    Thanks BTW to all the help from group members that have helped me so
    far - Thank you all !

    Dave

    Dave, Oct 26, 2013

  2. Dave

    Bob Eager Guest

    On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 16:36:20 +0100, Dave wrote:

    > Ok, from my other posts here you will no doubt no I have been playing
    > FreePBX on a Raspberry PI and now just got myself a Linksys SPA 3102.
    > I've got it all working, sort off. The 3102 is all logged into FreePBX
    > ok as an extension and a truck (PSTN Line). I've followed the
    > instructions Graham. posted but I getting the 'All Circuits Are Busy
    > Now' message when I select the BT line as a destination, it works ok
    > when I set Sipgate for example so it's an issue with the 3102 settings I
    > think. I've not tested inbound yet -
    > no cell phone coverage here for one thing!
    >
    > Thanks BTW to all the help from group members that have helped me so
    > far - Thank you all !

    Has the PSTN line ('Line 2') registered with the server OK? Does the web
    interface show 'registered'?

    Here is a fragment of the script I use to provision mine. Ignore the
    code, but ensure you have these settings:

    call item 'VoIP-To-PSTN-Gateway_Enable_2_','Yes'
    call item 'VoIP_Caller_Auth_Method_2_','None'
    call item 'VoIP_PIN_Max_Retry_2_',3
    call item 'One_Stage_Dialing_2_','Yes'
    call item 'Line_1_VoIP_Caller_DP_2_','None'
    call item 'VoIP_Caller_Default_DP_2_',2
    call item 'Line_1_Fallback_DP_2_','None'
    call item 'VoIP_Caller_ID_Pattern_2_',''
    call item 'VoIP_Access_List',''
    do i = 1 to 8
    call item 'VoIP_Caller_'i'_PIN_2_',''
    call item 'VoIP_Caller_'i'_DP_2_','None'
    end

    Bob Eager, Oct 26, 2013

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Bob Eager" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 16:36:20 +0100, Dave wrote:
    >
    >> Ok, from my other posts here you will no doubt no I have been playing
    >> FreePBX on a Raspberry PI and now just got myself a Linksys SPA 3102.
    >> I've got it all working, sort off. The 3102 is all logged into FreePBX
    >> ok as an extension and a truck (PSTN Line). I've followed the
    >> instructions Graham. posted but I getting the 'All Circuits Are Busy
    >> Now' message when I select the BT line as a destination, it works ok
    >> when I set Sipgate for example so it's an issue with the 3102 settings I
    >> think. I've not tested inbound yet -
    >> no cell phone coverage here for one thing!
    >>
    >> Thanks BTW to all the help from group members that have helped me so
    >> far - Thank you all !

    > Has the PSTN line ('Line 2') registered with the server OK? Does the web
    > interface show 'registered'?
    >
    > Here is a fragment of the script I use to provision mine. Ignore the
    > code, but ensure you have these settings:
    >
    > call item 'VoIP-To-PSTN-Gateway_Enable_2_','Yes'
    > call item 'VoIP_Caller_Auth_Method_2_','None'
    > call item 'VoIP_PIN_Max_Retry_2_',3
    > call item 'One_Stage_Dialing_2_','Yes'
    > call item 'Line_1_VoIP_Caller_DP_2_','None'
    > call item 'VoIP_Caller_Default_DP_2_',2
    > call item 'Line_1_Fallback_DP_2_','None'
    > call item 'VoIP_Caller_ID_Pattern_2_',''
    > call item 'VoIP_Access_List',''
    > do i = 1 to 8
    > call item 'VoIP_Caller_'i'_PIN_2_',''
    > call item 'VoIP_Caller_'i'_DP_2_','None'
    > end
    >

    > --
    > Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: http://www.mirrorservice.org
    > My posts (including this one) are my copyright and if @diy_forums on
    > Twitter wish to tweet them they can pay me £30 a post
    > *lightning surge protection* - a w_tom conductor

    Yes, Both Line 1 Status and PSTN Line Status are showing registered the
    other settings are now the same as yours - still have the All Circuits Are
    Busy Now (ACABN).

    Dave, Oct 26, 2013
  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message news:l4gqmu$5mq$...

