    I use Win98SE.

    I have used most of the webspace and needs more. What shall I do?

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Dec 5, 2005

  2. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    samuel Guest

    "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <>
    wrote in news:tzTkf.10248$:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to upload some file to webspace but it comes with
    > the message:-
    >
    > uploads.webspace.freeserve.net
    >
    > is not opening.
    >
    > Have they changed the name of upload please?
    >
    > I use Win98SE.
    >
    > I have used most of the webspace and needs more. What shall I
    > do?
    >
    > Rajinder

    contact freeserve

    samuel, Dec 5, 2005

  3. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 09:16:09 GMT, Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am trying to upload some file to webspace but it comes with the
    >message:-

    1st contact the freeserve support, it's freeserve you can't connect to.

    http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/
    The Help link has some notes for building a website, which is below
    http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/
    In the web builder section, there os an online manual with a section for
    setting up ftp.

    >uploads.webspace.freeserve.net

    You have a firewall running and it's blocking the FTP app.

    >is not opening.

    That's not an error / status message, that's just what happens.

    >Have they changed the name of upload please?

    Maybe, or the manual here
    http://sitebuilder.wanadoo.co.uk/ftpweb/manuel/accueil.html
    has the wrong address

    Or even
    http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/communicat...CMSlinkslist_link4&article=MEMCENT_linksfinal
    at the botton of the page are help and support links, one of which is an
    email address you send a blank mail to and it sends you back the FAQ /
    manual info.

    maybe , website address changes,
    http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/websp...pace&link=2_topItem&article=WEBSPACE_what_url

    Doing a name lookup for the address you gave above is ,

    Non-authoritative answer:
    Name: upload.webspace.pol.co.uk
    Addresses: 195.92.193.198, 195.92.195.164
    Aliases: uploads.webspace.freeserve.net

    In the application you use to upload with, try replacing

    uploads.webspace.freeserve.net

    with one of the numeric IP addresses.

    >I use Win98SE.

    That's nice but what program are you using to upload with, usually an
    FTP client, or the FTP built into your webpage editor.

    >I have used most of the webspace and needs more. What shall I do?

    Buy a larger amount of web space with a web hosting company , rather
    then an ISP.

    >Rajinder

    Me

    why?, Dec 5, 2005