freetalk from Dixons

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Andrew, Sep 26, 2005.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Andrew, Sep 26, 2005

  2. Andrew

    Ad C Guest

    In article <Y3WZe.116058$>,
    rnet says...
    > due to launch soon, worth keeping an eye on http://www.freetalk.co.uk/

    You are slow, it been talked about on here for a few days now.
    The problem with this service is once again it is an upfront fee, just
    like vonage.
    Ad C, Sep 26, 2005

  3. Andrew

    Brian A Guest

    On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 19:12:15 +0100, Ad C <>
    wrote:

    >In article <Y3WZe.116058$>,
    > says...
    >> due to launch soon, worth keeping an eye on http://www.freetalk.co.uk/
    >>

    >You are slow, it been talked about on here for a few days now.
    >The problem with this service is once again it is an upfront fee, just
    >like vonage.

    Also, it looks like Plustalk will charge £3 less for more minutes.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Sep 26, 2005
  4. Andrew

    Sean Guest

    Sean, Sep 26, 2005
  5. Andrew

    Pricefighter Guest

    But you can only use Plustalk if you are a Plustalk broadband
    customer!!!!
    Pricefighter, Sep 26, 2005
  6. Andrew

    Ad C Guest

    In article <>, no_spam_bca1000
    @hotmail.com says...

    > Also, it looks like Plustalk will charge £3 less for more minutes.

    The only problem there is that you got to have Plusnet as an ISP, also
    is Plusnet VOIP a real VOIP or just a softphone?

    My mate have just moved over to plusnet from BT yahoo, but he is having
    a few problems with dropped connections.
    Ad C, Sep 26, 2005
  7. Andrew

    Ad C Guest

    In article <dh9gps$bg9$2surf.net>,
    says...
    > Andrew wrote:
    > > due to launch soon, worth keeping an eye on http://www.freetalk.co.uk/

    > Nice 'Untitled Document'.

    This is certainly DSG, but it don't look for professional.
    Ad C, Sep 26, 2005
  8. Andrew

    Brian A Guest

    On 26 Sep 2005 14:57:31 -0700, "Pricefighter" <>
    wrote:

    >But you can only use Plustalk if you are a Plustalk broadband
    >customer!!!!

    Didn't know that! I've just moved from Force 9 (Plusnet).
    I'm happy with my current arrangement anyway.
    Why would PlusNet limit themselves to their own customers - or is this
    just a trial with possible expansion later?

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Sep 26, 2005
  9. Andrew

    Ad C Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > But you can only use Plustalk if you are a Plustalk broadband
    > customer!!!!

    Or a plusnet customer even :)
    Ad C, Sep 27, 2005
  10. Andrew

    Ad C Guest

    In article <>, no_spam_bca1000
    @hotmail.com says...
    > On 26 Sep 2005 14:57:31 -0700, "Pricefighter" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >But you can only use Plustalk if you are a Plustalk broadband
    > >customer!!!!

    > Didn't know that! I've just moved from Force 9 (Plusnet).
    > I'm happy with my current arrangement anyway.
    > Why would PlusNet limit themselves to their own customers - or is this
    > just a trial with possible expansion later?

    Because it is a way to try and get more people to use Plusnet as their
    ISP. the problems my mate have had in the two weeks he have been using
    them, I think I will leave well alone.

    The strange thing is, when he uses their USB modem everything works
    fine, but when he uses his router, he gets disconnected about 4 or 5
    times a day. Now we know the router is fine because he have been using
    it with BT. If it keeps disconnecting, I will bring the router over here
    and see if it works here.
    Ad C, Sep 27, 2005
  11. Andrew

    Guest

    Ad C <> wrote:
    > The strange thing is, when he uses their USB modem everything works
    > fine, but when he uses his router, he gets disconnected about 4 or 5
    > times a day.

    PlusNet recently implemented a idle cutoff mechanism for customers on the
    Broadband Plus product. (No, I don't see why, but since I'm on Premier
    I don't have an issue.)

    Chris
    , Sep 27, 2005
  12. Andrew

    Ad C Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > PlusNet recently implemented a idle cutoff mechanism for customers on the
    > Broadband Plus product. (No, I don't see why, but since I'm on Premier
    > I don't have an issue.)

    Maybe so, but that would not cause the router to lose sync, which is
    what happens. But thanks for the info, that is useful to know.
    Ad C, Sep 27, 2005
  13. "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    > On 26 Sep 2005 14:57:31 -0700, "Pricefighter" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>But you can only use Plustalk if you are a Plustalk broadband
    >>customer!!!!

    > Didn't know that! I've just moved from Force 9 (Plusnet).
    > I'm happy with my current arrangement anyway.
    > Why would PlusNet limit themselves to their own customers - or is this
    > just a trial with possible expansion later?
    >
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Hi,

    PlusTalk currently allows SIP to SIP calls between PlusNet customers and
    around a dozen SIP peers. This number is growing as we make deals for
    peering with other SIP providers.

    Launching this week will be PSTN Break In/Out for making calls to landlines
    and mobiles.

    We've taken the approach of launching the service in phases to put out each
    part as the development completes.

    --
    Regards,

    PlusNet Support Team, Sep 27, 2005
  14. "Ad C" <> wrote in message
    In article <>, no_spam_bca1000
    @hotmail.com says...

    > Also, it looks like Plustalk will charge £3 less for more minutes.

    The only problem there is that you got to have Plusnet as an ISP, also
    is Plusnet VOIP a real VOIP or just a softphone?

    My mate have just moved over to plusnet from BT yahoo, but he is having
    a few problems with dropped connections.

    Hi,

    For your mate I'd suggest taking a read through the following

    http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/10

    and

    http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/13

    to see if anything helps, and if not raise a ticket via Contact Us on our
    portal and the support team will be able to run some remote testing to see
    if there's any problems.

    PlusNet Support Team, Sep 27, 2005
  15. Andrew

    Ad C Guest

    In article <4339375d$0$16306$>,
    says...

    >> Hi,

    > For your mate I'd suggest taking a read through the following
    >
    > http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/10
    >
    > and
    >
    > http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/13

    Cheers I will send him him the links.

    > to see if anything helps, and if not raise a ticket via Contact Us on our
    > portal and the support team will be able to run some remote testing to see
    > if there's any problems.

    He been though this, well sort of. He loses sync and have a word with
    you lot who writes out a ticket or what ever you lot do, then the next
    morning he is connected again and he gets an email from you to say that
    it looks like he is online again and the ticket is dropped.

    It was intermitant, but the strange thing was that the modem you
    supplied works fine. It was just his router that was having the problem
    and yet it was working with Bt and it worked fine here with Metronet.

    Very strange.
    Ad C, Sep 27, 2005