    > "Bob Eager" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 16:36:20 +0100, Dave wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ok, from my other posts here you will no doubt no I have been playing
    >>> FreePBX on a Raspberry PI and now just got myself a Linksys SPA 3102.
    >>> I've got it all working, sort off. The 3102 is all logged into FreePBX
    >>> ok as an extension and a truck (PSTN Line). I've followed the
    >>> instructions Graham. posted but I getting the 'All Circuits Are Busy
    >>> Now' message when I select the BT line as a destination, it works ok
    >>> when I set Sipgate for example so it's an issue with the 3102 settings I
    >>> think. I've not tested inbound yet -
    >>> no cell phone coverage here for one thing!
    >>>
    >>> Thanks BTW to all the help from group members that have helped me so
    >>> far - Thank you all !

    >> Has the PSTN line ('Line 2') registered with the server OK? Does the web
    >> interface show 'registered'?
    >>
    >> Here is a fragment of the script I use to provision mine. Ignore the
    >> code, but ensure you have these settings:
    >>
    >> call item 'VoIP-To-PSTN-Gateway_Enable_2_','Yes'
    >> call item 'VoIP_Caller_Auth_Method_2_','None'
    >> call item 'VoIP_PIN_Max_Retry_2_',3
    >> call item 'One_Stage_Dialing_2_','Yes'
    >> call item 'Line_1_VoIP_Caller_DP_2_','None'
    >> call item 'VoIP_Caller_Default_DP_2_',2
    >> call item 'Line_1_Fallback_DP_2_','None'
    >> call item 'VoIP_Caller_ID_Pattern_2_',''
    >> call item 'VoIP_Access_List',''
    >> do i = 1 to 8
    >> call item 'VoIP_Caller_'i'_PIN_2_',''
    >> call item 'VoIP_Caller_'i'_DP_2_','None'
    >> end
    >>

    >> --
    >> Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: http://www.mirrorservice.org
    >> My posts (including this one) are my copyright and if @diy_forums on
    >> Twitter wish to tweet them they can pay me £30 a post
    >> *lightning surge protection* - a w_tom conductor

    > Yes, Both Line 1 Status and PSTN Line Status are showing registered the
    > other settings are now the same as yours - still have the All Circuits Are
    > Busy Now (ACABN).

    Red face time :) . I was sat on the floor in our hallway and just checking
    the leads and thinking then I discovered the Line lead was not plugged all
    the way in !!
    I knew I didn't want to plug it all the way in just far enough to make
    contact. This is because the 'barb' is missing from that line lead and I
    didn't want to press it all the way in because it's difficult to remove.

    I can now make outbound calls ! Just discovered caller ID is not working
    from another extension, small point. Also takes ages to dial from analogue
    phone - I think this an issue with dial_timeout in FreePBX

    Dave.

    Dave, Oct 26, 2013
  5. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message news:l4gtpg$nh5$...

    > "Dave" <> wrote in message news:l4gqmu$5mq$...
    >>

    >> "Bob Eager" <> wrote in message

    >>> Has the PSTN line ('Line 2') registered with the server OK? Does the web
    >>> interface show 'registered'?
    >>>
    >>> Here is a fragment of the script I use to provision mine. Ignore the
    >>> code, but ensure you have these settings:
    >>>
    >>> call item 'VoIP-To-PSTN-Gateway_Enable_2_','Yes'
    >>> call item 'VoIP_Caller_Auth_Method_2_','None'
    >>> call item 'VoIP_PIN_Max_Retry_2_',3
    >>> call item 'One_Stage_Dialing_2_','Yes'
    >>> call item 'Line_1_VoIP_Caller_DP_2_','None'
    >>> call item 'VoIP_Caller_Default_DP_2_',2
    >>> call item 'Line_1_Fallback_DP_2_','None'
    >>> call item 'VoIP_Caller_ID_Pattern_2_',''
    >>> call item 'VoIP_Access_List',''
    >>> do i = 1 to 8
    >>> call item 'VoIP_Caller_'i'_PIN_2_',''
    >>> call item 'VoIP_Caller_'i'_DP_2_','None'
    >>> end
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: http://www.mirrorservice.org
    >>> My posts (including this one) are my copyright and if @diy_forums on
    >>> Twitter wish to tweet them they can pay me £30 a post
    >>> *lightning surge protection* - a w_tom conductor

    >> Yes, Both Line 1 Status and PSTN Line Status are showing registered the
    >> other settings are now the same as yours - still have the All Circuits
    >> Are Busy Now (ACABN).
    >>

    > Red face time :) . I was sat on the floor in our hallway and just
    > checking the leads and thinking then I discovered the Line lead was not
    > plugged all the way in !!
    > I knew I didn't want to plug it all the way in just far enough to make
    > contact. This is because the 'barb' is missing from that line lead and I
    > didn't want to press it all the way in because it's difficult to remove.
    >
    > I can now make outbound calls ! Just discovered caller ID is not
    > working from another extension, small point. Also takes ages to dial from
    > analogue phone - I think this an issue with dial_timeout in FreePBX
    >
    > Dave.

