go away .
     
    , Oct 7, 2006
    #5
  6. Fred

    Dave Guest

    On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 21:32:17 GMT, "Fred" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi Folks
    >Anyone been having call quality issues since transferring over to Vonage
    >from Freetalk? I have been getting screeching white noise down the line in
    >calls as well as pops/clicks!
    >Thanks
    >Fred.
    >


    No, but one issue I have had is that they forgot to credit the account
    with the £8.99 delivery fee for the equipment like they were supposed
    to.

    To be fair to them, I did send them a message pointing this out and it
    was refunded to my card the next day.

    Also, my caller ID has never worked. I did call tech support and they
    were very helpful. They suggested that I try a different phone so I
    may give this a go sometime.
     
    Dave, Oct 7, 2006
    #6
  7. Fred

    Fred Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 21:32:17 GMT, "Fred" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi Folks
    >>Anyone been having call quality issues since transferring over to Vonage
    >>from Freetalk? I have been getting screeching white noise down the line in
    >>calls as well as pops/clicks!
    >>Thanks
    >>Fred.
    >>

    >
    > No, but one issue I have had is that they forgot to credit the account
    > with the £8.99 delivery fee for the equipment like they were supposed
    > to.
    >
    > To be fair to them, I did send them a message pointing this out and it
    > was refunded to my card the next day.
    >
    > Also, my caller ID has never worked. I did call tech support and they
    > were very helpful. They suggested that I try a different phone so I
    > may give this a go sometime.


    Hi Dave
    You have just reminded me that I have not received my credit for £8.99 yet
    either. I will call them in the morning.
    Thanks
    Fred.
    ps I called theirsupport again and the call quality has improved
    considerably-will wait and see if that continues though.
    Fred.
     
    Fred, Oct 8, 2006
    #7
  8. Fred

    Tony Blare Guest

    On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 21:15:36 GMT, Dave wrote:

    >No, but one issue I have had is that they forgot to credit the account
    >with the £8.99 delivery fee for the equipment like they were supposed
    >to.
    >
    >To be fair to them, I did send them a message pointing this out and it
    >was refunded to my card the next day.


    They don't refund to your card: the refund goes to your Vonage
    account.
     
    Tony Blare, Oct 8, 2006
    #8
  9. Dave wrote:
    > On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 21:32:17 GMT, "Fred" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Folks
    >> Anyone been having call quality issues since transferring over to Vonage
    >>from Freetalk? I have been getting screeching white noise down the line in
    >> calls as well as pops/clicks!
    >> Thanks
    >> Fred.
    >>

    >
    > No, but one issue I have had is that they forgot to credit the account
    > with the £8.99 delivery fee for the equipment like they were supposed
    > to.
    >


    Ah so happened to someone else, just wonder if Vonage would have spotted
    their mistake in time Naughty naughty Vonage.
     
    Duncan MacCallum, Oct 8, 2006
    #9
  10. Tony Blare wrote:
    > On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 21:15:36 GMT, Dave wrote:
    >
    >> No, but one issue I have had is that they forgot to credit the account
    >> with the £8.99 delivery fee for the equipment like they were supposed
    >> to.
    >>
    >> To be fair to them, I did send them a message pointing this out and it
    >> was refunded to my card the next day.

    >
    > They don't refund to your card: the refund goes to your Vonage
    > account.
    >

    Err no it should go to back as credit to card its refund of shipping
    costs and nothing to do with Vonage account.
    I was promised credit my refund yesterday
     
    Duncan MacCallum, Oct 8, 2006
    #10
  11. Fred

    Tony Blare Guest

    On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 08:17:23 GMT, Duncan MacCallum wrote:

    >Err no it should go to back as credit to card its refund of shipping
    >costs and nothing to do with Vonage account.
    >I was promised credit my refund yesterday


    They failed to give me the credit and when I pointed out this failure,
    they were not convinced. After a short tussle they finally agreed to
    credit my account, see: http://www.vonage.co.uk/freetalk/faqs.html

    QUOTE
    The £8.99 shipping fee will be charged to your card but refunded in
    the form of a credit applied to your account within 5 days of
    registering.
    ENDQUOTE
     
    Tony Blare, Oct 8, 2006
    #11
  12. Fred

    ^^artnada^^ Guest

    Dave wrote:
    > On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 21:32:17 GMT, "Fred" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Folks
    >> Anyone been having call quality issues since transferring over to Vonage
    >> from Freetalk? I have been getting screeching white noise down the line
    >> in
    >> calls as well as pops/clicks!
    >> Thanks
    >> Fred.
    >>

    >
    > No, but one issue I have had is that they forgot to credit the account
    > with the £8.99 delivery fee for the equipment like they were supposed
    > to.
    >
    > To be fair to them, I did send them a message pointing this out and it
    > was refunded to my card the next day.
    >
    > Also, my caller ID has never worked. I did call tech support and they
    > were very helpful. They suggested that I try a different phone so I
    > may give this a go sometime.

    Just sent an email to them asking for the refudn plus £1 refunded to my
    account for the £7.99 charge they took from my card on 30 Sept 06.
     
