    just wondered....

    regards

    thing

    thing, May 6, 2005

  2. thing

    Chris Hope Guest

    thing wrote:

    > just wondered....

    I think it's fairly unlikely. freedomchooser is posting with a different
    version of forte (free 1.93 vs woger with full 2.0) and from a
    different ip address. There's also few typos and none of those double
    dots at the end of a sentance.. or multiple line breaks.

    --
    Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.co.mz

    Chris Hope, May 6, 2005

  3. thing

    Bret Guest

    On Fri, 06 May 2005 14:59:37 +1200, Chris Hope
    <> wrote:

    >thing wrote:
    >
    >> just wondered....

    >I think it's fairly unlikely. freedomchooser is posting with a different
    >version of forte (free 1.93 vs woger with full 2.0) and from a
    >different ip address. There's also few typos and none of those double
    >dots at the end of a sentance.. or multiple line breaks.

    I'll second it not being Roger, I was thinking it was Patrick
    Dunford.

    Bret, May 6, 2005
  4. thing

    Mutlley Guest

    Chris Hope <> wrote:

    >thing wrote:
    >
    >> just wondered....

    >I think it's fairly unlikely. freedomchooser is posting with a different
    >version of forte (free 1.93 vs woger with full 2.0) and from a
    >different ip address. There's also few typos and none of those double
    >dots at the end of a sentance.. or multiple line breaks.

    Chris.

    Check your sig. The NZ one.

    Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.co.mz

    Mutlley, May 6, 2005
  5. thing

    Chris Hope Guest

    Mutlley wrote:

    > Chris Hope <> wrote:
    >
    >>thing wrote:
    >>
    >>> just wondered....

    >>I think it's fairly unlikely. freedomchooser is posting with a
    >>different version of forte (free 1.93 vs woger with full 2.0) and from
    >>a different ip address. There's also few typos and none of those
    >>double dots at the end of a sentance.. or multiple line breaks.

    > Chris.
    >
    > Check your sig. The NZ one.

    Yeah I know - I saw it after I posted it.

    Chris Hope, May 6, 2005
  6. On Fri, 06 May 2005 14:36:10 +1200, thing <> wrote:

    >just wondered....

    maybe thing is woger

    FreedomChooser, May 6, 2005
  7. On Fri, 06 May 2005 14:36:10 +1200, thing <> wrote:

    >just wondered....

    What are you achieving with this obsession
    You choose to post as "thing" anonymously
    People use the identity thing to score political points taking the
    forum of what it was intended for

    I respect that people wish to remain anonymous for many reasons
    Threads where the identity of postres are discussed are a waste of
    time

    FreedomChooser, May 7, 2005
  8. Re: Microserfdomchooser = woger?

    In article <>,
    Bret <> wrote:

    >I'll second it not being Roger, I was thinking it was Patrick
    >Dunford.

    For some reason the name "Max Burke" comes to mind. He too tried to duel
    with me over Linux-versus-Windows, and lost.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 8, 2005
  9. thing

    Bret Guest

    Re: Microserfdomchooser = woger?

    On Sun, 08 May 2005 17:22:58 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Bret <> wrote:
    >
    >>I'll second it not being Roger, I was thinking it was Patrick
    >>Dunford.

    >For some reason the name "Max Burke" comes to mind. He too tried to duel
    >with me over Linux-versus-Windows, and lost.

    Max likes to live up to his name, and always remember he doesn't work
    for Microsoft directly.

    Bret, May 8, 2005
  10. thing

    Max Burke Guest

    Re: Microserfdomchooser = woger?

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro scribbled:
    > In article <>,
    > Bret <> wrote:

    >> I'll second it not being Roger, I was thinking it was Patrick
    >> Dunford.

    > For some reason the name "Max Burke" comes to mind. He too tried to
    > duel with me over Linux-versus-Windows, and lost.

    What Bret said...
    Unlike some I have no need to hide behind psuedo identities when posting my
    opinions to any newsgroup...

    IMO if you're not prepared to 'attach' your real name to your opinions
    about, well, anything at all, then opinions dont really count for much
    anywhere, let alone in usenet newsgroups...

    Noted that you think 'debates' in newsgroups are things that are, or have to
    be won or lost; Perhaps you'd like to explain why *you* see them that
    way....

    Found Images

    Max Burke, May 8, 2005
  11. thing

    Max Burke Guest

    Re: Microserfdomchooser = woger?

    > Bret scribbled:

    > On Sun, 08 May 2005 17:22:58 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    > <_zealand> wrote:

    >> In article <>,
    >> Bret <> wrote:
    >> I'll second it not being Roger, I was thinking it was Patrick
    >> Dunford.

    >> For some reason the name "Max Burke" comes to mind. He too tried to
    >> duel with me over Linux-versus-Windows, and lost.

    > Max likes to live up to his name, and always remember he doesn't work
    > for Microsoft directly.

    Do I work for microsoft indirectly?????

    ;-)

    Found Images

    Max Burke, May 8, 2005
  12. Re: Microserfdomchooser = woger?