    No inbound either - testing with BT's 17070 ringback test ... there appears
    to be loop current flowing looking at the voice info page, so the 3102 is
    recognising the ringing but not answering it or passing it on ?

    Dave, Oct 26, 2013
  6. Dave

    Bob Eager Guest

    On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 19:25:24 +0100, Dave wrote:

    > "Dave" <> wrote in message news:l4gtpg$nh5$...
    >>

    >> "Dave" <> wrote in message news:l4gqmu$5mq$...
    >>>

    >>> "Bob Eager" <> wrote in message

    >>> Yes, Both Line 1 Status and PSTN Line Status are showing registered
    >>> the other settings are now the same as yours - still have the All
    >>> Circuits Are Busy Now (ACABN).
    >>>

    >> Red face time :) . I was sat on the floor in our hallway and just
    >> checking the leads and thinking then I discovered the Line lead was not
    >> plugged all the way in !!
    >> I knew I didn't want to plug it all the way in just far enough to make
    >> contact. This is because the 'barb' is missing from that line lead and
    >> I didn't want to press it all the way in because it's difficult to
    >> remove.
    >>
    >> I can now make outbound calls ! Just discovered caller ID is not
    >> working from another extension, small point. Also takes ages to dial
    >> from analogue phone - I think this an issue with dial_timeout in
    >> FreePBX
    >>
    >> Dave.

    > No inbound either - testing with BT's 17070 ringback test ... there
    > appears to be loop current flowing looking at the voice info page, so
    > the 3102 is recognising the ringing but not answering it or passing it
    > on ?

    Any use?

    call item 'PSTN-To-VoIP_Gateway_Enable_2_','Yes'
    call item 'PSTN_Caller_Auth_Method_2_','None'
    call item 'PSTN_Ring_Thru_Line_1_2_','No'
    call item 'PSTN_PIN_Max_Retry_2_',3
    call item 'PSTN_CID_For_VoIP_CID_2_','Yes'
    call item 'PSTN_CID_Number_Prefix_2_',''
    call item 'PSTN_Caller_Default_DP_2_',g.pstn_dp
    call item 'Off_Hook_While_Calling_VoIP_2_','No'
    call item 'Line_1_Signal_Hook_Flash_To_PSTN_2_','Disabled'
    call item 'PSTN_CID_Name_Prefix_2_',''
    call item 'PSTN_Caller_ID_Pattern_2_',''
    call item 'PSTN_Access_List',''
    do i = 1 to 8
    call item 'PSTN_Caller_'i'_PIN_2_',''
    call item 'PSTN_Caller_'i'_DP_2_','1'
    end

    Bob Eager, Oct 26, 2013
  7. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Bob Eager" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 19:25:24 +0100, Dave wrote:

    >>> Red face time :) . I was sat on the floor in our hallway and just
    >>> checking the leads and thinking then I discovered the Line lead was not
    >>> plugged all the way in !!
    >>> I knew I didn't want to plug it all the way in just far enough to make
    >>> contact. This is because the 'barb' is missing from that line lead and
    >>> I didn't want to press it all the way in because it's difficult to
    >>> remove.
    >>>
    >>> I can now make outbound calls ! Just discovered caller ID is not
    >>> working from another extension, small point. Also takes ages to dial
    >>> from analogue phone - I think this an issue with dial_timeout in
    >>> FreePBX
    >>>
    >>> Dave.

    >> No inbound either - testing with BT's 17070 ringback test ... there
    >> appears to be loop current flowing looking at the voice info page, so
    >> the 3102 is recognising the ringing but not answering it or passing it
    >> on ?

    > Any use?
    >
    > call item 'PSTN-To-VoIP_Gateway_Enable_2_','Yes'
    > call item 'PSTN_Caller_Auth_Method_2_','None'
    > call item 'PSTN_Ring_Thru_Line_1_2_','No'
    > call item 'PSTN_PIN_Max_Retry_2_',3
    > call item 'PSTN_CID_For_VoIP_CID_2_','Yes'
    > call item 'PSTN_CID_Number_Prefix_2_',''
    > call item 'PSTN_Caller_Default_DP_2_',g.pstn_dp
    > call item 'Off_Hook_While_Calling_VoIP_2_','No'
    > call item 'Line_1_Signal_Hook_Flash_To_PSTN_2_','Disabled'
    > call item 'PSTN_CID_Name_Prefix_2_',''
    > call item 'PSTN_Caller_ID_Pattern_2_',''
    > call item 'PSTN_Access_List',''
    > do i = 1 to 8
    > call item 'PSTN_Caller_'i'_PIN_2_',''
    > call item 'PSTN_Caller_'i'_DP_2_','1'
    > end
    >

