Freeserve

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by C, Feb 9, 2005.

  1. C

    C Guest

    Found this on my firewall.

    % This is the RIPE Whois query server #2.
    % The objects are in RPSL format.
    %
    % Rights restricted by copyright.
    % See http://www.ripe.net/db/copyright.html

    inetnum: 82.157.0.0 - 82.157.255.255
    netname: WANADOO-CABLE
    descr: Wanadoo Nederland
    descr: Muiderstraat 1
    descr: 1011 PZ Amsterdam
    country: NL
    admin-c: EIAR1-RIPE
    tech-c: EIAR1-RIPE
    status: ASSIGNED PA
    notify:
    mnt-by: EURONET-MNT
    changed: 20031123
    source: RIPE

    route: 82.156.0.0/15
    descr: Wanadoo Nederland
    origin: AS5390
    mnt-by: EURONET-MNT
    changed: 20031119
    source: RIPE

    role: EuroNet Internet Administrative Role Account
    address: Wanadoo Nederland BV (formerly EuroNet Internet BV)
    address: COD / IKC / Network
    address: Muiderstraat 1
    address: 1011 PZ Amsterdam
    address: The Netherlands
    phone: +31 20 535 5555
    fax-no: +31 20 535 5400
    e-mail:
    admin-c: AW2096-RIPE
    tech-c: BL78
    tech-c: PC2773-RIPE
    tech-c: FB1141-RIPE
    tech-c: EI89-RIPE
    nic-hdl: EIAR1-RIPE
    remarks: In case of abuse issues:
    remarks: - For WANADOO-CABLE blocks please contact
    remarks: - For other blocks contact or

    mnt-by: EURONET-MNT
    changed: 20011101
    changed: 20030109
    changed: 20030902
    changed: 20040116
    source: RIPE
    C, Feb 9, 2005

  2. C

    Jimbob Guest

    C wrote:
    > Found this on my firewall.

    >snip<

    Good for you.
    Jimbob, Feb 9, 2005

  3. C

    Vanguard Guest

    "C" <> wrote in message
    > Found this on my firewall.
    >
    > % This is the RIPE Whois query server #2.
    > % The objects are in RPSL format.

    <snip - domain registration info for non-described attack>

    Did you actually have a question?

    You found WHAT on your firewall? The domain registration that YOU
    retrieved was not on your firewall. Firewalls don't do get attacked by
    domain registrars. You'll probably find a more focused community
    regarding firewalls in the comp.security.firewall newsgroup, but you
    will have to describe WHAT it was "on your firewall".
    Vanguard, Feb 10, 2005
  4. Vanguard wrote:
    > "C" <> wrote in message
    >> Found this on my firewall.

    >> % This is the RIPE Whois query server #2.
    >> % The objects are in RPSL format.

    ><snip - domain registration info for non-described attack>

    > Did you actually have a question?

    > You found WHAT on your firewall? The domain registration that YOU
    > retrieved was not on your firewall. Firewalls don't do get attacked by
    > domain registrars. You'll probably find a more focused community

    ATTACK OF THE KILLER REGISTRARS FROM HELL

    They Know What Domains You Bought Last Summer

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Now killing all posts made with User-Agent G2 (Google Groups)
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 10, 2005
  5. C

    C Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Vanguard wrote:
    >> "C" <> wrote in message
    >>> Found this on my firewall.

    >>> % This is the RIPE Whois query server #2.
    >>> % The objects are in RPSL format.

    >><snip - domain registration info for non-described attack>

    >> Did you actually have a question?

    >> You found WHAT on your firewall? The domain registration that YOU
    >> retrieved was not on your firewall. Firewalls don't do get attacked by
    >> domain registrars. You'll probably find a more focused community

    > ATTACK OF THE KILLER REGISTRARS FROM HELL
    >
    > They Know What Domains You Bought Last Summer
    >

    > --
    > Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    >
    > Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    > Now killing all posts made with User-Agent G2 (Google Group

    What does that mean?
    C, Feb 10, 2005
  6. C wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >> Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    >> Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    >> Now killing all posts made with User-Agent G2 (Google Group

    > What does that mean?

    That I'm killing posts from Google Groups.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 10, 2005
  7. C

    Vanguard Guest

    "C" <> wrote in message

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Vanguard wrote:
    >>> Firewalls don't do get attacked by domain registrars.

    >> ATTACK OF THE KILLER REGISTRARS FROM HELL
    >>
    >> They Know What Domains You Bought Last Summer

    > What does that mean?

    It's referential humor. If you haven't seen Scary Movie, Attack of the
    Killer Tomatoes, Dial M for Murder, or Monty Python's vicious "Keep
    Left" signs then you probably won't get it.

    The attack is led by the IP address registrars - the four horseman of
    ARIN, RIPE, LACNIC, and APNIC - linked together by their chains of IP
    address to mow down your defensive army. Following them is the army of
    IP name registrars to trample you underfoot while taking away your guns,
    er, domains that you registered with them. And lastly comes the final
    trample of webhosting providers of courtesy domains that remove your
    name tag and make it theirs. For any survivors left behind after the
    attacks come the wandering phishers promising to give you an
    independent, permanently unique, and lifetime IP address or IP name for
    only a one-time charge of $19.95 but you need to use an unrestricted
    credit card (although some will also take your your username and
    password for your online banking, too).
    Vanguard, Feb 11, 2005