    on a website or a link & then it goes to it, anyone know why!
    Cheers
    Gaz

    gary, Jan 4, 2005

  2. gary

    George Guest

    "gary" <> wrote in message
    news:crev5c$v5e$...
    > Hi
    > Sometimes my freeserve dialup goes offline quite quickly & i have to
    > redial every 5 minutes! Why is this?
    > Also,when i'm online, i have to wait, sometimes a long time after i click
    > on a website or a link & then it goes to it, anyone know why!
    > Cheers
    > Gaz

    Over Xmas I experienced this problem for a day, I think it happens when they
    get busy, it was not a system fault with me, it was purely a fault with
    wanadoo. Eg. note freeserve is now wanadoo

    George, Jan 4, 2005

  3. In article <crev5c$v5e$>, gary
    () dropped a +5 bundle of words...

    > Hi
    > Sometimes my freeserve dialup goes offline quite quickly & i have to
    > redial every 5 minutes! Why is this?
    > Also,when i'm online, i have to wait, sometimes a long time after i click
    > on a website or a link & then it goes to it, anyone know why!
    > Cheers
    > Gaz

    Start ---> settings ---> dial-up networking

    right click the connection and select properties.

    select the dialing tab.

    uncheck the boxes that say enable idle disconnect and disconnect if
    connection may not be needed

    --
    Starshine Moonbeam
    mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30