    > --
    > Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: http://www.mirrorservice.org
    > My posts (including this one) are my copyright and if @diy_forums on
    > Twitter wish to tweet them they can pay me £30 a post
    > *lightning surge protection* - a w_tom conductor

    Yes, here are my settings ..
    http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5476/10498580965_0ae1b52586_o.jpg

    Dave, Oct 26, 2013
  8. Dave

    Graham. Guest

    On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 19:25:24 +0100, "Dave" <> wrote:

    >"Dave" <> wrote in message news:l4gtpg$nh5$...
    >>

    >> "Dave" <> wrote in message news:l4gqmu$5mq$...
    >>>

    >>> "Bob Eager" <> wrote in message

    >>> Yes, Both Line 1 Status and PSTN Line Status are showing registered the
    >>> other settings are now the same as yours - still have the All Circuits
    >>> Are Busy Now (ACABN).
    >>>

    >> Red face time :) . I was sat on the floor in our hallway and just
    >> checking the leads and thinking then I discovered the Line lead was not
    >> plugged all the way in !!
    >> I knew I didn't want to plug it all the way in just far enough to make
    >> contact. This is because the 'barb' is missing from that line lead and I
    >> didn't want to press it all the way in because it's difficult to remove.
    >>
    >> I can now make outbound calls ! Just discovered caller ID is not
    >> working from another extension, small point. Also takes ages to dial from
    >> analogue phone - I think this an issue with dial_timeout in FreePBX
    >>
    >> Dave.

    >No inbound either - testing with BT's 17070 ringback test ... there appears
    >to be loop current flowing looking at the voice info page, so the 3102 is
    >recognising the ringing but not answering it or passing it on ?

    Hi Dave,
    Do you still see a long delay if you append # at the end?

    As the FXO and FXS are behind a common network interface and therefore
    share a MAC they need to have different ports assigned, and by default
    the SPA has 5061 assigned to the FSO. In the freepbx trunk, you should
    have a line in PEER Details that says

    port=5061

    Here are my PEER Details in full

    disallow=all
    allow=ulaw
    canreinvite=no
    context=from-trunk
    dtmfmode=rfc2833
    host=dynamic
    incominglimit=1
    nat=never
    port=5061
    qualify=yes
    secret=????
    type=friend
    username=1-pstn

    SSH into the RPi and issue "asterisk -rvvvvv" at the root prompt,
    then see what it spews out when the POTS line rings.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Oct 26, 2013
  9. Dave

    Graham. Guest

    On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 20:45:41 +0100, "Dave" <> wrote:

    >"Bob Eager" <> wrote in message

    >>> No inbound either - testing with BT's 17070 ringback test ... there
    >>> appears to be loop current flowing looking at the voice info page, so
    >>> the 3102 is recognising the ringing but not answering it or passing it
    >>> on ?

    >> Any use?
    >>
    >> call item 'PSTN-To-VoIP_Gateway_Enable_2_','Yes'
    >> call item 'PSTN_Caller_Auth_Method_2_','None'
    >> call item 'PSTN_Ring_Thru_Line_1_2_','No'
    >> call item 'PSTN_PIN_Max_Retry_2_',3
    >> call item 'PSTN_CID_For_VoIP_CID_2_','Yes'
    >> call item 'PSTN_CID_Number_Prefix_2_',''
    >> call item 'PSTN_Caller_Default_DP_2_',g.pstn_dp
    >> call item 'Off_Hook_While_Calling_VoIP_2_','No'
    >> call item 'Line_1_Signal_Hook_Flash_To_PSTN_2_','Disabled'
    >> call item 'PSTN_CID_Name_Prefix_2_',''
    >> call item 'PSTN_Caller_ID_Pattern_2_',''
    >> call item 'PSTN_Access_List',''
    >> do i = 1 to 8
    >> call item 'PSTN_Caller_'i'_PIN_2_',''
    >> call item 'PSTN_Caller_'i'_DP_2_','1'
    >> end
    >>

    >> --
    >> Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: http://www.mirrorservice.org
    >> My posts (including this one) are my copyright and if @diy_forums on
    >> Twitter wish to tweet them they can pay me £30 a post
    >> *lightning surge protection* - a w_tom conductor

    >Yes, here are my settings ..
    >http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5476/10498580965_0ae1b52586_o.jpg

    That looks fine, and I take it you modified the "Dial Plan 2" further
    up the page to (S0<:01234567890>) matching the DID of your inbound
    route in Freepbx?

