Freecalls - 5 Free Hours - Which quickly reduces to about 5 minutes! lol

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by News Reader, Aug 23, 2006.

  1. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    Hi,

    Interested by the earlier post of paul 123 - "FreeCall 5 hour giveaway" I
    thought I would try Finarea / Betamax's latest offering.

    Enjoyably it appeared to work as might be hoped for the first few calls
    (over 1 minute duration, permitted direct calls [bi-directionally PSTN <->
    FreeCall <-> PSTN], etc.). However, quite soon the calls were refused (total
    call time used believed to be ~ 5 minutes total) and I was offered to be
    redirected to the website to buy credit ! (Perhaps it is a typo - 5 minutes
    free rather than hours ! - lol!).

    In any event, a subsequent account created did re-permit free calls -
    however now limited to 1 minute duration max. (and after a total of about 5
    minutes no more free calls were permitted!).

    Hence, it seems to me that whatever the hopes may be about this trial offer
    / etc. it actually amounts to little or no more than the previous offerings.

    What is the current best deal for "unlimited" UK landline calls (whether
    VoIP or PSTN service)? I am looking for something probably sub £5 per month
    (preferably substantially sub that mark).

    Best wishes,

    News Reader

    News Reader, Aug 23, 2006

  2. News Reader

    ^^artnada^^ Guest

    News Reader wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Interested by the earlier post of paul 123 - "FreeCall 5 hour giveaway" I
    > thought I would try Finarea / Betamax's latest offering.
    >
    > Enjoyably it appeared to work as might be hoped for the first few calls
    > (over 1 minute duration, permitted direct calls [bi-directionally PSTN <->
    > FreeCall <-> PSTN], etc.). However, quite soon the calls were refused
    > (total
    > call time used believed to be ~ 5 minutes total) and I was offered to be
    > redirected to the website to buy credit ! (Perhaps it is a typo - 5
    > minutes
    > free rather than hours ! - lol!).
    >
    > In any event, a subsequent account created did re-permit free calls -
    > however now limited to 1 minute duration max. (and after a total of about
    > 5
    > minutes no more free calls were permitted!).
    >
    > Hence, it seems to me that whatever the hopes may be about this trial
    > offer
    > / etc. it actually amounts to little or no more than the previous
    > offerings.
    >
    > What is the current best deal for "unlimited" UK landline calls (whether
    > VoIP or PSTN service)? I am looking for something probably sub £5 per
    > month
    > (preferably substantially sub that mark).
    >

    > Best wishes,
    >

    > News Reader

    I have just started using http://www.freetalk.co.uk/ @ £6.99 p/month
    unlimited UK landline/National calls. subject to re-dialing @ 60 mins.

    Well happy with it. Quality is good, no drop outs etc.
    http://www.freetalk.co.uk/

    ^^artnada^^, Aug 23, 2006

  3. News Reader

    paul123 Guest

    News Reader wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Interested by the earlier post of paul 123 - "FreeCall 5 hour giveaway" I
    > thought I would try Finarea / Betamax's latest offering.
    >
    > Enjoyably it appeared to work as might be hoped for the first few calls
    > (over 1 minute duration, permitted direct calls [bi-directionally PSTN <->
    > FreeCall <-> PSTN], etc.). However, quite soon the calls were refused (total
    > call time used believed to be ~ 5 minutes total) and I was offered to be
    > redirected to the website to buy credit ! (Perhaps it is a typo - 5 minutes
    > free rather than hours ! - lol!).
    >
    > In any event, a subsequent account created did re-permit free calls -
    > however now limited to 1 minute duration max. (and after a total of about 5
    > minutes no more free calls were permitted!).
    >
    > Hence, it seems to me that whatever the hopes may be about this trial offer
    > / etc. it actually amounts to little or no more than the previous offerings.

    yes, strange things happening there..... Certainly aint doing what it's
    supposed to.

    paul123, Aug 23, 2006
  4. News Reader

    News Reader Guest