    install the free FreeCall application, plug a headset in your PC and
    start calling instantly.

    more at: www.freecall.com

    paul123, Aug 20, 2006

  2. paul123

    Yaz Guest

    "paul123" <> wrote >
    > To quote the site:
    > New: 5 HOURS of FREE CALLS to regular phones over the internet. Just
    > install the free FreeCall application, plug a headset in your PC and
    > start calling instantly.

    Voipcheap offers this anyway... permanently.

    Yaz

    Yaz, Aug 20, 2006

  3. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Yaz wrote:
    > "paul123" <> wrote >
    > > To quote the site:
    > > New: 5 HOURS of FREE CALLS to regular phones over the internet. Just
    > > install the free FreeCall application, plug a headset in your PC and
    > > start calling instantly.

    > Voipcheap offers this anyway... permanently.

    Uh huh, but you have to pay in credit, don't you? The freecall offer is
    without paying in credit, as I read it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

    paul123, Aug 20, 2006
  4. paul123

    Martin Jay Guest

    In message <>,
    paul123 <> writes
    >I just received an email in French from Freecall (the Finarea/Betamax
    >people). I don't remember much French, so I went to the website and it
    >would appear they are giving 5 hours free calls.
    >
    >To quote the site:
    >New: 5 HOURS of FREE CALLS to regular phones over the internet. Just
    >install the free FreeCall application, plug a headset in your PC and
    >start calling instantly.
    >
    >more at: www.freecall.com

    Betamax accounts used to come with 100 trial minutes. It appears
    they've upped that under their FreeCall alias. :)

    Fortunately all the Betamax diallers are small and co-exist on the same
    PC quite happily. :)
    --
    Martin Jay
    Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877

    Martin Jay, Aug 20, 2006
  5. paul123

    Yaz Guest

    "paul123" <> wrote> Uh huh, but you have to pay in credit,
    don't you? The freecall offer is
    > without paying in credit, as I read it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

    I use Voipcheap that offers the same FREE phone calls without credit. Tried
    and it works.

    Yaz

    Yaz, Aug 20, 2006
  6. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Yaz wrote:
    > "paul123" <> wrote> Uh huh, but you have to pay in credit,
    > don't you? The freecall offer is
    > > without paying in credit, as I read it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

    > I use Voipcheap that offers the same FREE phone calls without credit. Tried
    > and it works.

    Sorry to be insistant, but is that free, unlimited (time on one call)
    calls? How many calls have you made? I just seem to remember there was
    a limit to the number of calls you could make before needing to cough
    up credit.

    Oh and is that voipcheap.co.uk or voipcheap.com?

    paul123, Aug 21, 2006
  7. paul123

    Martin Jay Guest

    In message <>,
    paul123 <> writes
    >Yaz wrote:
    >> I use Voipcheap that offers the same FREE phone calls without credit. Tried
    >> and it works.

    >Sorry to be insistant, but is that free, unlimited (time on one call)
    >calls? How many calls have you made? I just seem to remember there was
    >a limit to the number of calls you could make before needing to cough
    >up credit.
    >
    >Oh and is that voipcheap.co.uk or voipcheap.com?

    Good point.

    Voipcheap.co.uk stopped working for me after I had made exactly 100
    minutes of calls. The call I was on at the time was automatically
    terminated.

    There doesn't seem to be any technical reason why you can't simply
    create a new account every time you run out of free minutes. But a
    basic top-up of a tenner every four months hardly breaks the bank. :)
    --
    Martin Jay
    Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877

    Martin Jay, Aug 21, 2006
  8. paul123

    Oldie Guest

    paul123 wrote:
    > I just received an email in French from Freecall (the Finarea/Betamax
    > people). I don't remember much French, so I went to the website and it
    > would appear they are giving 5 hours free calls.
    >
    > To quote the site:
    > New: 5 HOURS of FREE CALLS to regular phones over the internet. Just
    > install the free FreeCall application, plug a headset in your PC and
    > start calling instantly.
    >
    > more at: www.freecall.com

    Has anybody managed to get this to work using an ATA? The servers on
    their instructions page seem a little strange to me (i.e. a STUN server
    for registration). I've tried all combinations with no success.

    Oldie

    Oldie, Aug 22, 2006
  9. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Oldie wrote:
    > paul123 wrote:
    > > I just received an email in French from Freecall (the Finarea/Betamax
    > > people). I don't remember much French, so I went to the website and it
    > > would appear they are giving 5 hours free calls.
    > >
    > > To quote the site:
    > > New: 5 HOURS of FREE CALLS to regular phones over the internet. Just
    > > install the free FreeCall application, plug a headset in your PC and
    > > start calling instantly.
    > >
    > > more at: www.freecall.com

    > Has anybody managed to get this to work using an ATA? The servers on
    > their instructions page seem a little strange to me (i.e. a STUN server
    > for registration). I've tried all combinations with no success.

    What ATA do you have? try searching this group or the web for the name
    of your ATA + any of the following ('cos they'll probably all work by
    just adjusting username and password) - voipstunt, voipbuster,
    sipdiscount, voipdiscount, internetcalls etc - as they are all from the
    same company their configs are pretty much interchangable.

    paul123, Aug 22, 2006
  10. paul123

    Oldie Guest

    (earlier postings snipped)

    > > Has anybody managed to get this to work using an ATA? The servers on
    > > their instructions page seem a little strange to me (i.e. a STUN server
    > > for registration). I've tried all combinations with no success.

    > What ATA do you have? try searching this group or the web for the name
    > of your ATA + any of the following ('cos they'll probably all work by
    > just adjusting username and password) - voipstunt, voipbuster,
    > sipdiscount, voipdiscount, internetcalls etc - as they are all from the
    > same company their configs are pretty much interchangable.

    It's not a question of the ATA; actually I wanted to register it with
    Voxalot so that I can use their mobile callback service (one leg with
    Voipdiscount, the other with Freecall) as they don't usually like it if
    you run two such concurrent calls on one account.

    Anyway I ignored the recommended settings on their website and used
    sip.voipstunt.com as you suggested. It worked, so thanks for that. Now
    to see if I can set up a call with the two services on different legs.
    .. .

    Oldie

    Oldie, Aug 23, 2006