    And the inbound route has a valid destination set?

    As I said, SSH into the console and ring the line.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Oct 26, 2013
  10. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 19:25:24 +0100, "Dave" <> wrote:

    >>> Red face time :) . I was sat on the floor in our hallway and just
    >>> checking the leads and thinking then I discovered the Line lead was not
    >>> plugged all the way in !!
    >>> I knew I didn't want to plug it all the way in just far enough to make
    >>> contact. This is because the 'barb' is missing from that line lead and I
    >>> didn't want to press it all the way in because it's difficult to remove.
    >>>
    >>> I can now make outbound calls ! Just discovered caller ID is not
    >>> working from another extension, small point. Also takes ages to dial
    >>> from
    >>> analogue phone - I think this an issue with dial_timeout in FreePBX
    >>>
    >>> Dave.

    >>No inbound either - testing with BT's 17070 ringback test ... there
    >>appears
    >>to be loop current flowing looking at the voice info page, so the 3102 is
    >>recognising the ringing but not answering it or passing it on ?

    > Hi Dave,
    > Do you still see a long delay if you append # at the end?
    >
    > As the FXO and FXS are behind a common network interface and therefore
    > share a MAC they need to have different ports assigned, and by default
    > the SPA has 5061 assigned to the FSO. In the freepbx trunk, you should
    > have a line in PEER Details that says
    >
    > port=5061
    >
    > Here are my PEER Details in full
    >

    > disallow=all
    > allow=ulaw
    > canreinvite=no
    > context=from-trunk
    > dtmfmode=rfc2833
    > host=dynamic
    > incominglimit=1
    > nat=never
    > port=5061
    > qualify=yes
    > secret=????
    > type=friend
    > username=1-pstn
    >

    > SSH into the RPi and issue "asterisk -rvvvvv" at the root prompt,
    > then see what it spews out when the POTS line rings.
    >

    > --
    > Graham.
    >
    > %Profound_observation%

    Hi Graham,

    Yes, a # appended speeds it up, I think it can be adjusted with
    dial_timeout somewhere but can cause problems.

    Peer details exactly like yours, I'll look into a more verbose output .

    my lash-up !

    http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5529/10498054304_09feec4d57_k.jpg

    Dave.

    Dave, Oct 26, 2013
  11. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 20:45:41 +0100, "Dave" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Bob Eager" <> wrote in message

    >>> Any use?
    >>>
    >>> call item 'PSTN-To-VoIP_Gateway_Enable_2_','Yes'
    >>> call item 'PSTN_Caller_Auth_Method_2_','None'
    >>> call item 'PSTN_Ring_Thru_Line_1_2_','No'
    >>> call item 'PSTN_PIN_Max_Retry_2_',3
    >>> call item 'PSTN_CID_For_VoIP_CID_2_','Yes'
    >>> call item 'PSTN_CID_Number_Prefix_2_',''
    >>> call item 'PSTN_Caller_Default_DP_2_',g.pstn_dp
    >>> call item 'Off_Hook_While_Calling_VoIP_2_','No'
    >>> call item 'Line_1_Signal_Hook_Flash_To_PSTN_2_','Disabled'
    >>> call item 'PSTN_CID_Name_Prefix_2_',''
    >>> call item 'PSTN_Caller_ID_Pattern_2_',''
    >>> call item 'PSTN_Access_List',''
    >>> do i = 1 to 8
    >>> call item 'PSTN_Caller_'i'_PIN_2_',''
    >>> call item 'PSTN_Caller_'i'_DP_2_','1'
    >>> end
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: http://www.mirrorservice.org
    >>> My posts (including this one) are my copyright and if @diy_forums on
    >>> Twitter wish to tweet them they can pay me £30 a post
    >>> *lightning surge protection* - a w_tom conductor

    >>Yes, here are my settings ..
    >>http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5476/10498580965_0ae1b52586_o.jpg
    >>

    > That looks fine, and I take it you modified the "Dial Plan 2" further
    > up the page to (S0<:01234567890>) matching the DID of your inbound
    > route in Freepbx?
    >
    > And the inbound route has a valid destination set?
    >
    > As I said, SSH into the console and ring the line.
    >
    > --
    > Graham.
    >
    > %Profound_observation%

    Erm no, must have missed that, not sure what to set to ? I have a route
    ANY/ANY to pick it up, then sends it to the 3102's FXS port extension.

