freetalk to vonage & a UTStarcom F1000 help please

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by brit-dub, Sep 11, 2006.

  1. brit-dub

    brit-dub Guest

    Hi

    I've just swapped over from Freetalk to vonage, my phone number is still to
    be ported though. I went to the vonage site and liked the look of the WiFi
    UTStarcom F1000 so I tried to buy one. No so easy.

    They will only sell one as a new contract you cant add one to a existing
    contract even though its only 5 hours old or a transfer from Freetalk.

    So I asked if I buy one elsewhere like from ebay can I connect it to vonage,
    I got the answer I was expecting NO.

    The only way is to buy one with a new number and cancel it during the first
    month and then transfer it to your first account !

    Now I like to take people at the word but I have this horrible feeling that
    once purchased they will turn around and say no way if you cancel it that's
    it.

    Has anyone here found away around this problem ?

    TIA

    Brit
    brit-dub, Sep 11, 2006

  2. brit-dub

    alexd Guest

    brit-dub wrote:

    > Now I like to take people at the word but I have this horrible feeling
    > that once purchased they will turn around and say no way if you cancel it
    > that's it.
    >
    > Has anyone here found away around this problem ?

    Get it in writing, perhaps.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    20:08:45 up 16 days, 4:13, 2 users, load average: 0.25, 0.22, 0.20
    alexd, Sep 11, 2006

  3. brit-dub

    brit-dub Guest

    "alexd" <> wrote in message news:...
    > brit-dub wrote:

    >> Now I like to take people at the word but I have this horrible feeling
    >> that once purchased they will turn around and say no way if you cancel it
    >> that's it.
    >>
    >> Has anyone here found away around this problem ?

    > Get it in writing, perhaps.
    >
    > --
    > <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    > 20:08:45 up 16 days, 4:13, 2 users, load average: 0.25, 0.22, 0.20
    > This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK

    I did ask and I've emailed them but no reply yet, If I get a reply I will
    report back.
    brit-dub, Sep 12, 2006
  4. brit-dub

    brit-dub Guest

    "brit-dub" <> wrote in message

    > "alexd" <> wrote in message news:...
    >> brit-dub wrote:

    >>> Now I like to take people at the word but I have this horrible feeling
    >>> that once purchased they will turn around and say no way if you cancel
    >>> it
    >>> that's it.
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone here found away around this problem ?

    >> Get it in writing, perhaps.
    >>
    >> --
    >> <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    >> 20:08:45 up 16 days, 4:13, 2 users, load average: 0.25, 0.22, 0.20
    >> This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK
    >>

    > I did ask and I've emailed them but no reply yet, If I get a reply I will
    > report back.

    this is the reply I got.

    Thank you for contacting Customer Care.

    At this point we do not offer the WiFi phone as a separate purchase.
    The only way to activate this device on your account is to add an
    additional line. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

    We hope this has answered your enquiry. If you have any further
    questions please visit our website at www.vonage.co.uk where you will
    find answers to most customer enquiries.

    Customer Care
    Vonage UK
    The Broadband Phone Company
    brit-dub, Sep 12, 2006