Freebies- but where's the 64bit version?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Tom Orle, Oct 22, 2009.

  1. Tom Orle

    Tom Orle Guest

    Hi all,

    I just started messing with my copy of Win 7 and am glad to have found
    this newsgroup.

    I attended an MS product intro presentation for Win 7 for IT
    developers or professionals(*) on Sept 28 here in Atlanta.
    It's still beeing held in several cities in the US in case you're
    interested.
    At the end of sitting thru the 4- 5hr presentations ythey give you a
    free copy of Win 7 Ultimate. But the DVD only has the 32 bit version
    on it. However we were told that we could download the 64 bit version
    for free using the product key that came with theDVD. Problem is that
    we haven't told us where to download it from - no MS site seems to
    know about this deal. Anybody have any ideas??

    If interested, you can sign up for the remaining presentations here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/business/thenewefficiency/

    If you do, go ask where to download the 64 bit version from ;-)

    (*) BTW - they don't seem to take this 'for IT professionals' too
    seriously! There were several folks here at the Atlanta presentation
    that I doubt were developers or professionals - like 16 to 18 year old
    kids who admitted to attending just to get their free $200+ copies of
    Win 7.

    -=tom=-
    Tom Orle, Oct 22, 2009

  2. Hi Tom,