    to this question? I tried Google with no success. Also what is carbon copy
    32 and is it something you need to run the computer or other programs? I
    have W98 on a Compaq computer.

    Stella, Oct 6, 2003

  2. Stella

    °Mike° Guest

    Anything that YOU have installed, and is in Control Panel /
    Add\Remove Programs can be uninstalled safely, if you no
    longer, or rarely, use it. Games, in particular, take up a
    lot of disk space, so if there are any games that you are
    bored with installed, get rid of them. You can also look
    for a folder called "Windows update setup files" - that is
    safe to delete. Also, follow the steps here:

    Basic computer maintenance

    On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 16:42:13 -0400, in
    <3f81d385$>
    Stella scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Oct 6, 2003

  3. Stella

    Professor Guest

    Remove all temporary internet files if you are not in the habit of doing
    that and empty your Windows temp folder and any other temp folder. Go
    through your sent mail and remove attatchments that you might have
    duplicated elsewhere on the computer and remove all duplicate attatchments
    in your inbox. If you have a cd burner burn any data files and large files
    like pics and mp3s to disk then delete the originals and copy onto cd any
    programs that you have downloaded and delete the origianals. I am talking
    about the original installation programs. If noneo this does the job you
    can consider getting an extra hard drive as they are very cheap now for
    rather large drives if you get them at discount places like Tiger Direct.
    You can get 20 gig drives for around fifty dollars.

    Professor, Oct 7, 2003