    Dave, Oct 26, 2013
  12. Dave

    Graham. Guest

    On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 21:17:35 +0100, "Dave" <> wrote:

    >"Graham." <> wrote in message

    >>>No inbound either - testing with BT's 17070 ringback test ... there
    >>>appears
    >>>to be loop current flowing looking at the voice info page, so the 3102 is
    >>>recognising the ringing but not answering it or passing it on ?

    >> Hi Dave,
    >> Do you still see a long delay if you append # at the end?
    >>
    >> As the FXO and FXS are behind a common network interface and therefore
    >> share a MAC they need to have different ports assigned, and by default
    >> the SPA has 5061 assigned to the FSO. In the freepbx trunk, you should
    >> have a line in PEER Details that says
    >>
    >> port=5061
    >>
    >> Here are my PEER Details in full
    >>

    >> disallow=all
    >> allow=ulaw
    >> canreinvite=no
    >> context=from-trunk
    >> dtmfmode=rfc2833
    >> host=dynamic
    >> incominglimit=1
    >> nat=never
    >> port=5061
    >> qualify=yes
    >> secret=????
    >> type=friend
    >> username=1-pstn
    >>

    >> SSH into the RPi and issue "asterisk -rvvvvv" at the root prompt,
    >> then see what it spews out when the POTS line rings.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Graham.
    >>
    >> %Profound_observation%

    >Hi Graham,
    >
    >Yes, a # appended speeds it up, I think it can be adjusted with
    >dial_timeout somewhere but can cause problems.
    >
    >Peer details exactly like yours, I'll look into a more verbose output .
    >
    >my lash-up !
    >
    >http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5529/10498054304_09feec4d57_k.jpg
    >

    >Dave.

    A man after my own heart Dave, most of my projects look as messy as
    that, but I'm quite proud of the neatness of my final configuration

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/10499539866/lightbox/

    Note the second PAP2 has been removed, three extensions are
    sufficient. And the disaster recovery spare SD card, very impotent.

    I bet you don't work much DX with that PLA going.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Oct 26, 2013
  13. Dave

    Graham. Guest

    Graham., Oct 26, 2013
  14. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 21:17:35 +0100, "Dave" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Graham." <> wrote in message

    >>> Hi Dave,
    >>> Do you still see a long delay if you append # at the end?
    >>>
    >>> As the FXO and FXS are behind a common network interface and therefore
    >>> share a MAC they need to have different ports assigned, and by default
    >>> the SPA has 5061 assigned to the FSO. In the freepbx trunk, you should
    >>> have a line in PEER Details that says
    >>>
    >>> port=5061
    >>>
    >>> Here are my PEER Details in full
    >>>

    >>> disallow=all
    >>> allow=ulaw
    >>> canreinvite=no
    >>> context=from-trunk
    >>> dtmfmode=rfc2833
    >>> host=dynamic
    >>> incominglimit=1
    >>> nat=never
    >>> port=5061
    >>> qualify=yes
    >>> secret=????
    >>> type=friend
    >>> username=1-pstn
    >>>

    >>> SSH into the RPi and issue "asterisk -rvvvvv" at the root prompt,
    >>> then see what it spews out when the POTS line rings.
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Graham.
    >>>
    >>> %Profound_observation%

    >>Hi Graham,
    >>
    >>Yes, a # appended speeds it up, I think it can be adjusted with
    >>dial_timeout somewhere but can cause problems.
    >>
    >>Peer details exactly like yours, I'll look into a more verbose output .
    >>
    >>my lash-up !
    >>
    >>http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5529/10498054304_09feec4d57_k.jpg
    >>

    >>Dave.

    > A man after my own heart Dave, most of my projects look as messy as
    > that, but I'm quite proud of the neatness of my final configuration
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/10499539866/lightbox/
    >
    > Note the second PAP2 has been removed, three extensions are
    > sufficient. And the disaster recovery spare SD card, very impotent.
    >
    > I bet you don't work much DX with that PLA going.
    >

    > --
    > Graham.
    >
    > %Profound_observation%

    Not a PLA, won't have them in the house the PI puts out a bit of noise on
    lower bands as it is. The one in the right socket is a Maplin power meter
    (16Watts Draytek+Rpi+3102).
    The one in left socket is the dect phone power supply.