    In article <>, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    >In article <>,
    > Bret <> wrote:
    >
    >>I'll second it not being Roger, I was thinking it was Patrick
    >>Dunford.

    >For some reason the name "Max Burke" comes to mind. He too tried to duel
    >with me over Linux-versus-Windows, and lost.

    That sounds more likely. Styles are much closer ... and mrs chooser hasn't
    said "Crap" (tm) that I've seen :)

    Bruce

    -------------------------------------
    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, May 8, 2005
  13. In article <>, thing <> wrote:
    >FreedomChooser wrote:
    >> On Fri, 06 May 2005 14:36:10 +1200, thing <> wrote:

    >>>just wondered....

    >> What are you achieving with this obsession
    >> You choose to post as "thing" anonymously
    >> People use the identity thing to score political points taking the
    >> forum of what it was intended for
    >>
    >> I respect that people wish to remain anonymous for many reasons
    >> Threads where the identity of postres are discussed are a waste of
    >> time

    >Woger often changes his identity and posts from a windows bigot point of
    >view. His posts are often less than supportable, your earlier post came
    >across as very Woger....

    Likewise I'm with Max on this one (damn !). If your opinion isn't worth your
    name, it's worth nothing.
    For examples, see ... well ... anyhing posted anonymously :)

    Bruce

    -------------------------------------
    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, May 8, 2005
  14. Re: Microserfdomchooser = woger?

    In article <>, thing <> wrote:
    >Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >> Bret <> wrote:
    >>>I'll second it not being Roger, I was thinking it was Patrick
    >>>Dunford.

    >> For some reason the name "Max Burke" comes to mind. He too tried to duel
    >> with me over Linux-versus-Windows, and lost.

    >Personally I have mostly found Max's posts thought provoking, and
    >interesting. Critisism of OSS is not not allowed.
    >
    >All software is far from perfect, I think proprietry software suffers
    >from marketing and blinkers, it is its weakness, OSS does not want to
    >end up like this.
    >
    >A fair and critical analysis of a product is good IMHO.

    Agreed up to a point. IIRC, I have never seen Max say anything good about
    OS. This makes me think he may be biased. :)

    Bruce

    -------------------------------------
    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, May 8, 2005
  15. thing

    thing Guest

    thing, May 8, 2005
  16. thing

    thing Guest

    thing, May 8, 2005
  17. In article <>, Bret <> wrote:
    >On Sun, 08 May 2005 21:44:04 GMT,
    > (Bruce Sinclair)
    >wrote:

    >>>Woger often changes his identity and posts from a windows bigot point of
    >>>view. His posts are often less than supportable, your earlier post came
    >>>across as very Woger....

    >>Likewise I'm with Max on this one (damn !). If your opinion isn't worth your
    >>name, it's worth nothing.
    >>For examples, see ... well ... anyhing posted anonymously :)

    >But isn't Max's opinion worthless, you don't really believe that's his
    >real name do you?

    Possibly ... but at least he has the politeness not to keep changing his
    posting nick (as some others do). After all, if you want to be "Max Burke"
    (or "Bruce Sinclair") somewhere, then that's who you are. :)
    The multiple anons OTOH, must really have ... some "issues" IMO :)

    Bruce

    -------------------------------------
    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, May 9, 2005
  18. In article <>, thing <> wrote:
    >Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >> Likewise I'm with Max on this one (damn !). If your opinion isn't worth your
    >> name, it's worth nothing.
    >> For examples, see ... well ... anyhing posted anonymously :)

    >Personal opinion, if you choose or not to take my posts or others
    >seriously, or not, because of a nick name or not that is your right, I
    >dont really care.

    Sources and reliability. If you don't think they are connnected, then you
    are wrong :)

    >A name does not matter, on the Internet I could be Bill Clinton
    >discussing oral sex, you have no way of knowing whether I really am, or
    >not, or know whether I know of not what I am talking about, make you own
    >decision.

    Already have :) :)

    Bruce

    -------------------------------------
    - George Bernard Shaw
    - Ambrose Bierce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, May 9, 2005
  19. thing

    Bret Guest

    On Sun, 08 May 2005 21:44:04 GMT,
    z (Bruce Sinclair)

    Bret, May 9, 2005
  20. thing

    Bret Guest

    On Mon, 09 May 2005 00:07:20 GMT,
    z (Bruce Sinclair)
    wrote:

    >In article <>, Bret <> wrote:
    >>On Sun, 08 May 2005 21:44:04 GMT,
    >> (Bruce Sinclair)
    >>wrote:

    >>>Likewise I'm with Max on this one (damn !). If your opinion isn't worth your
    >>>name, it's worth nothing.
    >>>For examples, see ... well ... anyhing posted anonymously :)

    >>But isn't Max's opinion worthless, you don't really believe that's his
    >>real name do you?

    >Possibly ... but at least he has the politeness not to keep changing his
    >posting nick (as some others do). After all, if you want to be "Max Burke"
    >(or "Bruce Sinclair") somewhere, then that's who you are. :)
    >The multiple anons OTOH, must really have ... some "issues" IMO :)

    Agreed.

    Bret, May 9, 2005