    ^^artnada^^, Oct 8, 2006
    #12
  13. Fred

    Dave Guest

    On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 07:57:28 +0100, Tony Blare
    <µçÓ°...@ÊÖ«úÁæ»åÉù?.invalid> wrote:

    >On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 21:15:36 GMT, Dave wrote:
    >
    >>No, but one issue I have had is that they forgot to credit the account
    >>with the £8.99 delivery fee for the equipment like they were supposed
    >>to.
    >>
    >>To be fair to them, I did send them a message pointing this out and it
    >>was refunded to my card the next day.

    >
    >They don't refund to your card: the refund goes to your Vonage
    >account.


    Well yeah, accoding to the terms it was supposed to be credited to the
    account - but it wasn't. So i contacted them and they refunded it to
    the card instead.

    Either way, I got it back.
     
    Dave, Oct 8, 2006
    #13
  14. Fred

    Fred Guest

    "^^artnada^^" <> wrote in message
    news:_E8Wg.31289$...
    > Dave wrote:
    >> On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 21:32:17 GMT, "Fred" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi Folks
    >>> Anyone been having call quality issues since transferring over to Vonage
    >>> from Freetalk? I have been getting screeching white noise down the line
    >>> in
    >>> calls as well as pops/clicks!
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Fred.
    >>>

    >>
    >> No, but one issue I have had is that they forgot to credit the account
    >> with the £8.99 delivery fee for the equipment like they were supposed
    >> to.
    >>
    >> To be fair to them, I did send them a message pointing this out and it
    >> was refunded to my card the next day.
    >>
    >> Also, my caller ID has never worked. I did call tech support and they
    >> were very helpful. They suggested that I try a different phone so I
    >> may give this a go sometime.

    > Just sent an email to them asking for the refudn plus £1 refunded to my
    > account for the £7.99 charge they took from my card on 30 Sept 06.
    >
    >

    I contacted vonage today and they stated the credit for delivery of the
    equipment should go to my Vonage account-which it has. However, I am having
    call quality issues again and may cancel after all so it will be interesting
    to see if they credit my card correctly!
     
    Fred, Oct 9, 2006
    #14
  15. Fred

    ^^artnada^^ Guest

    Fred wrote:
    > "^^artnada^^" <> wrote in message
    > news:_E8Wg.31289$...
    >> Dave wrote:
    >>> On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 21:32:17 GMT, "Fred" <>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Hi Folks
    >>>> Anyone been having call quality issues since transferring over to
    >>>> Vonage
    >>>> from Freetalk? I have been getting screeching white noise down the line
    >>>> in
    >>>> calls as well as pops/clicks!
    >>>> Thanks
    >>>> Fred.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> No, but one issue I have had is that they forgot to credit the account
    >>> with the £8.99 delivery fee for the equipment like they were supposed
    >>> to.
    >>>
    >>> To be fair to them, I did send them a message pointing this out and it
    >>> was refunded to my card the next day.
    >>>
    >>> Also, my caller ID has never worked. I did call tech support and they
    >>> were very helpful. They suggested that I try a different phone so I
    >>> may give this a go sometime.

    >> Just sent an email to them asking for the refudn plus £1 refunded to my
    >> account for the £7.99 charge they took from my card on 30 Sept 06.
    >>
    >>

    > I contacted vonage today and they stated the credit for delivery of the
    > equipment should go to my Vonage account-which it has. However, I am
    > having
    > call quality issues again and may cancel after all so it will be
    > interesting
    > to see if they credit my card correctly!


    Emailed last night, got this just now. thx to the OP for reminding us about
    this. Just checked my account and indeed I do have a balance of -£9.99 now.
    So, that will pay for this month ;)

    "Thank you for contacting Customer Care.

    We understand that you have not been credited back the shipping charges
    nor the £1.00 monthly credit. We have since processed both of these so
    there is now a £9.99 credit on your account. In the future the £1.00
    credit should be applied automatically by the system, so you should not
    need to worry. If by chance this does not happen please reply back to
    us so that we can apply it manually.

    We hope this has answered your enquiry. If you have any further
    questions please visit our website at www.vonage.co.uk where you will
    find answers to most customer enquiries.

    Drew
    Vonage UK
    The Broadband Phone Company
    www.vonage.co.uk"
     
    ^^artnada^^, Oct 9, 2006
    #15
  16. Fred

    Steve Barlow Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On 7 Oct 2006 00:43:26 +0200, Yawn <Á@> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 22:35:46 GMT, said:
    >>
    >>>...incidentally Vonage is
    >>>a dirty word to one contributor to this forum on the other hand
    >>>mention Sipgate one hundred times or so and you will be
    >>>ok:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) .

    >>
    >>Please stop your childish handbagging, ponce.


    > Please go away .


    No Mr Dexter - YOU go away if you cannot raise your continued manner of
    communication above playground level. We can then hopefully have meaningful,
    adult-type discussion.
     
    Steve Barlow, Oct 10, 2006
    #16
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. SidKnee

    Vonage or Sipgate or Freetalk

    SidKnee, Oct 8, 2005, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    13
    Views:
    1,546
    Mark Adamson
    Oct 8, 2005
  2. Maureen
    Replies:
    13
    Views:
    890
  3. Replies:
    28
    Views:
    2,256
  4. BB

    Vonage or Freetalk

    BB, Apr 29, 2006, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    726
    Ivor Jones
    May 5, 2006
  5. dv
    Replies:
    21
    Views:
    1,260
Loading...

Share This Page