    Dave

    Dave, Oct 26, 2013
  15. Dave

    Graham. Guest

    On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 21:33:33 +0100, "Dave" <> wrote:

    >"Graham." <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 20:45:41 +0100, "Dave" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Bob Eager" <> wrote in message

    >>>Yes, here are my settings ..
    >>>http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5476/10498580965_0ae1b52586_o.jpg
    >>>

    >> That looks fine, and I take it you modified the "Dial Plan 2" further
    >> up the page to (S0<:01234567890>) matching the DID of your inbound
    >> route in Freepbx?
    >>
    >> And the inbound route has a valid destination set?
    >>
    >> As I said, SSH into the console and ring the line.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Graham.
    >>
    >> %Profound_observation%

    >Erm no, must have missed that, not sure what to set to ? I have a route
    >ANY/ANY to pick it up, then sends it to the 3102's FXS port extension.

    OK I have just tried a few things and with a ANY/ANY route set it does
    work, but not when dial plan 2 is set to (xx.) (The caller hears a
    DISA dialtone)

    If I set it to
    (S0<:0>) (any digit(s) can follow the colon), then it does follow the
    "/" route.

    Make a specific route for it by putting the same number in the Freepbx
    inbound route DID, as in the SPA PSTN line Dial plan 2, The obvious
    string to use is your POTS phone number so for example
    01234567890 in the DID
    and (S0<:01234567890>) in DP2

    Try that.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Oct 26, 2013
  16. Dave

    Graham. Guest

    >> A man after my own heart Dave, most of my projects look as messy as
    >> that, but I'm quite proud of the neatness of my final configuration
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/10499539866/lightbox/
    >>
    >> Note the second PAP2 has been removed, three extensions are
    >> sufficient. And the disaster recovery spare SD card, very impotent.
    >>
    >> I bet you don't work much DX with that PLA going.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Graham.
    >>
    >> %Profound_observation%

    >Not a PLA, won't have them in the house the PI puts out a bit of noise on
    >lower bands as it is. The one in the right socket is a Maplin power meter
    >(16Watts Draytek+Rpi+3102).
    >The one in left socket is the dect phone power supply.
    >
    >Dave

    Apology tendered!
    I mistook that power meter for one.

    I have a similar power meter, an HO1569 that I picked up for under a
    fiver IIRC.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Oct 26, 2013
  17. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 21:33:33 +0100, "Dave" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Graham." <> wrote in message

    >>> That looks fine, and I take it you modified the "Dial Plan 2" further
    >>> up the page to (S0<:01234567890>) matching the DID of your inbound
    >>> route in Freepbx?
    >>>
    >>> And the inbound route has a valid destination set?
    >>>
    >>> As I said, SSH into the console and ring the line.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Graham.
    >>>
    >>> %Profound_observation%

    >>Erm no, must have missed that, not sure what to set to ? I have a route
    >>ANY/ANY to pick it up, then sends it to the 3102's FXS port extension.

    > OK I have just tried a few things and with a ANY/ANY route set it does
    > work, but not when dial plan 2 is set to (xx.) (The caller hears a
    > DISA dialtone)
    >
    > If I set it to
    > (S0<:0>) (any digit(s) can follow the colon), then it does follow the
    > "/" route.
    >
    > Make a specific route for it by putting the same number in the Freepbx
    > inbound route DID, as in the SPA PSTN line Dial plan 2, The obvious
    > string to use is your POTS phone number so for example
    > 01234567890 in the DID
    > and (S0<:01234567890>) in DP2
    >
    > Try that.
    >

    > --
    > Graham.
    >
    > %Profound_observation%

    Hi Graham,
    Just tried that and it seemed to work, sort of, When I dial 17070 from the
    line directly then quickly swap the over to the 3102 to receive the call
    that works ok, and the 3102 FXS phone rings as directed. However, when I
    dial out via the 3102 I get a weird BT message about 'Sorry, if you want to
    access your messaging service from home you must dial 1571 - goodbye !'.
    Looking at the CDR record it appears to dial 17070 ?. It would appear that
    the 3102 is really dialling something else ??

    The outbound route is very simple just a dot . to wildcard everything to the
    3102 route out, nothing prefixed or appended.

    Dave, Oct 27, 2013
  18. Dave

    Graham. Guest

    >>>Erm no, must have missed that, not sure what to set to ? I have a route
    >>>ANY/ANY to pick it up, then sends it to the 3102's FXS port extension.

    >> OK I have just tried a few things and with a ANY/ANY route set it does
    >> work, but not when dial plan 2 is set to (xx.) (The caller hears a
    >> DISA dialtone)
    >>
    >> If I set it to
    >> (S0<:0>) (any digit(s) can follow the colon), then it does follow the
    >> "/" route.
    >>
    >> Make a specific route for it by putting the same number in the Freepbx
    >> inbound route DID, as in the SPA PSTN line Dial plan 2, The obvious
    >> string to use is your POTS phone number so for example
    >> 01234567890 in the DID
    >> and (S0<:01234567890>) in DP2
    >>
    >> Try that.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Graham.
    >>
    >> %Profound_observation%

    >Hi Graham,
    >Just tried that and it seemed to work, sort of, When I dial 17070 from the
    >line directly then quickly swap the over to the 3102 to receive the call
    >that works ok, and the 3102 FXS phone rings as directed. However, when I
    >dial out via the 3102 I get a weird BT message about 'Sorry, if you want to
    >access your messaging service from home you must dial 1571 - goodbye !'.
    >Looking at the CDR record it appears to dial 17070 ?. It would appear that
    >the 3102 is really dialling something else ??
    >
    >The outbound route is very simple just a dot . to wildcard everything to the
    >3102 route out, nothing prefixed or appended.

    Can't you use a mobile to make the calls?

    You seem to have discovered a "feature" in the BT system.
    The Betamax trunk is presenting the same CLI as the actual line you
    are dialling hence the message from 1571.

    I hadn't realised it did that, (never had 1571) but I can see why it
    might do that.
    I think you can dial an 0800 and cancel 1571, It is unnecessary with
    Asterisk , you will agree!

    So, use a mobile,
    or present a different number (or no CLI).

    Your getting there!

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Oct 27, 2013
  19. Dave

    Graham. Guest

    >Your getting there!

    You're not your.
    Sorry.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Oct 27, 2013
  20. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message

    >>> OK I have just tried a few things and with a ANY/ANY route set it does
    >>> work, but not when dial plan 2 is set to (xx.) (The caller hears a
    >>> DISA dialtone)
    >>>
    >>> If I set it to
    >>> (S0<:0>) (any digit(s) can follow the colon), then it does follow the
    >>> "/" route.
    >>>
    >>> Make a specific route for it by putting the same number in the Freepbx
    >>> inbound route DID, as in the SPA PSTN line Dial plan 2, The obvious
    >>> string to use is your POTS phone number so for example
    >>> 01234567890 in the DID
    >>> and (S0<:01234567890>) in DP2
    >>>
    >>> Try that.
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Graham.
    >>>
    >>> %Profound_observation%

    >>Hi Graham,
    >>Just tried that and it seemed to work, sort of, When I dial 17070 from the
    >>line directly then quickly swap the over to the 3102 to receive the call
    >>that works ok, and the 3102 FXS phone rings as directed. However, when I
    >>dial out via the 3102 I get a weird BT message about 'Sorry, if you want
    >>access your messaging service from home you must dial 1571 - goodbye !'.
    >>Looking at the CDR record it appears to dial 17070 ?. It would appear that
    >>the 3102 is really dialling something else ??
    >>
    >>The outbound route is very simple just a dot . to wildcard everything to
    >>the
    >>3102 route out, nothing prefixed or appended.

    > Can't you use a mobile to make the calls?
    >
    > You seem to have discovered a "feature" in the BT system.
    > The Betamax trunk is presenting the same CLI as the actual line you
    > are dialling hence the message from 1571.
    >
    > I hadn't realised it did that, (never had 1571) but I can see why it
    > might do that.
    > I think you can dial an 0800 and cancel 1571, It is unnecessary with
    > Asterisk , you will agree!
    >
    > So, use a mobile,
    > or present a different number (or no CLI).
    >

    > Your getting there!
    >
    > --
    > Graham.
    >
    > %Profound_observation%

    Morning Graham,

    No mobile coverage at home, Orange or O2, have to up the hill - not that
    useful ..

    That's what I thought never heard that BT announcement before - I'll try to
    record it !, not really sure why it's doing it. I thought 1571 would play
    nicely with FreePBX.
    It is the DP2 that is causing it because if I change it back to how it was
    were back to normal.

    I have it set up very simply, any number goes via the 3102 to BT line and
    the other way back in to the 3102. I knew the 3102 was a beast to configure
    but not realised how much so. I'll try to document my findings to add to the
    list of other 3102 setup pages I found - some more useful than others.

    My wife keeps saying I have more patience than she does and I will get there
    in the end !! - I hope so...

    Dave, Oct 27, 2013